Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-29-2023, 10:52 PM   #1
Fata Morgana
 
tusocks's Avatar
 
2023 30' Classic
2023 27' Globetrotter
2018 26' Flying Cloud
Zeeland , Michigan
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 44
Blog Entries: 3
CZone unreliability issues

We are about to take delivery of a new 2023 Classic 30’ twin. I am getting nervous and “cold feet” hearing about all of the failures and especially the ongoing reliability issues with the CZone, including problems trying to even being able to diagnose the problem causing recurrent breakdowns in the first place. Some owners report spending a number of months, including up to a year, in trying to track down the issue.
I’m curious just how common of a problem the CZone seems to be, because not many Classic owners are responding to these rather frequent posts stating that they have never had any issues with the CZone. I realize these forums seem to attract negative responses more frequently than positive, but it would be reassuring to hear more of the owners responding in the affirmative.
Thanks to anyone responding regarding their feelings, either way, concerning the CZone and if any prospective Airstream purchasers have turned down going with a Classic just because of this high-tech item that is certainly not a necessity as such.
Thanks much-
Mark
tusocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 05:38 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
 
2020 30' Classic
Holyoke , Massachusetts
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 61
We have a 2020 Classic 30 and have not have any issues with the Czone.
hsgsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 12:18 PM   #3
Fata Morgana
 
tusocks's Avatar
 
2023 30' Classic
2023 27' Globetrotter
2018 26' Flying Cloud
Zeeland , Michigan
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 44
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsgsports View Post
We have a 2020 Classic 30 and have not have any issues with the Czone.


Sure appreciate your response. I think the majority of classic owners have had a similar experience as you and I need to no longer focus on what could go wrong since it seems most likely to be the exception.
tusocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 12:38 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
DewTheDew's Avatar
 
2020 30' Classic
Frederick , Maryland
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by tusocks View Post
Sure appreciate your response. I think the majority of classic owners have had a similar experience as you and I need to no longer focus on what could go wrong since it seems most likely to be the exception.
We have a 2020 Classic 30 for just under a year and have not had any CZone issues.

I do wish it were more flexible, however (programming). For instance, I do not think it is easy to change the alarm pressure on the tires. So last winter my tire pressure dropped below what the CZone wanted while sitting in the camping spot when the temperature dropped. It kept giving me an alarm over and over. Nothing say "I got this" or "reset tire pressure alarm to XX psi". Also, I know that people program different items on/off in different modes (Cinema mode, for instance), but while I would like to do this it sounds overly complicated.
DewTheDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 01:28 PM   #5
Fata Morgana
 
tusocks's Avatar
 
2023 30' Classic
2023 27' Globetrotter
2018 26' Flying Cloud
Zeeland , Michigan
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 44
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewTheDew View Post
We have a 2020 Classic 30 for just under a year and have not had any CZone issues.



I do wish it were more flexible, however (programming). For instance, I do not think it is easy to change the alarm pressure on the tires. So last winter my tire pressure dropped below what the CZone wanted while sitting in the camping spot when the temperature dropped. It kept giving me an alarm over and over. Nothing say "I got this" or "reset tire pressure alarm to XX psi". Also, I know that people program different items on/off in different modes (Cinema mode, for instance), but while I would like to do this it sounds overly complicated.


This is most likely a coincidence but it is most interesting that all 4 of the classic owners reporting problems with their CZone in the recent thread “When your CZone fails completely” involved the 33’ models only. I don’t know the exact ratio of the number of 30’ to 33’ Classic models manufactured but I would not expect it to be 4 to 1.
Mark
tusocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 03:16 PM   #6
Freedom
 
KCurtis's Avatar
 
2023 30' Classic
Dallas , TX
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 599
Images: 2
Blog Entries: 1
Piked up our 2023 30 Foot Classic on November 10, 2022. We’ve been all across the country in it since then with zero issues with our CZone. We had other issues that were fixed at the factory service center last month. The only issue outstanding now is our door isn’t square. Matter of fact it is way off. The screen door doesn’t line up enough to cover the opening. I am still waiting on the corporate rep that took pictures of my door to decide what they are going to do about it.
__________________
-------------------------------------------
2023 30 Foot Classic
2022 Ram 3500 Dually
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 09:07 PM   #7
Fata Morgana
 
tusocks's Avatar
 
2023 30' Classic
2023 27' Globetrotter
2018 26' Flying Cloud
Zeeland , Michigan
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 44
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCurtis View Post
Piked up our 2023 30 Foot Classic on November 10, 2022. We’ve been all across the country in it since then with zero issues with our CZone. We had other issues that were fixed at the factory service center last month. The only issue outstanding now is our door isn’t square. Matter of fact it is way off. The screen door doesn’t line up enough to cover the opening. I am still waiting on the corporate rep that took pictures of my door to decide what they are going to do about it.

KCurtis-
Appreciate your response!!!
Sorry to hear about your screen-door. We recently had a 2023 27’ Globetrotter that we just sold in order to get our 2023 Classic which came off the line just last week. The Globetrotter had the same issue with the screen-door as yours does but they were able to fix it there at the factory several months ago.
I’m sure glad that our TVs come off the line with better quality control that our Airstreams, but apparently this seems to be industry wide to a large extent.
Would appreciate knowing what the factory finally does to correct your screen-door issue. We haven’t received our Classic yet, but you can be sure that I will be looking at the door fit very closely.
Mark
tusocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 08:08 AM   #8
Freedom
 
KCurtis's Avatar
 
2023 30' Classic
Dallas , TX
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 599
Images: 2
Blog Entries: 1
Our tech at the mothership said they have been trying to get the factory to check that their equipment it that bend the frame for the door more often. Apparently, it slowly gets out of alignment as they use it. He said they are seeing more doors that’s are not square lately since they opened the new factory. They tried their best to realign mine. But after my trip back home it went right back to where it was before. As I told the tech, you can’t fix a frame that is not square.
__________________
-------------------------------------------
2023 30 Foot Classic
2022 Ram 3500 Dually
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 01:52 PM   #9
Fata Morgana
 
tusocks's Avatar
 
2023 30' Classic
2023 27' Globetrotter
2018 26' Flying Cloud
Zeeland , Michigan
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 44
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCurtis View Post
Our tech at the mothership said they have been trying to get the factory to check that their equipment it that bend the frame for the door more often. Apparently, it slowly gets out of alignment as they use it. He said they are seeing more doors that’s are not square lately since they opened the new factory. They tried their best to realign mine. But after my trip back home it went right back to where it was before. As I told the tech, you can’t fix a frame that is not square.


That sounds really incredible! Have they offered you any financial consideration in view of such?
Mark
tusocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 06:22 PM   #10
Freedom
 
KCurtis's Avatar
 
2023 30' Classic
Dallas , TX
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 599
Images: 2
Blog Entries: 1
Nothing so far.
__________________
-------------------------------------------
2023 30 Foot Classic
2022 Ram 3500 Dually
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 12:25 PM   #11
Rollin easy
 
arf53's Avatar

 
2019 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2
Angry CZONE Problems

Mark,

Thanks for your post!

I've had CZone problems from "day one". We have a 2019 Classic 30. We purchased it new in March of 2019.
The two reoccurring issues: 1. CZone goes in a "shutdown" mode where panel lights begin flashing rapidly and the interface panel no longer contains data in the various data fields( tank levels, AC control, etc ). I have to reset the system using the Battery disconnect. Multiple phone calls to Tech Support have yielded no resolution. 2. Control of one or both AC's will cease. The AC's will run until they reach setpoint, cycle off, as expected, but will never cycle back on. Again, multiple phone calls to Tech Support has not resolved the issue.

I have, thus far, not been able to relate these problems to any event or situation. I do not want to leave the trailer with local AS dealer due to the intermittent nature of the failure mode(s) - I use the trailer much too often to have it tied up for weeks while they wait for the problems to occur. It looks like I will have to take a trip to Jackson Center to have a reasonable chance of resolving these problems.

Bottom line: I'm less than impressed with the CZone product ( or AS integration of the product - it's hard to tell ).
__________________
Allen Faulk

2019 Classic 30
2017 F250, 6.2l
arf53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 03:54 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member
 
twbucksr's Avatar
 
2015 22' FB Sport
2018 27' Flying Cloud
2021 30RB Classic
Currently Looking...
Fredericksburg , Texas
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 306
We picked up our 2023 30’ Classic a couple of weeks ago.

The only CZONE issue we’ve experienced is related to the TPMS. Factory set the tires and the TPMS at 90 psi. I deflated the tires to 70 psi before driving it off the dealers lot. I turned off the TST TPMS for the trip home. After not finding a YouTube video to change the TST pressures, I contacted Airstream tech support for help reprogramming the TST and syncing the new pressure with the CZONE.

I was sent some very easy step by step instructions to change the pressure settings in the TST and also how to sync it with the CZONE.

HOWEVER, I still get low tire pressure alarms on the CZONE.

Having worked for a couple of HVAC equipment manufacturers, I understand why Airstream wants to store alarms to help them diagnose an issue.

Not allowing tire pressure alarms to be cleared is an issue that needs to be addressed.
twbucksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 09:06 PM   #13
Fata Morgana
 
tusocks's Avatar
 
2023 30' Classic
2023 27' Globetrotter
2018 26' Flying Cloud
Zeeland , Michigan
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 44
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arf53 View Post
Mark,



Thanks for your post!



I've had CZone problems from "day one". We have a 2019 Classic 30. We purchased it new in March of 2019.

The two reoccurring issues: 1. CZone goes in a "shutdown" mode where panel lights begin flashing rapidly and the interface panel no longer contains data in the various data fields( tank levels, AC control, etc ). I have to reset the system using the Battery disconnect. Multiple phone calls to Tech Support have yielded no resolution. 2. Control of one or both AC's will cease. The AC's will run until they reach setpoint, cycle off, as expected, but will never cycle back on. Again, multiple phone calls to Tech Support has not resolved the issue.



I have, thus far, not been able to relate these problems to any event or situation. I do not want to leave the trailer with local AS dealer due to the intermittent nature of the failure mode(s) - I use the trailer much too often to have it tied up for weeks while they wait for the problems to occur. It looks like I will have to take a trip to Jackson Center to have a reasonable chance of resolving these problems.



Bottom line: I'm less than impressed with the CZone product ( or AS integration of the product - it's hard to tell ).


Thank you very much for your reply.
I am keeping my fingers crossed as we are picking up our 2023 30RBT tomorrow.
This will be our fourth Airstream we have owned since 1999 and I have found over all those years that Jackson Center by far & away does the most thorough, knowledgeable & dependable work. Plus, they have always been very friendly and sociable and we always have been treated extremely well.
We have essentially had all of our work done there on our past models except for the very simple & easily adjustable items.
Best of luck in the future-
Mark/Jeannie
tusocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 09:14 PM   #14
Fata Morgana
 
tusocks's Avatar
 
2023 30' Classic
2023 27' Globetrotter
2018 26' Flying Cloud
Zeeland , Michigan
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 44
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twbucksr View Post
We picked up our 2023 30’ Classic a couple of weeks ago.

The only CZONE issue we’ve experienced is related to the TPMS. Factory set the tires and the TPMS at 90 psi. I deflated the tires to 70 psi before driving it off the dealers lot. I turned off the TST TPMS for the trip home. After not finding a YouTube video to change the TST pressures, I contacted Airstream tech support for help reprogramming the TST and syncing the new pressure with the CZONE.

I was sent some very easy step by step instructions to change the pressure settings in the TST and also how to sync it with the CZONE.

HOWEVER, I still get low tire pressure alarms on the CZONE.

Having worked for a couple of HVAC equipment manufacturers, I understand why Airstream wants to store alarms to help them diagnose an issue.

Not allowing tire pressure alarms to be cleared is an issue that needs to be addressed.


Appreciate your spending the time and replying.
It almost seems like it’s the luck of the draw as to which owners are going to have issues & which owners are not.
Some of that I think relates back to the owners not being able to receive enough (or even the correct) information regarding the CZone and Aldie systems. There is no mention in the Airstream owners manual regarding the systems WHATSOEVER and I can’t even find out where I can get an online copy. Please let me know if you were able to download owners manuals for the CZone and Aldie systems.
Thanks-
Mark/Jeannie
tusocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 02:53 PM   #15
New Member
 
2023 33' Classic
Scottsdale , Arizona
Join Date: Aug 2023
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCurtis View Post
Our tech at the mothership said they have been trying to get the factory to check that their equipment it that bend the frame for the door more often. Apparently, it slowly gets out of alignment as they use it. He said they are seeing more doors that’s are not square lately since they opened the new factory. They tried their best to realign mine. But after my trip back home it went right back to where it was before. As I told the tech, you can’t fix a frame that is not square.
We are going to Jackson Center on Monday morning for an appointment about our door that is not square. In addition to Czone problems and many, many, many other problems on our 3 month old 2023 Classic 33'. We tried not to accept delivery when we saw the door and the dealership was very difficult to work with and made us sound like we were crazy and there was nothing wrong. This being our first Airstream we thought maybe they are right. There were problems from our first night in the Airstream. No hot water, things breaking, cabinets falling out of the wall, several electrical issues and so on. After arguing back and forth I was able to get an appointment at the Mothership. We sold everything and are full time living in this. I already regret buying an Airstream, we should have went with another brand. We went this direction because of their long standing reputation of quality. That does not seem to be the case anymore. I am beyond frustrated. I hope the "Mothership" makes things right and repairs everything. We have already paid an external Airstream person for electrical work done in Sacramento because our electricity shut down repeatedly and we were in over 100 degree weather. We were desperate. My next avenue is to reach out to Youtubers to get the word out with my experience thus far. First we will see what Jackson Center is able to resolve. I hope they change my mind.
SDWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CZone app skiphoyt Sprinter and B-van Forum 23 10-09-2022 06:19 PM
CZONE Display Reset? PaulR-GA 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths) 18 08-06-2020 08:10 AM
CZone panel issues Roadtoaster Electronics & Connectivity 0 07-23-2019 06:08 AM
CZone and Multiplex Interfaces In General Re-Pete 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths) 10 05-26-2019 09:11 AM
Regarding Multiplex Interface Systems such as CZone, etc. Re-Pete Electronics & Connectivity 0 04-16-2019 10:53 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.