First Long Trip in Classic 33
We just finished a week-long trip (9 day total) to Yellowstone and Grand Teton NP with our Classic 33. This was our third time out with this trailer after 4 years with a Flying Cloud 25. Some reflections on a longer trip -
- We love the large bathroom. However, we had to camp for several nights in a campsite that was not very level (and we did use leveling blocks) and had water accumulation to one side of the shower stall. We bought a small squee-gie (sp?) at a local hardware store to use after taking showers to avoid standing water.
- We continue to learn how to use the Alde heating system. The outside temperature was in the 30's at night in Wyoming and if I had the heating system only on electricity the system just couldn't keep up (we keep the inside temp set at 65). However, if I used the propane as well electricity the Alde system kept the trailer at the desired temperature all night long. Once the outside temps went into the mid-40's - this was no longer an issue.
- I was a bit skeptical of the floor covering inside the camper - but after using it for 3 trips with 2 adults and 2 dogs - it is easy to clean and very durable.
- We enjoy watching movies in the evenings - and the projection TV does really well with movie watching (DVD and Blu Ray). The issues with campground cable have been well documented on this forum - so we don't even try connecting the campground cable to the Classic. For relatively short trips - this is not much of an issue but if we did 2 or 3 week trips this would be more of an issue for us. I do wonder if perhaps in the future a system could be included that would work with Dish TV - I am a bit hesitant to start disconnecting things to try and get our Dish TV working but may take this on as a winter project.
- We arrived home, parked the camper in the garage, and the next day I found a bunch of Alde fluid on the ground below the camper (it came out of the over flow tube). I am unsure of what caused this and will need to add some fluid before our next camping trip.
Aside from some small minor items - we are thrilled with the Classic and like the larger size!