Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-15-2018, 01:54 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

​201​9 Atlas​
West Vancouver , British Columbia
2018 Classic - A/C not shutting off

When on auto, my a/c's don't shut off when reaching set temperature. I've had the problem on both a/c's but when I restart Firefly by turning battery switch off/on they stay shut down. When restarted one or the other won't shut off. Also had an instance of one going into heat pump mode but that could have been caused by finger problems.

Took possession of my 2018 in Aug 2017. Firefly was replaced in JC in Apr 2018. Any comments on this a/c problem and thoughts about Firefly support for 2017's and 2018's as AS has moved to Czone. I asked marketing about extending warranty an additional year (I'm concerned about Firefly in the long term) but they have no plans to offer that (I assumed it would cost money to extend).
ldavids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:12 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Is there a manual for the Firefly system, and does it have a "hard reboot" procedure similar to the Dometic Stat in the older models?

https://www.google.com/search?q=dome...com&gws_rd=ssl

These search results probably don't apply to your system, so FWIW I guess.

There are various Firefly threads which might have the info:

https://www.google.com/search?q=fire...=airforums.com

This thread looks promising IMO:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f540...ff-179675.html

. . . in particular this post:

[click on orange arrow to go there]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKovalchik View Post
Spoke with Airstream yesterday. The customer service representative I spoke to had just, a few minutes prior to that, talked with Firefly about that very issue.
For others checking this thread the solution is turn the battery switch to off and unplug the shore power or flip the main breaker. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes then flip the battery back on and plug the unit in. It resets the Firefly system and should rectify the problem. (In our case flipping the AC breaker took care of the problem so far.)
Good luck,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #3
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavids View Post
When on auto, my a/c's don't shut off when reaching set temperature. I've had the problem on both a/c's but when I restart Firefly by turning battery switch off/on they stay shut down. When restarted one or the other won't shut off. Also had an instance of one going into heat pump mode but that could have been caused by finger problems.

Took possession of my 2018 in Aug 2017. Firefly was replaced in JC in Apr 2018. Any comments on this a/c problem and thoughts about Firefly support for 2017's and 2018's as AS has moved to Czone. I asked marketing about extending warranty an additional year (I'm concerned about Firefly in the long term) but they have no plans to offer that (I assumed it would cost money to extend).
Hi ldavids,

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at customer_support@airstream.com

Thank you.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:59 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
Hi ldavids,

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at customer_support@airstream.com

Thank you.

Do you guys remember a similar problem back in late June on a 2017 Classic?
Old 08-16-2018, 04:01 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavids View Post

Same problem with my rear air on our 2017 Classic. PM me and I will share what happened and the resolution.