Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2023, 09:43 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2024 30' Classic
Boise , Idaho
2024 Classic 30RB questions - coming from a FC

Hi,
I have a 2022 FC FBB, which the family loves. I have had remarkably few issues and it has been wonderful. But we're ready for an upgrade for a few reasons, and we're about to drop a deposit on the Classic. I realize there are big differences between FC and Classic, obviously. I would appreciate some thoughts on specific questions:

1) The TPMS sensors that come with it and connect to the panel: are those the caps you put on the tire valve stems or are they already installed inside the tire, as they should be?
2) The LP/Elec water heater. I assume that is continuous hot water like I have now with the FC. The one in the FC does the job but it is not the best, because if you turn the hot water off for 1 second and back on, you have to suffer a whole minute of cold water before the next wave of hot comes back. Is the Classic's system any better at conserving water and giving more flexibility on water flow minimums?
3) Mattress. The FC mattress was abysmal. I've heard newer 2023s have improved them. Or maybe they are just better in the Classic. Are they? And I get it if you love your OEM mattress, but I hated mine, so that's the context.
4) The tires are 16" as opposed to all the other models which are 15". Does that make the Classic 1" taller than all the others? Not really important, just curious.

I assume that fundamentally there is nothing mechanically different about the Classic from my FC, other than the furniture and tech inside is significantly higher end. Any other major differences I should be aware of going from something on the low-end to the high-end? Thanks for any thoughts.

FYI, according to my dealer, the 2024 changes are:
1) 12V TV's
2) Front couch now fully reclines into a flat bed
3) 2,000W inverter is standard

That seems to be it. But the lie flat couch was what sealed the deal, because of the extra bed it creates.
mbronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 09:44 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2022 33' Classic
Chesapeake , Virginia
We have TPMS sensors in the wheel, and use the TST display in the truck, works well. The dealer could not program the CZone to read the sensors.

The Alde boiler does a good job with silent heat and hot water, but does waste a bit of water before it gets warm. We do not boondock.

Our stock mattress is adequate. We may upgrade if we decide to keep this trailer.

The 16 inch tires likely raise the trailer by 1/2 inch, and then you will probably get a 3 inch lift anyway. Maybe moreso with the 33. The 16s give you the option for Michelin tires.

The 2kw inverter is a nice upgrade.

Good luck!
BGClassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 02:40 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
FC to Classic

Good luck with the ZipDee "Relax Power Awning". The main reason that we went with a FC over a International in 2019 is that the International came only with a PITA Power Awning. We love the simplicity of our Flying Cloud. Good luck!
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 05:02 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2022 33' Classic
Minneapolis , Minnesota
1) They are good TPMS sensors. However, they didnít pair with our truckís built in display so we just changed them out.

2) The continuous hot water has worked great so far. Ditto the glycol heat.

3) My wife put TempraPedic toppers on and they are great. To each his/her own. So for us, so far, so good.

4) Not sure thereíd be enough height difference to notice. I do like the tires, however.

I am installing (right now, up on jack stands)a lift kit for year two and beyond. We did not have too much trouble w/o it but if I had a do-over I would have just started 3Ē higher at delivery.

We had few QC issues. YMMV. So far, nothing has broken I canít fix.

M & K
(2023 33í Classic)
BreadNCircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 09:26 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2024 30' Classic
Boise , Idaho
Tpms

So just to clarify, the TPMS sensors are INSIDE the tire, not on the valve stem. Is that right?

And the water heater is on-demand without a water saver feature (eg: fires up when a certain flow is detected and turns off when water flow decreases below a threshold. There is no recirculation of hot water if you turn it off temporarily in the shower). Is that also correct?

Thank you!
mbronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 10:38 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2022 33' Classic
Chesapeake , Virginia
Correct- the sensors are inside the wheel. The wheel has a hybrid metal/rubber valve stem, you would not a sensor attached to it. Good TPMS so far. There is a repeater near the CZone electronics to import the pressures to CZone. Mine was not programmed, not needed.

Correct- Alde boiler. Works well, LP and electric. No recirc, may waste a bit in the shower. No issue, we do not boondock.
BGClassic is offline   Reply With Quote