Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-17-2020, 08:35 PM   #1
DCS

2020 30' Classic
Grapeland , Texas
Czone air conditioning not working

Out for our first trip in 2020 30 ft classic. We are on shore Power 50 amp.And no air conditioning. Air conditioning mode button will not work.
When we turn the air conditioning to the off positionIt stays off for a few seconds and seem to turn back on. This is on both units. Also we can not get the galley lights to turn off except when the battery disconnect switch is on the off position. Also all the breakers are on no red lights any where under the closet. We are in Tx and it is hot. Please help
DCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:06 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Holyoke , Massachusetts
Hello DCS

I have a 2020 Classic and using the AC controls on the Czone first time is a little confusing. Now that I understand how it works I'm OK. Please note that I have the smaller Czone display whereas brand new ones from the factory have a slightly larger display.

When I turn the AC on, I go to the Climate menu on the Czone. That shows my Front AC, Rear AC, and Fan menus*Let's say I want to turn the Front AC on: click the Front AC button, this brings up the options. One thing I noticed is that when I turn the power on, it defaults to the "Heat"mode. I have to quickly hit Heat mode and change it to "Cool". Then I set the temperature using the up or down arrow buttons. Lastly, I turn the speed to auto. First time I used, I didn't change to auto and the fan for the AC ran continuously.

I hope your issue is just understanding the interface. If not, I would suggest calling your dealer or Airstream customer support at 877-596-6111 then option 1 for technical support.
hsgsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:16 AM   #3
DCS

2020 30' Classic
Grapeland , Texas
Unfortunately no menu shows up when we try that option. We called the dealer and they were unable to troubleshoot the problem. Will call customer support this am. I think we have electrical problems as we are unable to turn off the galley lights except by turning off the battery.
Thank you for responding
Old 06-18-2020, 07:54 AM   #4
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCS View Post
Out for our first trip in 2020 30 ft classic. We are on shore Power 50 amp.And no air conditioning. Air conditioning mode button will not work.
When we turn the air conditioning to the off positionIt stays off for a few seconds and seem to turn back on. This is on both units. Also we can not get the galley lights to turn off except when the battery disconnect switch is on the off position. Also all the breakers are on no red lights any where under the closet. We are in Tx and it is hot. Please help
Hi DCS,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issues you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can learn more and share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customersupport@airstream.com

Thank you.*
Old 06-18-2020, 08:46 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
DALLAS , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
Hi DCS,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issues you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can learn more and share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customersupport@airstream.com

Thank you.*
Unfortunately when you call customer service they will tell you to go to a dealer.
Phantom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:29 PM   #6
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
Can you attach screenshots of what you are seeing? Have you checked the AC circuit breakers? Have you tried running the system from the App? Turned off the CZONE system and restarted it?
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:34 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Worst case, do you guys have an override switch somewhere? We have master switches in ours with firefly that if firefly stops working we can still manually control the AC

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:56 PM   #8
DCS

2020 30' Classic
Grapeland , Texas
Thank you all for the help. They do not put the override switches on the 2020.
We dropped it off at the dealer so will what they find.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:29 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
DALLAS , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCS View Post
Thank you all for the help. They do not put the override switches on the 2020.
We dropped it off at the dealer so will what they find.
What did the dealer find?
Phantom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:18 AM   #10
DCS

2020 30' Classic
Grapeland , Texas
They found a loose wire. It works so well now that we could us a coat in 90 plus weather in Texas. We never would have found it on our own.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:58 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
2020 30' Classic
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Merritt Island , Florida
Question 2020 Classic 30 Czone air conditioner control backup

We have had a Czone failure of one sort or the other on our last 7 trips. While we have a fully functioning system now due to great tech support from Jackson Center, we have occasionally had to operate the air conditioners from the iPhone Smart app.

Jackson Center says that there is no way to add a manual thermostat (backup) to the Czone a/c control. This has been verified by an Airstream tech. Dometic can not answer the question of how to add a manual thermostat. Does anyone know how I can put at least one of the a/c's on a conventional thermostat? So far, the only suggestion has been to replace the entire a/c with a new unit with conventional controls. ??? Any help appreciated.
Dsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 07:26 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
2020 30' Classic
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Merritt Island , Florida
Followup - 2020 Classic - Czone continues to be problematic and customer service now sends me to the dealer and they have no trained techs, documentation or parts. During a recent Florida rally, I learned about the MicroAir EasyTouch thermostats. With the able assistance of a MicroAir consultant who was formerly an electrical engineer for Dometic, we were able the disconnect the front a/c from the Czone and operate independent of the Airstream Smart control. Since this works well, I will be adding a second EasyTouch.
I was able to reboot the system and have it work long enough the put the system in the “away” mode. Then I removed the 12vdc power from the Czone control display (Touch 7) to end the blinking/beeping screen. I now run on the COI alone. I have also added some light switches and some battery lights.
If anyone knows where/who can repair this system, please advise.
Dsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:25 PM   #13
Freedom

2023 30' Classic
Dallas , TX
Quote:
Unfortunately when you call customer service they will tell you to go to a dealer.
That is exactly what they told me when I tried to call based on one of my issues. Therefore, I just ignore these official post by Airstream on this forum.
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 09:27 PM   #14

2020 33' Classic
Gunnison , Colorado
C ZONE AC thermostat issues

I’m having a related issue in our 2020 33 Classic. Periodically when I turn on the AC Units both of them will cool to the selected temperature, turn off and then one unit (random) will not come back on again unless I turn it off and restart it manually on the C Zone interface. I took it to a dealer while still under warranty and they told me it was functioning as it should. It still has this issue basically anytime we use it. This is really a concern especially when it’s hot and we need to leave our pup for a few hours while going out. Anybody have any ideas?
Kenny79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 11:02 AM   #15
Rollin easy

2019 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny79 View Post
I’m having a related issue in our 2020 33 Classic. Periodically when I turn on the AC Units both of them will cool to the selected temperature, turn off and then one unit (random) will not come back on again unless I turn it off and restart it manually on the C Zone interface. I took it to a dealer while still under warranty and they told me it was functioning as it should. It still has this issue basically anytime we use it. This is really a concern especially when it’s hot and we need to leave our pup for a few hours while going out. Anybody have any ideas?

Following: I have this same problem, Kenny79. I’ve been dealing with it for several months.

2019 Classic 30
2017 F250, 6.2l
arf53 is offline   Reply With Quote