RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-22-2020, 08:56 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Woodbridge , Virginia
Angry 2020 Classic (30') TV's Cut Off!

Our TV's are randomly turning off and won't come back on until they decide to do so. It's the strangest thing. I checked the breaker and looked at fuses to no avail. The previous three times this happened, they came back on within 5-10 minutes. This time it's been an hour and nothing.... Luckily I can stream the presidential debate, but this is so frustrating.

Any help or pointers out there? Thanks.

John
hartmanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:51 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' Classic
Fayetteville , North Carolina
Go into settings and see if you have a power saver mode....My home TV did this and it drove me crazy, it was set to shut off after 2hrs of on time. Hope this helps.
Lets travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:33 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
You can check the power plug in the wall next time it happens. If the plug has power then the TV should be working and your issue will be within the TV such as the sleep timer.

We did notice that one remote controls both TVs so if you are trying to use both at the same time, it can really mess with the other one.

If you don’t have power in the wall then it’s something else we can trouble shoot from there

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:35 AM   #4

Currently Looking...
Woodbridge , Virginia
Thanks, it turns out that the recliners in the front also aren't working. I'm guessing this has to be a fuse. Will be calling Airstream in a couple hours.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:39 AM   #5
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartmanjt View Post
Our TV's are randomly turning off and won't come back on until they decide to do so. It's the strangest thing. I checked the breaker and looked at fuses to no avail. The previous three times this happened, they came back on within 5-10 minutes. This time it's been an hour and nothing.... Luckily I can stream the presidential debate, but this is so frustrating.

Any help or pointers out there? Thanks.

John
Hi hartmanjt,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customersupport@airstream.com

Thank you.*
Old 10-23-2020, 02:27 PM   #6
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Madison , South Dakota
Airstream Inc

This perhaps the third time in two weeks that someone has complained about an issue and The Mothership has responded with contact info and offered their support.

I have been on this site for years and do not believe that I have ever seen this rate of response. I would like to thank the corporate level of Airstream for their involvement in participating here. It is a welcome addition here.
Photobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:04 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Ivins , Utah
Both the recliners and the TVs are on circuits driven by the inverter. The inverter has a built-in transfer switch that powers those circuits either from the inverter, or from campground power. Do you experience the problem hooked up to campground power, the inverter, or both? In any case the issue seems to point to the inverter or its transfer switch, or related wiring. Turning on the inverter may provide useful info.
steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:37 AM   #8

Currently Looking...
Woodbridge , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by steverino View Post
Both the recliners and the TVs are on circuits driven by the inverter. The inverter has a built-in transfer switch that powers those circuits either from the inverter, or from campground power. Do you experience the problem hooked up to campground power, the inverter, or both? In any case the issue seems to point to the inverter or its transfer switch, or related wiring. Turning on the inverter may provide useful info.
Steve, thanks for the information. I did turn on the inverter to see if it works since it is on the same breaker and the inverter did come on. The TVs and recliners did not come on. I am leaning toward a loose connection at this point since my wife kept having the systems turn off and on yesterday with certain actions like closing a drawer under the microwave and opening/closing the main door. I'm not going to attempt any electrical work at the campground, so will poke around next week before she goes into winter storage in West Virginia. We did a workaround for the TV by running an extension cord to another outlet!
Old 10-24-2020, 06:38 AM   #9

Currently Looking...
Woodbridge , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photobum View Post
This perhaps the third time in two weeks that someone has complained about an issue and The Mothership has responded with contact info and offered their support.

I have been on this site for years and do not believe that I have ever seen this rate of response. I would like to thank the corporate level of Airstream for their involvement in participating here. It is a welcome addition here.
I agree with you! It was a nice surprise. I did email them and am waiting for response.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:00 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Callao , Virginia
It would be fairly simple to check your connections on the breaker panel, 10 minutes and you could eliminate that.
Airhead2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:07 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Resurrection Bay , Alaska
The best purchase I’ve ever made is my 2016 Airstream Classic RBQ 30 ... I’m so grateful that Airstream HQ cares about its customers. Please tell me how to be a compensated Airstream Ambassador ... when on the road, I give tours of Zeppy (Alaska plates AIRBNB) and I’m asked how it can be reserved to try out ... please contact me Airstream HQ

DocHalo / KL4QE
Resurrection Bay, Alaska
2016 Airstream Classic RBQ "ZEPPY"
2016 Nissan Titan XD 4x4 Crew Cab (Diesel)
DocHalo is offline   Reply With Quote