Old 10-10-2020, 08:29 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Could you light problem be something silly like a GFI? Iím not certain how the lights are wired nor am I an electrician. Just thinking out loud if itís not a breaker, itís an obvious break in the line somewhere. Iím sure these lights are wired in parallel so if itís possible to trace where the powers terminated, you may be able to find the potential issue?

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:38 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Ivins , Utah
Actual Fuse locations in the 2018 Classic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcarv View Post
BTW Peter, ... This eve I was able to research my owners manual and 5-10 it refers to a 12v Fuse panel but not it's location.
My breaker panel has what looks like it should house a fuse block but it's blank, (see the image that I attached to a reply to FrogLips.

The picture you attached is the 120v breaker panel. There will be no 12v breakers or fuses there. On the 2018, 12v breakers are on the G6 Firefly controller behind the other false panel below the wardrobe. That controller connects to the touch panels, and most 12v circuits are controlled from there. The little white buttons are the breakers.

If none of them are popped, Iíd suspect a broken or loose wire behind that that panel.
steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:04 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Williamsburg , VA
My bathroom light was not working correctly and I traced the problem back to a loose connection under the fridge by the water pump. I do not like the connectors they use.
primepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:16 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Smyrna , Georgia
my 2018 is the same way....where the fuse panel shows up on the other models next to the breaker panel mine is blank just like the pic posted.....Southland RV advised there is not a fuse panel just the breakers under the wardrobe panel.....I think I would prefer the fuses
skniseley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 09:06 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Williamsburg , VA
I like the breakers and push button breakers. Nothing to replace. I just wish they did better on the connections.
primepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 01:50 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
2018 30' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Great suggestion, ... Thanks for the feedback.
davcarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 02:14 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
2018 30' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
HI all, ... I wanted to provide a quick update and additional information that might help clarify/complicate my issue
1. Where I store my coach I'm allowed to connect to the Sheds 20 amp power pole so I can keep my batteries charged.
2. I bought a 15amp to 50 connecter from Amazon. (see the image)
3. I connect an extension Cord to the connector then to the sheds electric Pole.
4. I noticed today that one of my breakers has tripped. (It's the farthest right breaker in the breaker image). I did a quick simple quick test today and reset the breaker and it tripped and an amber light lit up on the breaker that says, 'Ground Fault'. This is a 20amp breaker. I wouldn't think that this breaker has anything to do with the 12v light issue but then I'm not very familiar with electronics in general, and even less about how this coach it wired.

Could my lights not working, the breaker tripping, and the way I've connected to my shed's power pole be related?

I'm not sure at all, ...

I've decided that the next step is to hook her up to proper 50amd service nd see if the breaker resets properly and go from there.

I have my fingers crossed that it somehow is that and not a loose wire behind a one of the panels. Yuck.

Finally, I really appreciate all the input and the feedback. It's very much appreciated.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15A 50 50A RV Cable Adapter image.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	380580  
Old 10-14-2020, 12:44 PM   #28
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Fuse location

We have a 2018 Classic. I was trying to find and fix our awning lights, anyway on the right panel under the double closet also pulls out just like the fax door fronts. To no surprise there is a lot of wires and boxes just thrown in behind the breakers, just another area to look.
mike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:32 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
Pensacola , Florida
I had this same problem and then found that the light worked when I switched the shore power off ! Eventually I worked out that the furnace and fridge 12v didn’t work either with shore power on. Lots of mucking about and eventually realized that if the water heater was on electric mains power the 12v ignition systems to the furnace and fridge as well as the front living room light did not work v turned out to be a faulty control board for the water heater !! Replaced the board and everything now works - like you I never found a breaker or fuse for the light
KenNSabine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:57 AM   #30
4 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Crossville , Tennessee
convertor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcarv View Post
HI all,

My main lights in the front part of my classic aren't turning on.

None of the breakers, (or those cure little white button things), are thrown.

the breaker panels say it's #4 with a 5 amp. But where are those fuses?

Any help?

Thanks

DAve
Dave, I may have missed something as I quickly scanned the thread. My classic is old, as I am, however, since I have been owning Airstreams, all main lighting was 12v. The fuses on the one I have now, as well as all previous ones-9 in all- were located on or right at the convertor. Most, every time, the lack of a large area of no lighting was a blown fuse, automotive 2 blade type. My convertor is located in the front under the sofa.
It sounds as if you have your unit stored somewhere. If so, with it not plugged up, or with a 110 breaker or GFCI tripped, there is a possibility your batteries may be run down? They are prone to do this while in storage due to parasitic drain or even normal charge loss the flooded batteries experience.
Hope maybe this helps,
steelbird312 WBCCI #6673 jerry Hodge
2013 31" Classic limited
Have no intention of arriving at the grave safely, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, throttle in the other, totally worn out and screaming
"WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!"
steelbird312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:38 AM   #31
3 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
2018 30' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Hey SteelBird, ... Thanks for replying.
I contacted AS support and they responded with the FireFly User Manual, and The FireFly Technical Manual. That being said, the Classic Owners Manual refers to a fuse block under the booth seat. I just can't seem to find it.

I think I have a bigger issue at hand as I have a breaker that's tripping. and I wonder if it's related to my issue.
Old 10-17-2020, 08:47 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Crossville , Tennessee
Sorry I cant seem to help- I do think thst, if you csn find your convertor ( battery charger) either attached to it or close by you will find your 12 volt fuses.
Aldo, if indeed you are plugged in at the storage facility- their circuit may have a GFCI in it already and then it doesnt play well with yours. I have installed brand new GFCI outlets that were defective new. Do you have one of the 3 light circuit testers that you can plug into the storage outlet to see if there is a problem with the power suply? Also, do you have a voltage readout to see your battety charge right now or do you have a volt meter you can check it with?
Make sure your power is good before seeking a problem in the circuit of your trailer would be my suggestion. Good luck,
steelbird312 WBCCI #6673 jerry Hodge
2013 31" Classic limited
Have no intention of arriving at the grave safely, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, throttle in the other, totally worn out and screaming
"WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!"
steelbird312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:42 AM   #33
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Callao , Virginia
Your converter controls your lights so that might be an issue. Our converter took a dump this year so it's a possibility.
Airhead2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:37 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
2018 30' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Hi All, ...
I wanted to give a quick update on my issue.

Again, Thank you all for helping out with your input.

So, it turns out that for the 12v lighting in the coach there aren't any fuses.

I got in touch with the Firefly Integrator and had a conversation with their tech support.

Even though Melvin explained to me what the most likely issue was and that it's a DIY fix I wasn't confident that I'd be successful and I'd previously made an appt. with my local Airstream Dealer in the Atlanta Area. SouthLand RV to look into it.

That was yesterday.

So, it turned out that it indeed was Dimmer portion of the control portion, (specifically the pin that manages the main lighting).

Obviously Southland didn't have a replacement board and would have to order it and I'd have to come back.

The good news is that with FireFlys help the Southlands Tech was able to utilize another unused pin location to solve the immediate problem. IE I have lights again.

Additionally, with the panel off the Tech at Southland walked me through the procedure I would need to go through to make the complete repair once I had the new Dimmer Control Board.

It does indeed seem to me to be a DIY opportunity.

So today I've ordered the part. Once it comes in I'll install it and let you know how it goes.

I want to give a shout out to Southland for what I feel was an honest effort. From the horror stories I've heard over the years with RV places like Camping World and such this was refreshing.

I am happy that I'm making progress and cautiously optimistic that the problem will be solved and even better I am a bit more familiar with my baby Bubbles.