Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2018, 10:30 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2003 19' Bambi
Gladewater , Texas
Classic Full-timers Winter Condensation??

We currently have a 25'FC RB Twin and have spent several months during the winter in cold/cool but humid locales,,,Texas,,and with 2 adults and 2 large dogs we get quite a bit of window condensation to mop up every AM. This is in spite of dehumidifier and venting windows, vents, etc. This doesn't work very well when it is raining or drizzle/fog,,,so,,,,does the Classic work any better with Alde vents ??? Or is the fabric on walls and around the windows prone to dampness and then prone to mold ??? The all metal walls of the FC are easy to wipe down. We are thinking of upgrading to Classic for more full-time, but don't want to trade one hassle for a worse hassle. I know that ASs are not really designed for full-timing, but thought Classic was closer than any other model,,,thanks for your thoughts and experiences !!!!! DrumDoc
drumdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:31 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Lorton , Virginia
I've done two winters now full-timing in D.C. and have had nary a condensation problem. Granted it would "only" get down to about 10 F here at the worst of times. I use all-electric heat in my 2016 Classic. Not sure if that helps out versus propane. You'd have to ask the Alde trailer guys how their holds up in winter.
Zybane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:13 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2003 19' Bambi
Gladewater , Texas
Thanks for feedback Zybane,,when you say all electric does that mean you do not use the Alde system ?? I know that when we use propane for the furnace we see more condensation, and I understand that and why,,I was interested in the vent system in the Classic (maybe with the Alde system only) around the windows etc.,and whether this aided in preventing dripping windows ??? Thanks,, Drumdoc
drumdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:38 PM   #4
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Two people and three dogs in a 2017 30' Classic running the Alde system in late fall / early winter camping - you get a good deal of water running down the windows each morning. It puddles at the bottom of the windows. Pop the windows open and mop them off each morning. That keeps the humidity low enough that there is no condensation on the walls.

Not a full answer to your question. That's what we found last year.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote