Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2021, 09:28 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Estes Park , Colorado
Alde woes

Fired up the heat on my Classic 33 and no heat. Checked the expansion tank no fluid. Got a couple of gallons from Turma and topped it up. Lots of air, burped at the towel rack, no heat. Hear pump running and fluid gurgling no heat. What the hell? Looked in every cabinet under sinks, no leaks.
Iím full timing and am going to need some heat here in Colorado.
Need some help here please
Mike0392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:30 AM   #2
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike0392 View Post
Fired up the heat on my Classic 33 and no heat. Checked the expansion tank no fluid. Got a couple of gallons from Turma and topped it up. Lots of air, burped at the towel rack, no heat. Hear pump running and fluid gurgling no heat. What the hell? Looked in every cabinet under sinks, no leaks.
Iím full timing and am going to need some heat here in Colorado.
Hi Mike0392,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customersupport@airstream.com

Thank you.*
Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM   #3
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
I’m full timing and am going to need some heat here in Colorado.
Hi

When did the system last work correctly?

If you put in a gallon or more of fluid *and* the system worked in the past, that's a lot of fluid. Did you purge the air at the various purge points on the system? If not, there still is more work to do. You might want to boost the speed setting on the circulation pump to get it done quicker.

The "big deal" place to look for leaks is by the main system. There's lots of pipe and stuff under there. On a 30' it's under one of the dinette seats. I suspect that's also true on a 33'.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Estes Park , Colorado
Alde woes

Last season. I took all of the covers the bench and itís dry. Iíll get underneath this evening and look at the drain tube .
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM   #5
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Last season. I took all of the covers the bench and itís dry. Iíll get underneath this evening and look at the drain tube .
Hi

From that I *assume* it worked correctly last season ??

When was the last time you ran it and checked the level in the tank above the toilet? There are an unfortunate lot of examples of dealers not checking fluid when delivering trailers ....

Bob
Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Estes Park , Colorado
Alde woes

Itís the brass auto vent valve stuck open! Removed my Air Skirts and there was the puddle. I asked Airstream to send me a new one, letís see what happens. Bought a heater brick tonight for when the heat pump kicks out on low temperature. Hopefully they can rush it? Starting to miss forced air heat.
Old Today, 07:42 AM   #7
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Itís the brass auto vent valve stuck open! Removed my Air Skirts and there was the puddle. I asked Airstream to send me a new one, letís see what happens. Bought a heater brick tonight for when the heat pump kicks out on low temperature. Hopefully they can rush it? Starting to miss forced air heat.
Hi

That makes sense, assuming we're talking about the valve on the hydronic fluid and not the one on the water heater side. If it's the water heater vent valve .... keep looking.

Simple way to tell: Put something under the valve and see what's coming out. If it's hydronic fluid then that is the issue.

Bob

« 21 Classic AC issue | Top | - »