Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2019, 07:03 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Fishing wire cross body...

My wife wants me to put in a Reverse Osmosis system in our new 2019 Classic (30').

The Watts Premier cartridge system fits nicely under the sink, but the 3 gallon storage tank will have to go in the wardrobe.

The plan is to use their booster pump pulling from the normal pumps inlet (since the manual specifically states that the water pump should not be used to feed the RO system. I've done this before when I built an RO system into a Pelican 1600 case. I will pull water from the normal pump inlet and return it to the fill line so it can recycle the tank water. The booster is a high pressure, low volume pump that works for this purpose really well. What it can't do is pull a vacuum. The regular pump has no problem pulling water from the tank so it should prime the inlet where the booster pump can then get it's flow. Water in a 50 gal tank should be able to recycle the RO brine water two or three times without any problem. Also, if the system runs out of water, the booster won't be harmed.

Where I need help is getting two 1/4 water lines and a 12 line from under the wardrobe to under the fridge. I see that there is already a hot and cold line run there. I'm hoping that I could put a loose ring of wire around one of the existing lines and then push a fish tape tied to this loop across and let the water lines guide it across.

Of course, if the water lines are anchored anywhere across there, it won't work. Any ideas?
Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:20 PM   #2
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
There is indeed an underfloor passage that routes below the fridge across to the wardrobe.

Itís a bugger but with wire fishing gear you can do it. Iíve got 50A flexible marine cable running through there for my hybrid inverter output to the panel.
wulfraat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:09 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfraat View Post
There is indeed an underfloor passage that routes below the fridge across to the wardrobe.

It’s a bugger but with wire fishing gear you can do it. I’ve got 50A flexible marine cable running through there for my hybrid inverter output to the panel.
That's awesome forward planning on someone's part. I'll give it a try this next week.

It looks to be a "fun" project. I've fished many a wire through small places in homes, even through walls multistories high and have all the tools. I've never done one laying on my belly stuffed under a fridge in a drawer.

Reminds me of the time I had an MRI laying on my belly with my arms held over my head. The assistants literally had to help me up as I couldn't get up on my own. Hopefully this won't be a repeat.
Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote