Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-28-2022, 06:00 AM   #41
4 Rivet Member

Little falls , New York
Take the time to get up into the Katahdin/Penobscot area and up into the fat reaches of Washington county/New Brunswick border area. Lincoln and Millinocket are great home base areas.

If you like to fish, the Penobscot is great and great landlocked salmon in the Chiputneticooks.
civeng99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 07:43 AM   #42
1 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Lewes , Delaware
Waiting on my 30 foot classic - decided to order a new truck. 90 wait on it. It will be a race to see which one gets here first. Getting ready for going west and retirement!! 3500HD Duramax. this is not a truck thread HA!
Big Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 01:30 PM   #43
1 Rivet Member

2023 30' Classic
Colbert , Washington
Yes, Pottery Barn and Classics are on the same production line. We ordered out PB Nov 2021. I was updated yesterday that the "new" delivery date would be Jan 16th. Before that it was mid December, before that, September, and before that July. Will we have it before Spring of 23?
ForeverFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 03:32 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Ordered our 2022 April, 2021. Now being delayed again to October, 2022 and will be a 2023 model. This is BS so we canceled our order and have received our deposit back.
DeltaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 06:03 PM   #45
3 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Granville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaRon View Post
Ordered our 2022 April, 2021. Now being delayed again to October, 2022 and will be a 2023 model. This is BS so we canceled our order and have received our deposit back.
Wow, any explanation? I ordered 7/2/21 and got it 7/6/22.
Roadhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 02:43 PM   #46
3 Rivet Member

2023 33' Classic
Manassas , Virginia
Received notification today that our Airstream finally is...well...an Airstream. Ordered August of '21. Received word it is finished today. Still at the factory and has yet to be shipped to our dealer, but we actually have seen a picture of it now.

It does look from the photos to have the desirable 40 lb. aluminum propane cylinders. Yay!! Beyond ecstatic that I may avoid an early death at the hands of my better half now that I finally have good news to share.
InvertdEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 03:50 PM   #47
Freedom

2023 30' Classic
Dallas , TX
Okay, ordered December 2021. Our Classic came in on 10-16-22.
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 03:53 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Almost a year. Not bad. Heard some people waiting two years at one point

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 03:55 PM   #49
Freedom

2023 30' Classic
Dallas , TX
I agree!
Old 11-14-2022, 11:00 PM   #50
3 Rivet Member

2022 33' Classic
2019 33' Classic
2017 27' Tommy Bahama
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvertdEagle View Post
Received notification today that our Airstream finally is...well...an Airstream. Ordered August of '21. Received word it is finished today. Still at the factory and has yet to be shipped to our dealer, but we actually have seen a picture of it now.

It does look from the photos to have the desirable 40 lb. aluminum propane cylinders. Yay!! Beyond ecstatic that I may avoid an early death at the hands of my better half now that I finally have good news to share.
The website is wrong. The tanks are still aluminum. I was pleasantly surprised when ours arrived earlier this year that they were aluminum.

One downside was that the tank cover is flat on the front instead having the contour around the jack. I liked the contoured cover better. Was a little more rigid feeling, but still good.

Also although I haven’t checked the specs. The weight distribution jacks feel weaker than the old ones. The old jacks from our 2019 classic would kind of lift a little. The new ones max out without really budging the trailer.
trepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 07:42 AM   #51
3 Rivet Member

2023 33' Classic
Manassas , Virginia
Well...the Airstream Classic 33 we ordered has finally arrived.

It happened to show up while we were at the dealership signing the papers (yeah...I know...signing the contract before actually "seeing" the unit is a bad idea, but was the only way to preserve our interest rate that had a 60 day lock-in window). But, while we were there our rig showed up out front. Surprise!!

It was a bit dirty having driven all night from JC to Virginia in the rain. And the projection TV screen fell down on one side. But other than that, it seems to be in pretty good shape. "Officially" picking it up tomorrow.

One thing I noticed though...it's ** a lot ** heavier than I expected. The Airstream web page when looking at the specs called for an empty weight of 8,375 lbs. Ours actually weighs 8,597 lbs. For the life of me I can figure out where the additional 222 lbs. came from. JC indicated that the weights on their web page are "an average of the first 10 units off the line"...but the 8,375 number has been pretty consistent on their web page for a number of years now. Maybe all those first 10 units were Queen bed models (ours is a twin), and maybe the Queen bed models are lighter.

Odd thing is...it "should be" lighter than before. When they went to the synthetic subfloor vs. plywood, that should have saved some weight. Also, the '23 Classics don't have the window boxes at all...just bare aluminum...so that had to save some weight. The AC's are different this year too...and lighter by a few pounds each. We did lose the propane oven we ordered in lieu of a convection microwave. (Dometic stopped making the propane oven/range combo, so Airstream had to come up with something else.) The drawers they installed in its place probably added a few pounds though.

Sooooo....that's the thing. It should be lighter...but isn't.
Old 11-17-2022, 10:19 AM   #52
2 Rivet Member

2022 28' Pottery Barn
Flagstaff , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Iron View Post
Does anyone know how the "Q" works? Do some dealers have preference? DOes Airstream bundle units for manufacturing runs and delivery? It's odd some folks get delivery inside of a year when others ordered about the same time frame but must wait an additional 4-6 months. Again, we ordered out 30 ft classic June wk 1 in 2021. Expected delivery date moved to November week 4 of 2022. also 2023 model. anyone know of changes between the model years? Lot to unpack here. Thanks!

I posted this in a separate discussion but in brief, there is no way for a dealer to really guarantee a production or delivery date unless your order was immediately placed into a “scheduled” production slot for your specific travel trailer.

The way it works: dealerships are periodically allocated these production slots from JC. Some dealers get a larger number of slots; some get slots more frequently. All customer orders eventually go into these slots- but not all orders are scheduled for production from the time they are placed.

When I was initially told to expect to wait 6-8 months for my PB, that was an initial estimate from the dealer. Which as we all now know, means absolutely nothing.

The dealers receive these production slots from JC and they will place the orders for specific travel trailers (ie Classics or Pottery Barns) in these slots in the order they were received from customers. These orders are considered “unscheduled”. Obviously, production constraints have been crazy and orders, despite being placed by the customer very early on, may not become “scheduled” for extremely long periods of time.

It is not until your order becomes “scheduled” that you will receive a VIN, production date, or delivery date.

Hope this helps / makes sense.
StreaminNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 01:51 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Regarding weight, I’m not certain if this is it but when we were at the mother ship we saw the new units without the Hump. They indicated that they end up elongating the ribs to achieve this. Don’t know if the new humpless units use more aluminum… just throwing it out there for conversation sake.

Follow our adventures!
Old 11-18-2022, 04:30 AM   #54
3 Rivet Member

2022 33' Classic
2019 33' Classic
2017 27' Tommy Bahama
Scottsdale , Arizona
What and where was the hump. I don’t recall any exterior difference between our 2019 and 21 classics.
trepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 05:44 AM   #55
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
When airstream switched to the ductless system there ended up being a Hump on the roof. In the 2023 models the Hump is gone due to wind tunnel research they did in 2021 or 2022 (I can’t remember). Next year model, all units will no longer have Hump. Currently it’s just the classic and 1 other model that doesn’t have it. Maybe it was the special edition?

Follow our adventures!
Old 11-18-2022, 05:52 AM   #56
Rivet Master

2017 16' Sport
N/A , N/A
Nicknamed ‘ The Camel’, sorry couldn’t resist[emoji846]
Silvr_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 11:58 AM   #57
Freedom

2023 30' Classic
Dallas , TX
My 2023 Classic doesn't have the hump.
Old 11-23-2022, 10:12 AM   #58
1 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Lewes , Delaware
Mine was supposed to come off the assembly line 11/17. This date still has not been validated. How long for transport from JC to dealership did most of you experience? Mine is going to NC. arghh. I want a silver christmas!!
Big Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 12:27 PM   #59
3 Rivet Member

2023 33' Classic
Manassas , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Iron View Post
Mine was supposed to come off the assembly line 11/17. This date still has not been validated. How long for transport from JC to dealership did most of you experience? Mine is going to NC. arghh. I want a silver christmas!!
We took delivery of our Classic 33 on Nov 18th. It was reportedly due off the line on Nov 1st - this I confirmed with our dealer and by calling Airstream directly. When it missed the Nov 1 date, I spoke with the regional Airstream rep and he indicated that the Classics and PB's take longer due to the increased systems present in these coaches.

As for delivery, the same regional Airstream rep was able to pull some strings to get it delivered very quickly thereafter. He actually did a really good job in that regard - so props to Airstream and especially the regional rep there. They knew that I had a commitment (traveling in the Airstream) the weekend following delivery. They actually had a driver drive through the night the next day to get it to Ashland, VA. My dealer kept it for a day...doing...something, but I don't know what exactly. I know they're supposed to do a very specific and detailed PDI - but they kind of missed the mark on that.

So...rapid delivery to your dealer is possible, but it's the exception rather than the rule. They say "a week or two" in normal circumstances to get it delivered. Also depends on how far you are from JC. My delivery was an 8-9 hour drive (Ohio to Virginia). If you're out west somewhere, it'll probably take longer.
Old 11-23-2022, 10:08 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
2023 28' Flying Cloud
Monmouth , Oregon
Well our unit was supposed to be in yesterday, but it dodnt make it. The paperwork got our dealer though so we finished all the boring parts today. Hopefully, we are picking it up and taking her home next Saturday.