Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2018, 02:24 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Pleasant Garden , North Carolina
Classic "goodie box"

I was watching a youtube walk around video of the 2019 Classic when the guy doing the video opened a closet and made mention of the box of goodies that you get with a Classic. I know you get sheets, pillows and Zip Dee chairs but what else comes with it?
jlandreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Ivins , Utah
Classic "goodie box"

As I recall, the box contained a few tools useful in emergency situations, such as manual retract tools for the awning, stabilizers, and tongue jack. Also a slinky, fresh water hose, 30 A dogbone, and 110v tester.
steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:09 AM   #3
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Ditto what Steverino posted. In 2 years I don’t recall using a single item they provided.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:20 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
The assumption a Goodie Box is filled with goodies and bling is incorrect.
The Goodie box contains things like the polarity checker, sewer adapter, emergency kit for the power Zip Dee awning, and remotes for the television and DVD player. It's goodies for the trailer, not goodies for you.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:42 PM   #5
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Keep in mind that AS supplies *some* goodies with the Classic (chairs, awning tools, TV remotes ...). There are also a pile of goodies that a typical dealer will toss in ( sewer hose, toilet paper, winterizing kit .... who knows). What shows up in "your" kit will vary a bit depending on just what dealer you buy from. Even with a very generous dealer, none of it is a big deal. If it all adds up to $100, I'd be amazed ....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:40 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I didn't think I got anything until one day I saw a cardboard box in the closet and found the stabilizer crank, the tongue jack wrench, and a little extra stuff.
It varies by dealer, I didn't get a sewer hose or a water hose.
I wouldn't have liked theirs anyway.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #7
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
I didn't think I got anything until one day I saw a cardboard box in the closet and found the stabilizer crank, the tongue jack wrench, and a little extra stuff.
It varies by dealer, I didn't get a sewer hose or a water hose.
I wouldn't have liked theirs anyway.
Hi

That's sort of the point. They are going to pick some item and it may or may not be anything that appeals to you.

At least for us, going through the various items was part of the post delivery walk through and "inspection".

Bob
Old 11-13-2018, 03:06 PM   #8
meandher

2019 30' Classic
Miami , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

Keep in mind that AS supplies *some* goodies with the Classic (chairs, awning tools, TV remotes ...). There are also a pile of goodies that a typical dealer will toss in ( sewer hose, toilet paper, winterizing kit .... who knows). What shows up in "your" kit will vary a bit depending on just what dealer you buy from. Even with a very generous dealer, none of it is a big deal. If it all adds up to $100, I'd be amazed ....

Bob
so Bob what do you suggest I buy before I pick up my new unit I plan to stay at a Koa within 20 miles from my dealer in between JC and Columbus, necessities like wheel chucks what did you take
2 question what is your opinion on the Andersen sway control and weight distribution
I am aware he did an a hole thing but he has been remorseful
docv
Docv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:48 AM   #9
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docv View Post
so Bob what do you suggest I buy before I pick up my new unit I plan to stay at a Koa within 20 miles from my dealer in between JC and Columbus, necessities like wheel chucks what did you take
2 question what is your opinion on the Andersen sway control and weight distribution
I am aware he did an a hole thing but he has been remorseful
docv
Hi

As far as the stuff like chocks and hoses, either call the dealer and see what they toss in or wait and see what's there. You will need a water hose and a sewer hose. Some sort of leveling setup and chocks will have to be part of the initial setup. A starter inventory of RV toilet paper and enzyme packs also would be on the short list of items.

The bigger question is how to equip the inside of the trailer for living. That gets very individual specific. There are *lots* of threads going into various options.

One example: Are you ok with paper plates and plastic forks? Either you need a inventory of disposables or of washables. Pots and pans depend a lot on your cooking style (we went a bit nuts ...). It goes on and on ...

Are you a beer drinker or is wine the beverage of choice ... storage of either one can be an issue. The size of the inventory also drives what you do.

Do you plan on drinking the campground water or using bottled water? How about a water filter pitcher?

I'd suggest that the first campsite needs to be near a good size shopping center. A Target and a Bed Bath and Beyond are likely places to be visiting at least once. For us it was multiple trips.

===

Hitches are a very emotional issue on the forum. People hold strong opinions. I don't have any direct experience with the Anderson setup. It also does not seem to get a lot of love around here. I run something else (Equalizer), it also does not get a lot of love. It works ok for me.

No matter what you do, both weight distribution *and* sway control must be part of the lash up. Don't kid yourself that it's a one or the other thing. No matter what you get, it needs to be installed and set up properly. Research whatever you go with and understand how it gets adjusted.

====

Tools !!!

Ok, so now you understand how to adjust the hitch. Do you have the honking big wrenches to handle those bolts? How about a torque wrench that goes to .... yikes !!! ... how about a 3' extension for that wrench handle?

You also need a torque wrench and the proper socket (and about a 3" extension) to do the lug bolts on the trailer wheels. Check the manual to see just how much torque they need.

Some sort of basic tool kit (screwdrivers, pliers, multimeter, tape, hammer) eill be part of the mix as well. Eventually that will expand to include rivets, rivet guns and other fairly unique items.

Also near the tool kit one might keep a store of bandaids. Lots of sharp edges on various parts of the trailer

Bob
Old 11-16-2018, 03:43 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Yeah, what he said!

For the china, we went with plastic or silicone as things break. Good luck!

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:43 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docv View Post
<<snip>> question what is your opinion on the Andersen sway control and weight distribution <<snip>>
There are several threads in the forum that talk about several issues, both positive and negative. You can use the search function to find them.

What I remember:
Based on what I read, an Anderson hitch would not be my choice for a trailer 25' or larger. For smaller trailers it might work fine.
There have been reports of inadequate weight transfer on larger/longer trailers.
There have been reports of the compressible plastic spring deforming or tearing.

If you are towing with a heavy tow vehicle that has excess towing and load carrying capacity, so that load transfer is not so important, the Anderson might be ok on your 30' trailer. But, I would not make that choice myself.