Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2022, 01:01 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
South Jordan , Utah
Classic 33 - dog kennel solutions?

Hi Folks,

Those traveling in a 33 with your dog(s), where are you putting the kennel? Any creative solutions? The only floor space I can think of that might accommodate a large enough kennel, is perhaps the bathroom. I don't anticipate that we will need to kennel our dog often, but I'm sure not going to let our pooch have free reign of the AS when we are away for short excursions. I know the 30 is more dog-kennel-friendly, but the residential bathroom and middle living area is what we love about the 33. Thanks in advance!
Quest4info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Welcome Aboard...👍

Are we talking 'crate' for traveling or Xpen when camping?

We have used both. If outside at a campsite 'Pirate' is tied or in a folding Exercise pen.

FWIW...we have never left any of our dogs unattended in the Airstream.
In fact it was our first Portuguese Water Dog who insisted we get the Safari 35 yrs ago.

Bob
🇺🇦🇺🇸🇺🇦
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D9B9A590-1AD9-45FC-8527-900AF2C99528_1_105_c.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	416114   Click image for larger version

Name:	59BC221D-C86E-4771-917C-453F51CA3840_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	416115  

ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:12 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
South Jordan , Utah
I'm looking for a kennel setup recommendation for a classic 33. There isn't much wiggle room with regards to the layout. I'd like to be able to kennel a 90lb dog inside of the airstream for short durations while we are away. It would of course be climate controlled and monitored via the app. I'm new to travel trailers so I really don't know what most people do with their dogs when they run into town or are going to a place that dogs aren't allowed. I think a large, but easy to breakdown kennel will probably work, even if it blocks the path. It would only be used when we weren't with our TT, which will be pretty rare I imagine. Blocking the path with a kennel just feels like a janky solution but was hoping someone had figured out a better place/setup for a kennel in a 33. Thanks!
Old 05-17-2022, 09:27 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
If itís not permanently set up and you are just looking for temporary kenneling then just in the middle of the floor world work fine. Or perhaps blocking the entrance to the bed with the mattress tilted up in the sitting position? Otherwise your bathroom may be best choice like you are saying.

Another different idea would be to bring the dinette table down into the sleeping position and place it on there. Bed is meant to be slept on so it can handle the weight. Just need something to put under the kennel to maintain cushions and any sanitary concerns.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:41 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest4info View Post
I'm looking for a kennel setup recommendation for a classic 33. There isn't much wiggle room with regards to the layout. I'd like to be able to kennel a 90lb dog inside of the airstream for short durations while we are away. It would of course be climate controlled and monitored via the app. I'm new to travel trailers so I really don't know what most people do with their dogs when they run into town or are going to a place that dogs aren't allowed. I think a large, but easy to breakdown kennel will probably work, even if it blocks the path. It would only be used when we weren't with our TT, which will be pretty rare I imagine. Blocking the path with a kennel just feels like a janky solution but was hoping someone had figured out a better place/setup for a kennel in a 33. Thanks!
We've used one of these when our PWD was a pup. Different sizes fold differently and will fit in the center isle. We now just use it outside, 'Pirate' is always with us, if dogs aren't allowed we don't go there.

Bob
🇺🇦🇺🇸🇺🇦
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:21 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
South Jordan , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSxyWhtGuy View Post
If itís not permanently set up and you are just looking for temporary kenneling then just in the middle of the floor world work fine. Or perhaps blocking the entrance to the bed with the mattress tilted up in the sitting position? Otherwise your bathroom may be best choice like you are saying.

Another different idea would be to bring the dinette table down into the sleeping position and place it on there. Bed is meant to be slept on so it can handle the weight. Just need something to put under the kennel to maintain cushions and any sanitary concerns.
I hadn't even considered the dinette table. That's a great possible solution! Thanks much!