Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2020, 05:06 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Norcross , Georgia
'19 30 Classic - Czone/Front Door Control & Awning Help Needed

Well my czone control by the front door has stopped working--the main control panel isn't seeing it and no blue lights on it, but when I unscrew, it still has a green and blinking red light on the circuit board--I disconnected/connected the barrel connector a few times but no luck. Anyone have any other ideas?

I also did a manual battery disconnect for a few mins to see if that would reset it, but all that managed to do was lock my awning so that now I can't even use it from the main control panel as it must first be unlocked. Does anyone know where the Zipdee manual panel is located or an alternative way to unlock it?
PaulR-GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 05:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Ran into something similar with our firefly from water damage. Ended up having to replace the panel. The only lock we have is on that panel, none on the main control board. Don’t know if they changed that with czone.

The main awning brain is under the large drawer. Bed base, plastic housing and lots of flashing lights.

If you call airstream they may be able to walk you through an alternative? Worst case, you’re under warranty should be easy for them to get a replace the for you shipped to your door and you can just swap it out.

Sorry couldn’t be more help.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 06:53 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
DALLAS , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR-GA View Post
Well my czone control by the front door has stopped working--the main control panel isn't seeing it and no blue lights on it, but when I unscrew, it still has a green and blinking red light on the circuit board--I disconnected/connected the barrel connector a few times but no luck. Anyone have any other ideas?

I also did a manual battery disconnect for a few mins to see if that would reset it, but all that managed to do was lock my awning so that now I can't even use it from the main control panel as it must first be unlocked. Does anyone know where the Zipdee manual panel is located or an alternative way to unlock it?
I have a 30' Classic. My Zip Dee Manual panel was located in a box with all the rest of the spare parts when mine was delivered. Sorry, I can't help you anymore.
Phantom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 05:25 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Crestivew , Florida
Did you ever come up with a fix. I have 2019 Classic 33 with same entry panel control module doing the same thing. Everything else works but program sees that panel offline.
zims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 05:09 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Norcross , Georgia
The issue is likely either (I've had both over the past 2yrs):
1. One of the ozone barrel connections came loose--either behind the entry panel/under the sink or behind the main electrical panel
2. When the entry panel was taken off/put back, the small DIP switches moved on the side of the panel--the main ozone panel setup screens tell you how they need to be set for each panel. Check the panel to make sure they are all set correctly.

Good luck!
PaulR-GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:00 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Cumberland , Maryland
There is a push button switch on my Zip Dee Control board that says CLOSE. May that would reset it. The board is on the floor under the sink or cabinet.
Airhead2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:55 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR-GA View Post
The issue is likely either (I've had both over the past 2yrs):
1. One of the ozone barrel connections came loose--either behind the entry panel/under the sink or behind the main electrical panel
2. When the entry panel was taken off/put back, the small DIP switches moved on the side of the panel--the main ozone panel setup screens tell you how they need to be set for each panel. Check the panel to make sure they are all set correctly.

Good luck!

This is what I found out also. If you remove the panel near the door to check it, it is very easy to accidentally change the dipswitch settings when you reinstall it. Your main panel has a mode you can get to that shows you the dipswitch settings you need to set it for. My Airstream is in storage so I cannot help you navigate through the main panel (on the wall by the tv) but maybe someone here can find the settings for you and how to get to them. I believe it also will tell you if it "sees" the panel. I'm betting that it does NOT see the panel.

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 09:05 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Crestivew , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk123 View Post

This is what I found out also. If you remove the panel near the door to check it, it is very easy to accidentally change the dipswitch settings when you reinstall it. Your main panel has a mode you can get to that shows you the dipswitch settings you need to set it for. My Airstream is in storage so I cannot help you navigate through the main panel (on the wall by the tv) but maybe someone here can find the settings for you and how to get to them. I believe it also will tell you if it "sees" the panel. I'm betting that it does NOT see the panel.

Airstream dealer moved bedroom switch to front door and it worked so ordered from door panel. Took couple weeks from Czone. Put new panel in still didn’t work then replace COI brain- another month to receive. Now all working except has error can’t find display BUT everything is functional- figure it’s a programming error. I can live with error announcement on wall display.
zims is offline   Reply With Quote