Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2018, 03:10 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
2018 Classic 30 Back-up Lights?

This morning we noticed (for the first time ) these small lights on our 2018 Classic 30...
Thoughts please... unhooked, sitting in the driveway, plugged into our garage 30 amp, everything is off except the frig... as we have half a dozen times before... why are these lights on?... and what are they?... my wife never noticed them on before while I was backing... and I always travel with all my lights on. They are still on when I just got home from work. Thanks for the help, information, and suggestions.
mike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:15 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Ivins , Utah
Looks like there's something wrong there. Yes they are back up lights; I see them come on only when I'm hooked up and the truck is in reverse...
steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:19 PM   #3
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Hi Mike, I have a 17 of the same model and I would be lying if I said I was an expert, I’m not. But when I was st the factory one of the technicians showed me a way to have my outside trailer lights on even though I was not connected to the truck so I’m wondering if you have some dirt or debris in the 7-pin connector.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:23 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Thanks, I'll add it to our repair list for our Sept visit to the mother ship... item #23...
Old 06-27-2018, 03:30 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Thank you... I'm running out next to clean the plug and see if that eliminates our strange situation... WOO solved! Of course it was raining last weekend and when we put our plug cover on I guess there was just enough water and dirt that I failed to wipe off to make connections as you mentioned. THEY ARE NOW OFF! Thank you so much for sharing. We will buy you a drink if we ever have the pleasure of camping with you.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:55 PM   #6
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Well dang, no one is more surprised than I am that I was right.lololol. Really glad I was able to help. I will take you up on that drink if we ever get that chance. Enjoy you new Classic.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:52 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
White Bear Lake , Minnesota
.... between sentences does not end the sentence any more than one . A series of periods is call an ellipse. It is use by Drump to continue his tweets when he hits the character limit.

The judicious use of proper punctuation and capitalization makes a posting much easier to read and understand. Paragraphs are extremely important as well.

They no longer teach cursive writing in schools. Are they afraid the students will be able to read the Constitution and the Bill of Rights?
lyleapgmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:28 AM   #8
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Wow! Thank you so much for policing grammar in the forum. That is so helpful. I did not have a problem understanding the jest of the question and was happy to offer a possible solution.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:23 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Anna Maria , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendrick.l.j View Post
Wow! Thank you so much for policing grammar in the forum. That is so helpful. I did not have a problem understanding the jest of the question and was happy to offer a possible solution.
You need to chill brother. I also appreciate a grammatically well written post.
I hate this new basterdisation of our language you see being used in text messages by the new generation.
franklyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 01:31 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Thatís one thing we can agree on. Language, written and spoken correctly is the key to understanding. Iíve spent a huge portion of my so-called engineering career doing a lot of careful, clear writing for technical manuals, training materials, etc.
Sometimes the grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors jump out and scream at me, but then, if I can understand the comments, itís all good.
Trying to communicate in writing is a good thing in general. It sets humans apart from the animals, and gives an enduring record of our thoughts.
Itís all good...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 01:53 PM   #11
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
<~~~female.
The op needed some help with his Airstream lights, grammatically correct or not I offered without critiquing his mastery of English writing skills. Clearly you are both extremely well educated but we all come from very different experiences and educational opportunities. This is not the place or time to discuss the failure of our educational institutions. This is this place where one can come to find assistance with Airstream issues.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:11 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendrick.l.j View Post
<~~~female.
--------------snip--------------

This is this place where one can come to find assistance with Airstream issues.
And we all appreciate ALL the inputs and information--don't get me wrong on that.

FYI: DW and I have raised 4 very successful kids in the (somewhat shaky IMHO) American education system...and they all will agree that being fluent and reasonably grammatical in English is important.

Being understood is even more important...and, If someone does not make an effort to write something here, it's all for naught..so do keep writing! The grammar police generally don't hand out tickets around here, nor have they caught my occasional use of British slang and vocabulary I inherited from DW... (And my excessive use of ellipsis...)
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 02:33 PM   #13
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
LOL or this use of ... cute. We’re good.