Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2021, 01:49 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
City , West Virginia
CZone issue

I jinxed myself. I spoke to @DeltaRon Monday afternoon and told him the “luck” I’ve had the past six months with my ‘21 Classic 33. No issues.

Leave campground and drive 90 mins home - all kinds of alerts as soon as I hit storage & plugged in.

Anyone ever have a CZone Contact 6 error?

I got to storage and plugged into 50amp. I noticed all the buttons for lights & awning were flashing. I went to CZone panel and saw alert icon. Below is what I found.

I know I have power from the storage. Two green lights on surge protector. I open panel and checked all wires going into contact 6 box. I took CZone panel off and unplugged all the wires - waited 30 secs and replugged - that rebooted panel.

I called AS Tech Support who had me do those things again. Then said - “call Southland”. Did that and they are at two month back up.

Anyone else have any ideas I can try?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0696.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	668.3 KB
ID:	396634  
AnnaBelle33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 03:54 PM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Best guess, you had a wiring harness connector fall off of one of the modules. Simple fix is to simply check them all.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 04:30 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
City , West Virginia
Thanks for the reply. I checked everything on the contact 6 and the CZone box under the garment closet. Where else would make sense to check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

Best guess, you had a wiring harness connector fall off of one of the modules. Simple fix is to simply check them all.

Bob
Old 06-02-2021, 08:08 AM   #4
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Each of those cables goes to someplace ( this or that device ... ). There may be intermediate connectors in the harness. I don't have a 33 so I can't really point you to where they actually are. The only guess would be "behind something ... )

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 08:21 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
I've had this exact same error in our 2019 30RB Classic. It was indeed a connector that had come loose. On ours, the offending cable was in the harness right behind the COI under the wardrobe. Simply reattaching the connector solved the problem. Afterwards, I found all of the connectors and found two more that were a potential problem.

The connectors generally won't come apart when properly tightened (finger tight) but they put them together so quickly when building these, there are bound to be occasional ones that are like this. The vibration will cause the connector to vibrate loose if they haven't been tightened properly.

think of it as a fun adventure to explore the hidden recesses of your cabinetry to find all of those connections :-) Airstream certainly can put them in places I wouldn't have expected.
Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 08:49 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
I had a similar error and Ephram's suggestion is a good one. I found that even though the power connector to the CZone switch was tight, I loosened them and retightened them and it solved my problem.

The switch is the box that has all the blinky lights. Try the two connectors that feed the power to the switch.

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:32 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
City , West Virginia
Thanks - I’ll go back up and try to find the one that came off. We did hit some rough road spots up on 515 in north GA.
Old 06-12-2021, 08:13 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
City , West Virginia
While troubleshooting my CZone issue today, I came across a large 30amp breaker out where the battery is. Can someone please tell me what that is for? The very first alarm notification I got before my CZone COI & Contact 6 alarms was battery disconnected. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0715.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	416.6 KB
ID:	397294   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0714.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	750.1 KB
ID:	397295  

Old 06-12-2021, 08:20 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Daytona Beach , Florida
Jack fuse
nitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 08:22 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
City , West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzo View Post
Jack fuse

Thank you!!!
Old 08-13-2022, 04:55 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
DESERT HOT SPRINGS , California
Thanks!

We just encountered same situation and we re-did the connections and re-screwed in the wires on those CZONE boxes beneath the wardrobe and we believe the problem is fixed now.

We recently had the factory install a new 12V fridge and between that and bumpy roads, we think connections came loose.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing a solution!!
tymcknobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 09:41 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
DESERT HOT SPRINGS , California
CZONE intermittent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcknobel View Post
We just encountered same situation and we re-did the connections and re-screwed in the wires on those CZONE boxes beneath the wardrobe and we believe the problem is fixed now.

We recently had the factory install a new 12V fridge and between that and bumpy roads, we think connections came loose.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing a solution!!
Spoke too soon. CZONE is operating intermittently which makes us think it's more of a software issue. In fact, after finally resetting it, things ran ok, then CZONE hiccupped and lost controls but some things like lights and fan continued to operate while blue panel lights flashed. Then it stopped flashing, controls worked for about 1/2 hour, then flashing blue lights happened again.

This all after my husband rechecked and reconnected the wires. He also tried to rearrange cables since all these cables so tightly run to devices, there's no slack for movement.

Monday calling mothership where supposedly Corey can access CZONE remotely. At this point we need to replace this unit, perhaps. I WISH we could manually override CZONE for fans and Air conditioning, water pump, and other controls when CZONE fails. Seems like a common issue.
tymcknobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:49 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Miami , Florida
Czone switches not working

I just had an issue with the czone switches after a 3 week trip. It happened on the last day before arriving home. We entered the AT and the entry switch did not work. Nor did the bedroom switch, bedroom wall switch, or the air conditioners. Emailed back and forth with Airstream tech support. Then checked the threads and found out about loose connections. Found a multi connection under the lounge drawer and one under the convection microwave. Several were loose. Tightened everything. The entry switch and bedroom switch began to work and the air conditioners. But not the bedroom wall switch. Figured that was good enough for now. Then the entry switch began to blink. 3 blinks and a pause. Over and over. Now it is one blink and a pause over and over. Not sure what to do now.
Dog House is offline   Reply With Quote