Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-07-2021, 02:49 PM   #41
1 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
Okeechobee , FL
Is there a list of where are the CZone boxes are located for a 33 classic?
Brilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 02:58 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
City , West Virginia
All three boxes - COI, Contact 6 and third are under the wardrobe closet in bathroom. They are on pull out shelves on right. Or at least in the 2021.
AnnaBelle33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 08:39 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBelle33 View Post
All three boxes - COI, Contact 6 and third are under the wardrobe closet in bathroom. They are on pull out shelves on right. Or at least in the 2021.
There will be two contact 6 boxes. The second is powered by the "always on" key switch that powers the router. That's how your remote battery switch is able to operate. I don't know where that one is on the 33 though.
Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 10:33 AM   #44
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Hamilton , Ohio
Here's a list of my hacks to the sea zone system. I have a 30 foot 2019 classic.
[LIST][*]- I added an additional mode called "Pit stop." This mode simply turns on the main ceiling lights, the bathroom lights and water pump. We use it when we stop for bathroom break.[*] - I changed the "Cinema mode" by removing the automatic inverter start. Now it is simply the lights.[*] - I changed the entry switch for the "Onboard mode" to be a sequence switch. Sequence 1 is the new "Pit stop"; sequence 2 is the normal onboard mode; sequence 3 is the "away mode"[*] - I changed the bathroom switch so that the bathroom lights are now a sequence switch. Sequence 1 is full lights on; sequence 2 is the lights on at 5% (night light) 2and sequence 3 turns off the bathroom lights.[*] - I changed the "Away Mode" to shorten the delay for the lights off to 5 seconds[*]I'm probably going to add a "conservation" mode that backlights the switches at 20% and keeps all the lights off. I might add a 20% main ceiling light to this mode.

If you would like a copy of this configuration file and you know what you're doing flashing the file, contact me directly through air forums.

I have attached the PDF of the modes I have modified.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 30' CLASSIC REV C Modes Group 1.pdf (5.9 KB, 73 views)
ErnieDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 09:26 AM   #45
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Cary , North Carolina
Update CZone using COI

Has anyone used this method to make changes to the CZone configurations?

TMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 02:04 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoose View Post
Has anyone used this method to make changes to the CZone configurations?

That is the method I started out with. It’s easy to use but it has some drawbacks too. Probably the biggest is that after the first download to the USB there must also always be a matching config on the USB to what is in the COI. It’s a safety thing so that you don’t overwrite a good config with a bad one buts it’s a pain. If you are only going to make small changes (like the one above) or only change it once or twice, it’s a good method so you don’t have to spend $$ on NMEA2000 adaptors. If you are going to add other devices go the route of the adaptor. It will make life easier.

I changed my converter and inverter out to a mastervolt combimaster and added a mastervolt mastershunt. Both items talk to the czone rather nicely. Many use victron but using czone native devices means I don’t have to have an additional control panel because the existing one automatically gets used to display vital info.
Old 05-31-2022, 09:44 AM   #47
1 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 19
Gloucester , Virginia
Touch 5 dark mode?

All the Czone docs and videos I've seen on the Touch (5, 7 & 10) displays have a dark mode with black background. I don't know how it is with the displays on the Classic's but on my I-19 they have a white backlighting. I have the latest firmware on all the modules and displays.

Has anyone been able to change this. I've tried the backlighting zones in the config but didn't have any affect.
Qurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 06:59 AM   #48
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Hamilton , Ohio
Using the configuration tool, use the "modes wizard" and set the display in the cabin to off. You can also set the BLC settings to zero back light but I would recommend 3%
Old 06-01-2022, 07:14 AM   #49
1 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 19
Gloucester , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieDurbin View Post
Using the configuration tool, use the "modes wizard" and set the display in the cabin to off. You can also set the BLC settings to zero back light but I would recommend 3%
Thanks...I'll give it a try
Qurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 04:34 PM   #50
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Hamilton , Ohio
iPad App and CZone changes and new modes

I have linked my iPad to the touch 5 directly. Touch 5 allows for clients to connect directly via Wi-Fi. After doing this there is a beautiful representation of my 30 foot classic that graphically shows all of the controls. I have attached screen shots.

Right now my Wi-Fi interfaces down and Cory at Airstream seems to think that is an issue with my Wi-Fi interface. While I want to have this functionality restored, the iPad app is absolutely wonderful. It really has much more functionality than the iPhone app however you have to connect locally. Not a problem for me. I use it when I'm cleaning the tanks and inside the trailer for general control.

I've also made numerous modifications to the CZone programming. Attached is a PDF of the new modes I have added. There are many new modes including "zoom mode" which provides lighting for my corporate calls, "all lights on" which is self-explanatory and "all lights off" which also is obvious. Another mode that I created was "morning" which keeps everything in sleep mode but only puts on the galley lights, the dining lights and the reading lights on front. This allows my wife to remain in the back of the trailer while I get some work done in the morning. I've already described in this forum "pitstop mode" which is only main lights and water pump. I also added "power conserve" mode which is exactly as you expect, only minimal lighting.

In addition to the modes, I created more sequences to the onboard control at the door. Now whenever you press the "onboard button" you can press it multiple times and select these other modes indicated above. In addition, I found that the exterior lights sequence was inadequate. I have added every different light and also an "all off" function. As I commented earlier, I modified the "cinema mode" to neglect the inverter on the first push. On the second push of the button, it turns the inverter on and on the third push it turns the inverter off. The final sequences of that button elect onboard mode and all lights off mode.

At this point I think I am done… but you know how that goes.

I am currently at International in Fryeburg Maine, if anybody is interested contact me directly through the Grupio app or reply to this post. I would love to help others get more enjoyment out of their CZone system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0BFFB46D28B0-1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	419960   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9A540908AB17-1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	419961  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_C47ED21F4BDC-1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	419962  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 30' CLASSIC REV C Modes Group 1.pdf (9.5 KB, 54 views)
Old 09-07-2022, 03:53 AM   #51
2 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Cohoes , NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieDurbin View Post
I have linked my iPad to the touch 5 directly. Touch 5 allows for clients to connect directly via Wi-Fi. After doing this there is a beautiful representation of my 30 foot classic that graphically shows all of the controls. I have attached screen shots.

I have also connected my iPad to the CZone with the CZone2 app. However, I don’t get any pretty pictures on my iPad like you shared. I just get a blank screen. Is there a configuration option I’m missing somewhere? Also, How do you edit those screens to be customized?

And thanks again for those original config files. They were very helpful.

'22 Classic 30 RBT
'24 F250 7.3L
BRN 17600
Joey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 01:38 PM   #52
Rivet... Rivet...

2022 Interstate 19
Portland , Oregon
MicroSD?

I've been reading this thread with great interest, since I'm a new Interstate 19 owner and an IT guy. I've discovered lots of features that were built into my vehicle, but disabled, including CZone wireless control with my iPad and a complete Cellular/WiFi package.

I downloaded the programming packages from CZone, and started to hunt for the location of the main CZone module, intending to use the USB stick method.
While researching this, I stumbled upon an Airstream Service Awareness Bulletin, which shows that the Touch 5 module actually has a microSD card in it with 3 files on it:
Airstream Interstate Shorty AGM 7-10-19.zcf
I19 Fav.cfp
I19 Fav.cfproj

The Bulletin contains instructions for updating the files to resolve a rain sensor issue, and seems to show a fairly simple way of updating them (starting at step 12), which I believe would allow me to upload my own custom configuration.
Not much different from the USB method, but simpler in the sense that it's only 4 screws to access the interface.

Has anyone tried this?
DavePDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 03:16 PM   #53
Rivet... Rivet...

2022 Interstate 19
Portland , Oregon
Looks like I don't have the ability to edit my own post, and I neglected to post the link to Bulletin (which also contains the link to the files).

Airstream Service Awareness Bulletin 179:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...63354-0001.pdf
Old 09-10-2022, 09:01 AM   #54
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePDX View Post
I've been reading this thread with great interest, since I'm a new Interstate 19 owner and an IT guy. I've discovered lots of features that were built into my vehicle, but disabled, including CZone wireless control with my iPad and a complete Cellular/WiFi package.

I downloaded the programming packages from CZone, and started to hunt for the location of the main CZone module, intending to use the USB stick method.
While researching this, I stumbled upon an Airstream Service Awareness Bulletin, which shows that the Touch 5 module actually has a microSD card in it with 3 files on it:
Airstream Interstate Shorty AGM 7-10-19.zcf
I19 Fav.cfp
I19 Fav.cfproj

The Bulletin contains instructions for updating the files to resolve a rain sensor issue, and seems to show a fairly simple way of updating them (starting at step 12), which I believe would allow me to upload my own custom configuration.
Not much different from the USB method, but simpler in the sense that it's only 4 screws to access the interface.

Has anyone tried this?
there are two devices that have wireless capability in the current zone configurations:
  • The touch 5 interface (or touch 7 in newer models of the Classic)

I do not have access to a Touch 7 yet so I can't speak to it, but the touch 5 can only have it's wireless "favorites" screens upgraded by microSD. Also the firmware can only be upgraded by microSD. USB functionality isn't really there. If you do not have a factory card, you can insert a new one into the display and tell the display to download the current configuration onto the card. Then use this card to import the configuration information into the zone tools. Note that the wireless interfaces "Favorites" are a different tool than the czone configuration tool.
  • The Wireless network interface. While this is a standard module produced by czone, the Airstream version has been customized either in hardware or firmware. This is the module that interfaces to some server somewhere and allows your phone app to work. However, Cody at Airstream has straight up lied to me, claiming that Airstream does not have the access codes (username & password) to access this module. I have an email from him claiming that czone is the only one that has access to the module. This, of course, is pure rubbish and czone, both the headquarters and the US distributers (gemco & wards marine) say that only Airstream has the access to that device. You can upgrade the firmware in this device via USB, but you can't touch the favorites pages with out that access. As a result, if it down't work or you want to make changes to it, you are out of luck. It's basically a boat anchor and your only option is to replace it with a non-customized standard wireless module at a cost nearing $1100.

It's a shame really, because this module would allow you to access all those neat graphical remote pages in the czone off of your regular wifi. but like I've said before, Airstream tech (looking at you Cody) is a bunch of knuckleheads that are working a job that is way over their heads. As a result, your czone isn't nearly as stable and efficient at it's job as it should be.
Old 09-10-2022, 09:12 AM   #55
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
I should also note that you need to be careful when playing around with the favorites. Airstream has some controls (specifically dealing this the awning and vents) that are non-standard items. If you erase it off of the favorites page, it appears that you can't get it back. You can control the individual functions just fine, but the integrated control is gone. I haven't figured out how to save that specialized control so you can use it as a drag-n-drop like all of the others.
Old 09-11-2022, 03:04 PM   #56
Rivet... Rivet...

2022 Interstate 19
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephraim View Post
I should also note that you need to be careful when playing around with the favorites. Airstream has some controls (specifically dealing this the awning and vents) that are non-standard items. If you erase it off of the favorites page, it appears that you can't get it back. You can control the individual functions just fine, but the integrated control is gone. I haven't figured out how to save that specialized control so you can use it as a drag-n-drop like all of the others.
Thanks Ephraim. I appreciate the info and the warning regarding Favorites.

I sure wish I'd known that I could use the iPad for control a few weeks ago when I first got my rig, and was traveling extensively. It's far more responsive and convenient than the CZone Touch 5. I called the Mothership tech support and asked them right after we bought our Interstate, and they told me that such control wasn't possible on the motorhomes, only the trailors. It's frustrating to get misinformation from the builders! Anyway, as soon as turned on "Access Point", the panel told me the password, and once I was on the CZone Wifi, I was able to use the app to control most everything. The app has a generic login which a google search revealed. I'd like to change the login, but haven't found a way to do that yet. However, since a user would have to be on the CZone WiFi in order to get that far, the lack of app security isn't too alarming.

It seems to me it should be fairly safe to make a backup copy of the micro SD card contents, then save a copy of the current settings to the card (which *should* be identical, but one can't be too careful!), make a backup of that, and then start editing, beginning with a very minor change or two. Reading and writing the configurations and favorites are actually options in the Advanced portion of the Touch 5 interface.

Upon further examination, I discovered that the front and rear CZone panels, though mirrored, are independent. I'd been puzzling over what the "extra" wifi network was that I was seeing. My Interstate 19 was displaying 3 separate networks, but I'd only identified and accessed two. I wrongly assumed that there was a single CZone WiFi network. It turns out the the front and rear panels are separate networks with different SSIDs and passwords. While initially confusing, it does provide a nice layer of redundancy. If one panel becomes inoperable, the other may still work, and likewise, WiFi control may work even when the panel itself doesn't.
Old 09-12-2022, 11:11 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
I'm not familiar with the Interstate layouts, but each "touch5" (or 7 or 10) and "Wireless Network Interface" has their own wifi network that can be enabled with favorites loaded on each. While The Whole CZone system will share a common config, each one has it's own "favorites" pages and must be programed individually.

By the way, if you are planning on making many changes, it's worth the expenditure to get a USB-NEMA2000 adaptor. Don't get the CZone version as it is expensive and only works with CZone. I'd recommend the MasterVolt version. It's about 1/2 the cost and does both CZone and MasterVolt. If memory serves me right, I think I paid about $120 from Wards Marine for mine.
Old 09-12-2022, 12:28 PM   #58
Rivet... Rivet...

2022 Interstate 19
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephraim View Post
I'm not familiar with the Interstate layouts, but each "touch5" (or 7 or 10) and "Wireless Network Interface" has their own wifi network that can be enabled with favorites loaded on each. While The Whole CZone system will share a common config, each one has it's own "favorites" pages and must be programed individually.

By the way, if you are planning on making many changes, it's worth the expenditure to get a USB-NEMA2000 adaptor. Don't get the CZone version as it is expensive and only works with CZone. I'd recommend the MasterVolt version. It's about 1/2 the cost and does both CZone and MasterVolt. If memory serves me right, I think I paid about $120 from Wards Marine for mine.
I appreciate the info, Ephraim! The CZone adapter is insanely overpriced, and since I plan to make only minor changes initially, I'll probably stick with the microSD method. However, should I decide to take it further, it's great to know about the alternate adapter.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:49 AM   #59
Rivet... Rivet...

2022 Interstate 19
Portland , Oregon
I finally got around to trying the microSD method. Made a backup of the card contents, opened the configuration into the Editor, made a few changes (modified Sleep Mode, and added a new Cinema mode). I then saved the configuration back to the card and loaded it in via the menu using the front Touch5 panel. Everything worked as expected, and the changes automatically propagated to the rear Touch5 panel.

Next I'm hoping to modify the configuration that the iPad CZone 2 app displays. It's missing quite a few controls, such as All Shades up/down, and it doesn't display any Favorites or Modes. Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 09-25-2022, 01:58 AM   #60
Rivet... Rivet...

2022 Interstate 19
Portland , Oregon
It appears that we are effectively locked out of using the CZone WI Configuration Tool, which seems to be the way to edit the iPad configuration. Unless someone has figured out the login info, and cares to share...