Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2022, 07:29 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Hamilton , Ohio
Question 2019 Classic inverter replacement

Our inverter has died while we are on the road. I have spoke to the manufacturer and the mothership to confirm this. It is the stock WF-5110R. The new Classics now come with a Progressive Dynamics PD1610j. Both are 1000 Watt inverters that can be controlled by the CZone.

We are quite content with 1000 W and want to replace the inverter in its same location. The location on the 2019 is underneath the microwave.

My questions are:

In later models, is the Progressive Dynamics in the same location?

In later models, how does the Progressive Dynamics unit interface with the CZone? Is it the same RJ 11 input or wired using the RV-C terminals on the top?

Any help or consultation would be appreciated.
ErnieDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 04:02 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
2001 25' Safari
Chagrin falls , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieDurbin View Post
Our inverter has died while we are on the road. I have spoke to the manufacturer and the mothership to confirm this. It is the stock WF-5110R. The new Classics now come with a Progressive Dynamics PD1610j. Both are 1000 Watt inverters that can be controlled by the CZone.

We are quite content with 1000 W and want to replace the inverter in its same location. The location on the 2019 is underneath the microwave.

My questions are:

In later models, how does the Progressive Dynamics unit interface with the CZone? Is it the same RJ 11 input or wired using the RV-C terminals on the top?

did you ever replace your inverter? my wifco on my 2019 classic died too.....what did you end up doing?
Francesca21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 06:38 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Hamilton , Ohio
I installed the progressive dynamics in place of the stock unit. It was a big upgrade. It is very quiet and does not consume significant energy when not in use. The fans only kick on as needed thermostatically.

Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out the interface to the CZONE. I mounted their control unit on the left side of the sink wall by the door. I ran the wire up and behind the woodwork and used velcro to adhere it to the wall. It works great. I highly recommend moving to the progressive dynamics unit. Below is a link to the unit I installed.

https://www.progressivedyn.com/1600-...ave-inverters/
Old 03-31-2023, 08:41 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
2001 25' Safari
Chagrin falls , Ohio
Inverter

Ernie. I spoke to AS tech and they said that only the WFCO is set up to communicate with the CZONE. It’s in the programming from factory for and in CZONE and unless you can somehow modify that programming the Progressive can’t be controlled by the panel or any of the buttons.

Therefore I am going to install the WFCO again. The new 5110 RS fan only turns on when loaded so at least the annoying fan won’t always be on

Thanks for replying
Francesca21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 11:14 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Lake Toxaway , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieDurbin View Post

My questions are:

Question from an electrically challenged owner. 2022 Classic 30.

How did you know the inverter crapped out? What quit working? I’d be checking fuses and breakers and have no clue as to how to pinpoint the inverter??

Thanks for the kindergartner lessons!!
Bskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 11:10 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Lake Toxaway , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bskinner View Post
Question from an electrically challenged owner. 2022 Classic 30.

How did you know the inverter crapped out? What quit working? I’d be checking fuses and breakers and have no clue as to how to pinpoint the inverter??

Thanks for the kindergartner lessons!!

Just bumping this up. Hoping for an answer.
Bskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 01:00 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
FYI, the communication between the czone and the WFCO exists only as an “on or off” signal. (+12V or 0V) on the remote input. Just about any inverter has that signal input.

If you want, I have a WFCO that I pulled out of my classic when I upgraded to a Mastervolt 2000w inverter/charger that actually does talk to the Czone on the NEMA2000 bus. It’s yours for the cost of shipping.
Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 06:13 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Hamilton , Ohio
The inverter plugs would not work. Troubleshooting I determined it was the inverter. Also, in the classic, if the inverter plugs don't work, you're recliners won't work either.
Old 05-10-2023, 06:14 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Hamilton , Ohio
Thanks for the offer, I really love the progressive dynamics unit. I simply install the control by the door. It provides a lot of visual feedback, in addition to its simple on off control.