Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2020, 10:06 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Damaged LP Tank cover

I brought by trailer into the dealer to have the Alde recall done on it. Sadly, while there, the LP tank cover looks like it got lightly hit by another vehicle. Sadly, the dent has a sharp crease in it and cannot be removed.

Initially, the dealer didn't want to deal with it, but I had rear dash cam footage showing that the damage wan't there when I dropped the trailer off for the repair.

In the end, they bought me a new tank cover, but now I also have this damage one. any ideas on what to do with it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.png
Views:	31
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	374202  
Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 04:17 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Flushing , Michigan
You could offer it within the Classified section on AirForums. There are likely others who could use it as is, especially for refurbishment of an older Airstream.
If I was closer, I’d pursue this for my project.
steve46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 01:45 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Well, that was easy. I called the dealer up to see if they wanted the old one and they did - for the same reason. they might get one that is even more beat up. works for me. I was appalled at how much those covers cost (north of $900 + shipping)
Old 07-29-2020, 10:34 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
I’m surprised they didn’t want to keep it in the first place. Anytime something was damaged of a customers at our restaurant and we had to replace it, we always turned around and kept the item.

Replace a high end designer purse because iced tea was spilled in it. Turned around and sold the purse gently used for slightly less than a new one.

Worked out fine for us that time.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:21 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
I think it was "circumstances". they originally had me drop the trailer off in their front parking lot. I doubt that they actually damaged the trailer. I think it was more likely someone in the parking lot before they moved it to the work/storage area.

Initially, they didn't want to take ownership because they probably were not the ones to damage it. but as it happened while it was in their care I was firm that they take responsibility for it. They initially refused and I was upset.

They decided to buy me a new cover and had it shipped direct to me. I assume that had it been shipped to them, they would have kept the old one. Since I was already angry over it, they probably decided to not ask me to bring the old one in. It was the right thing to do though. When I called them, they didn't hesitate.
Old 07-31-2020, 03:12 PM   #6
Airstream Trippin

2020 33' Classic
Livingston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephraim View Post
I brought by trailer into the dealer to have the Alde recall done on it. Sadly, while there, the LP tank cover looks like it got lightly hit by another vehicle. Sadly, the dent has a sharp crease in it and cannot be removed.

Initially, the dealer didn't want to deal with it, but I had rear dash cam footage showing that the damage wan't there when I dropped the trailer off for the repair.

In the end, they bought me a new tank cover, but now I also have this damage one. any ideas on what to do with it?

Call a dent removal company and let the rub that dent out.
Gigler is offline   Reply With Quote