Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2018, 12:04 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Bothell , Washington
Firefly version and updates

Is there a running document that shows the version number of the installed firefly program/operating system and the bugs that were addressed in each update?

Also, can you update your firefly system or only accomplished at the AS dealer? If you’re updating, where do you obtain the updates and is there a written procedure?

Dealer told us at delivery that they did not update because everything was working. We’ve found a few minor glitches and wondered if update would address?

Chuck
charlesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Cave Creek , Arizona
Call Firefly Integrations directly 574-825-4600. Their technical support people are great. Have your VIN and your Firefly configurations before you call. You can find the configurations by digging through the Firefly menus - there are two numbers, one for the G6 panel and one PM module
Pete B55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:05 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

​201​9 Atlas​
West Vancouver , British Columbia
In order to upgrade the Firefly code you must swap out the unit with an upgraded one. While doing warranty work in April in JC, our 2018 and another needed code upgrades to solve some issues. Instead of sitting in TerraPort waiting for replacement units to arrive from Firefly, we decided to make the 6 hour round trip drive to Indiana to pick up the parts so we could get going. While there we asked why you couldn’t just upgrade the units with a code download and we were met by blank stares.
ldavids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:51 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
My question in all of this (while waiting for my warranty appointment in July), is: Does the upgrade of the panel and/or software upgrade fix the issues between the components that are fun by the Firefly? We are having issues with the awning and the lights outside, the control of the Alde system from the firefly, and the function of temperature control of the AS via Firefly. I am hoping that the upgrade fixes those issues. What has been people's experience that have upgraded their Firefly panel? Have all your issues been resolved with this move?
ajwbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:59 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Irvine , CA
My Firefly board was replaced by the Airstream OC dealer tech who came out to my trailer; I did not have to tow it to them (yay, but I'm also only 30 minutes away). This fixed the Alde and temperature control issues. HOWEVER, to also fix the temperature control, required a temporary sensor be run from the Alde panel to above my bathroom door since the original was faulty and could not be replaced due to the cable being pinched by the entertainment cabinets. This will be repaired in June when I deliver it to the dealer for a list of other items that need to be replaced or fixed under warranty. Bottom line: It can't be fixed by a download. The board has to be replaced as already stated above.

Have posted my warranty work list on other forums here in the hope of garnering more information on possible other warranty work that other Classic owners have discovered so it can be addressed for the month it spends in the "shop".
Octarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:16 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Cumberland , Maryland
I called Firefly, they sent the new panel and update hardware and helped me through the process to update the GUI to 3.3 version and the Logic Controller to 3.3 version. That process was painless and they were very helpful but it did not fix all the issues. The Heat pumps would not engage at all and they suggested calling AS. Come to find out there is a cable going from the Firefly panel to the G6 panel that was configured incorrectly (by Airstream) so by calling JC they gave me the fix for that and all is well so far. So long story short I think you can still do it yourself.
Airhead2018 is offline   Reply With Quote