RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-11-2017, 08:30 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' Classic
Fayetteville , North Carolina
Classic 33ft

I know the new 33ft classic is starting to come off the line at Jackson Center. If you have seen one or bought one or have taken delivery can you post pics and comments about it. So many new items was wondering if they have done better quality control on all the new options or are the new owners going to root out the problems with it.
Lets travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
33’ Classic

Wow, what an awesome trailer!

We are at JC and have been since Monday and I / we have taken the AS factory tour every day. I have a friend who’s 2018 TB is being built at the same time we are having service performed. So I offered to take pics for him.

The factory and tour host are more than obliging to let me do this fro him.

All the ones I have seen on the line, about 8 - 10, are FB’s Queens with Cherry cabinetry with a mixture of light and dark UL. They will be 2018’s. Although there is an option for Twins.

Now this is IMHO……

The living area / Galley are large and plenty of room. The 65” drop down screen with projection (Sony) is overkill since you are sitting 6 ft away from it. And you loose the function of the desk when the screen is down. Now the rear bath is fantastic, large and very well lit. The shower has 2 curved sliding doors, very large and has 2 light stops down each side. The toilet has an actual flush handle and not a step paddle…. There is a vanity light for the ladies to get some WOW. The wardrobe is in the bath.

There are no light switches, all systems are controlled by touch pads mounted on the walls. Lights, HVAC and TV’s etc….

The published TW is 1,175 lbs which I seem to thick and experienced, will be low. BUT, IMHO…

In general, the same systems Fridge, AC's, ovens, etc... are the same as 2016/ 17 Classics.

Powered Bed, Power Awning, Powered Stabilizers, stainless steel exterior package (except SS 120 volt outlet, which is plastic and where the SS cover is for purchase in the retail store. DUH...) OH, and the license plate light and bracket are still plastic, another DUH..

Overall, a very nice trailer!
Old 05-12-2017, 06:36 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' Classic
Wow, thanks for the great review. If you are still there can you ask about the Alde system my understanding this has a new feature for more hot water, just wondering what that actually is. Plan on upgrading to one but I don't want to be the Quality control for airstream at this price, want them to work out all the bugs before I buy one.

Thanks Again
Old 05-13-2017, 12:37 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Yea, still here. Just taking a relaxing day after 4 days in the service bay and hanging out in the lounge.

I have a 2016 Classic and it does not have the Alde. Just why we got the 2016. We were fearful of the new system and didn't like the registers along the walls, much less than to have a 1" vent "Space" along the kitchen counter at the backsplash and twin beds.

You may want to read the forums here to get a better idea of how the system is performing. All the new Classics have the Alde, so i guess they have worked out some of the issues.

Sorry I can't help further on that issue.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:55 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 30' Flying Cloud
Homosassa , Florida
Our neighbors were at JC a few weeks ago and they said the 33 was absolutely gorgeous. They loved the layout especially the bathroom.
Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:50 PM   #6
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
I have a 17 Classic with the Alde system and I absolutely love, just my two cents. Getting the shower setting right was the big problem with mine but now that it is set right I love it and I have plenty of hot water for a shower. I understand that the new AS Classic will have a larger tank so that would be even better.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:55 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' Classic
Thanks to everyone who has responded with their thoughts about the 33ft Classic. I received quite a few PM about the 33ft from people at the factory. It seems they're still in the testing phase according to those people, and at that price I don't want to be one of their testers so I'll hold off on buying one my last trailer had many problems once I got it home and the dealer here in NC is absolutely terrible so the next closest dealer is 6 hours away so I fixed all my warranty issues myself, would rather not go through that again. Thanks again for all the info to all,
Old 05-16-2017, 06:08 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Ancaster , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere Guy View Post
33’ Classic

Wow, what an awesome trailer!

We are at JC and have been since Monday and I / we have taken the AS factory tour every day. I have a friend who’s 2018 TB is being built at the same time we are having service performed. So I offered to take pics for him.

The factory and tour host are more than obliging to let me do this fro him.

All the ones I have seen on the line, about 8 - 10, are FB’s Queens with Cherry cabinetry with a mixture of light and dark UL. They will be 2018’s. Although there is an option for Twins.

Now this is IMHO……

The living area / Galley are large and plenty of room. The 65” drop down screen with projection (Sony) is overkill since you are sitting 6 ft away from it. And you loose the function of the desk when the screen is down. Now the rear bath is fantastic, large and very well lit. The shower has 2 curved sliding doors, very large and has 2 light stops down each side. The toilet has an actual flush handle and not a step paddle…. There is a vanity light for the ladies to get some WOW. The wardrobe is in the bath.

There are no light switches, all systems are controlled by touch pads mounted on the walls. Lights, HVAC and TV’s etc….

The published TW is 1,175 lbs which I seem to thick and experienced, will be low. BUT, IMHO…

In general, the same systems Fridge, AC's, ovens, etc... are the same as 2016/ 17 Classics.

Powered Bed, Power Awning, Powered Stabilizers, stainless steel exterior package (except SS 120 volt outlet, which is plastic and where the SS cover is for purchase in the retail store. DUH...) OH, and the license plate light and bracket are still plastic, another DUH..

Overall, a very nice trailer!

Question - Did you see a 33 with the twin bed layout and if so did you notice if there was a space on the floor at the foot of the beds? We saw a twin bed 30 at the Tampa Show and there was a neat spot there for things like shoes.
Happy-rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:25 AM   #9
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Nope, there were no 33' Classic twins on the line so I cannot tell you if there is a spcace at the foot of the street side twin bed. Sorry..
Old 05-19-2017, 07:08 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Rocklin , California
One thing I am concerned about is the shower. One of the walls is the interior aluminum skin. This is waterproofed with a bead of silicon caulk. Seems likely an area for a potential leak into the subfloor
Gamehawkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 04:03 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Send a message via Yahoo to Kyet
What I know. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for a 30' to be built once it goes into production?

New 2018 travel trailer features:
✴ Updated electrical components including a new multistage charging converter
✴ Updated battery disconnect
✴ Updated HDMI cabling
✴ Extended all twin bed lengths to 80"
✴ New continuous hot water feature for Classic models
✴ Updated multiplex in Classic models featuring complete control over AC and Heating
✴ New larger color touchscreen multiplex controls for Classic models
✴ Redesigned pantry in the Classic 30RB
✴ Redesigned trunk compartment lids in the Classic 30RB
Kyet is offline   Reply With Quote