Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-02-2021, 09:23 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Vero Beach , Florida
CZONE Alarm "Device Missing - MBI Dometic Interface"

Got this alarm on the CZONE controller after a bouncy trip to new campground. Expecting a loose connection, but where?
"Device Missing - MBI Dometic Interface"
Everything in trailer seems to be working.
Only Dometic device I know of is the fridge. Don't understand how that could tie into CZONE. Anything else?
WorkBGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 07:19 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2022 33' Classic
2019 33' Classic
2017 27' Tommy Bahama
Scottsdale , Arizona
A/C is commonly domestic. It’s likely A/C as I’m not aware that the fridge is tied into the C-Zone but the AC certainly is. C-zones documentation appears to confirm this.

https://czoneonline.com/blogs/czone-...are-release-10
trepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 07:58 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Yes, the olny Dometic device that talks to the Czone is the A/C. You'll have to open it up and make sure that all the wires are secure in their respective places on the control board.
Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 04:42 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Vero Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepine View Post
A/C is commonly domestic. It’s likely A/C as I’m not aware that the fridge is tied into the C-Zone but the AC certainly is. C-zones documentation appears to confirm this.

https://czoneonline.com/blogs/czone-...are-release-10
Thanks!
I forgot about the AC. Haven’t used it because of the cool weather last two days but I’ll check this out.
Not sure where to look. The one connector behind the czone control interface is ok.
Old 08-03-2021, 04:45 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Vero Beach , Florida
You are correct. Can’t control either AC unit. Where should I look? Traveling so can’t get on roof yet unless I can borrow a ladder.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:40 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Before you do all that, check the Czone control box (switch) below your clothes closet (next to the shower) for loose wires. Both of my power wires were tight, I loosened them and re-tightened them. I did not experience the problem you were having, but it solved my problem. Maybe just removing one power terminal on the cZone switch can help reset it. Shut down the Czone and trailer through the disconnect switch first. That can also reset the Czone. I get the message that my battery is low and it reports 11.8 v. I have solar and Battleborn batteries and I just hit the disconnect switch and reset the Czone. Clears the error.

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 11:19 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Vero Beach , Florida
Thanks for the help. Found the issue.
Even though I was under the wardrobe cabinet twice I didn’t notice the MBI until JC told me where to look. It’s on the side wall above the COI module.
The connector is easy to see behind the COI module on the left.
Can see the issue. The connector fits with a screw down sleeve on the cable AND the connector end. If you tighten one the other will just spin. All three cables were loose somewhat. [ATTACH]400961Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8968.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	311.4 KB
ID:	400962
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8967.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	398.4 KB
ID:	400961