Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2020, 11:52 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
If you do need to access the Alde, it shouldn’t be too bad. All three sides of the booth are just clipped on and pull off fairly easily. To get the seat off, it should just be a few bolts that can easily be accessed when the side panels are removed.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:27 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Holyoke , Massachusetts
I have a brand new 2020 Classic and last month I got gas failure warning and couldn't start the Alde. I knew there was nothing wrong with my gas so I called my dealer Pete's RV in VT.

Their service manager suggested powering down the Airstream by first disconnecting shore power and then doing the battery disconnect. Then reconnecting with shore power and then DC power (which is just turning the unit it "on board mode". I did them as he suggested and this reset the Alde and it no longer showed the fault condition.

I attributed my failure to the fact that I shut the Alde down 15 seconds after powering it up. Now, I like to turn off the Alde heating before I shut the Alde control panel off otherwise as soon as I hit the Alde control panel it immediately goes into whatever I was running last.
hsgsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 09:51 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Merriam , KS
Alde 3010 Fan Failure

Successful DIY repair story...

Alde system has been working pretty well for over a year. Today, returned from running errands (we're deep in the federal forest land outside Sedona, AZ) and the display said "Fan Failure." Looked for suggestions online. Tried disconnecting 12v for 5 seconds to reset the brain. No go.

So I got my 3/4" wrench and disassembled the dinette bench. I removed the black cover, unplugged all the wires (after taking a pic because I suck at remembering where things went), and removed the black under-cover. Unplugged the wire from the circuit board on top of the fan and removed four screws from the top of the fan housing. The squirrel cage is attached to the bottom of the metal cover under the circuit board- all in one piece. After removal, I loosened the two screws on top of the circuit board hoping it would separate from the squirrel cage just enough for me to squirt a little Dry Lube Protectant on the shaft of the fan. Before lube it would easily spin when I moved it with my finger. But it didn't "free spin" at all. After lube and spinning it manually for several minutes, it would "free spin" numerous revolutions.

Buttoned everything back up "as pictured" and turned everything back on. No more "Fan Failure." Yea me!

Thinking I might get a replacement on order to have on hand.

Just throwing this on this thread in case someone else has the same issue.
DougC27 is offline   Reply With Quote