Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2021, 10:11 AM   #1

2019 25' International
Woodinville , Washington
What are these tools

Somebody out there who can tell me what those are used for? The black longer piece is made from plastic. Found them in a bag in my preowned, but unused 2019 International 25FBT. Your feedback is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DF9F9719-47FF-478A-8596-9D85BD818B3E.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	406313  
Hans Heep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:23 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Petaluma , California
My take,

Top left is a standoff for something, top right is a hex driver adapter.
The second from the top looks to be a flexible driver attachment for a multi-bit screwdriver.
Not sure what the black wand is.
The bottom wire is a Battery charger plug to clip adapter.

Brad
SuperTrouper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:38 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
City , State
Good day!

The flexible driver and the wire are used for manual retraction of the awning. The driver is used to retract the arms. The wire gator clips to the battery and plugs to the motor at the tongue side of the awning roller. Unplug the connector and plug in the new one. Then connect to the battery. This will bring in the roller.

I don't know the purposes for the others.

Best!
RamTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 10:35 AM   #4

2019 25' International
Woodinville , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTruck View Post
Good day!

The flexible driver and the wire are used for manual retraction of the awning. The driver is used to retract the arms. The wire gator clips to the battery and plugs to the motor at the tongue side of the awning roller. Unplug the connector and plug in the new one. Then connect to the battery. This will bring in the roller.

I don't know the purposes for the others.

Best!
Good day, as well
Thank you very much for the help, make sense now since you mentioned it. I also found the manual for zip dee and there was a little hint, nothing precise.
Old 10-16-2021, 10:21 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Anchorage , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Heep View Post
Good day, as well

Thank you very much for the help, make sense now since you mentioned it. I also found the manual for zip dee and there was a little hint, nothing precise.

Make sure you keep that zip dee manual - it has all the words you need to say to use the wand. 🪄retractare velarium
AKNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 10:51 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Chula Vista , California
The wand looks like a radio antenna
Oreg52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 06:30 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
2017 30' Classic
Summerville , South Carolina
That is the emergency kit for your Relax Awning. Save them and keep them in place where you know here they are. You will need these to manually retract your awning if it fails to close electrically. This is the only way to close your awning so you can travel if it fails. You should also read your manual from Zip Dee to know how to use these tools.
Captain Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:21 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Litchfield Park , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hank View Post
That is the emergency kit for your Relax Awning. Save them and keep them in place where you know here they are. You will need these to manually retract your awning if it fails to close electrically. This is the only way to close your awning so you can travel if it fails. You should also read your manual from Zip Dee to know how to use these tools.
That's exactly what these are.

One of the hex head fittings at the top of your picture goes in the flexible shaft driver below it, and is used with a drill to manually retract or extend the awning arms. There is a "scribe" in the arm that shows the position to retract the arm to. You have to do this on each side. At the bottom of the main arm is the hex head nut to engage the fitting in.

The plastic tool that someone said looks like an antenna is used to make adjustments for the extent the awning goes out. I believe you use it to adjust small pots on the circuit board. Don't know where your controller board is in the 25 footer but ours is beneath the galley sink against the wall of the trailer.

The bundle of wire with the alligator clips is used to hook up to the motor that drives the shaft the awning rolls up on. The motor is on the right side of the awning. Unless you're really tall you'll need a step stool or something to get to it. You can unplug the power connector going to the motor, plug the connector on the wire harness into it, and then connect the alligator clips to your battery. It's a DC motor so hooking the clips on one way winds the awning up. Hooking them up the other way lets the awning out.

I don't know what the other fitting is in the top of your picture. My unit came with a hex shaped shaft that you can insert into the motor gears, then use a drill or a wrench to turn to manually turn the motor gears in case your motor fails. This is a very slow process. Perhaps that fitting is for this purpose.

As Captain Hank said, hang onto these. If your motor or controller board ever fails when the awning is extended you'll need them to retract your awning, otherwise you can't tow anywhere. We initially had a lot of trouble with our awning and I had to do it several times. Not fun.

If you do have awning trouble, never, ever, ever disconnect the gas struts thinking that will help. I had to disconnect one of ours in order to free up our door which was trapped when the awning controller malfunctioned and it was a heck of a thing to get back on.

Steve
stevejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:18 AM   #9

2019 25' International
Woodinville , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrouper View Post
My take,

Top left is a standoff for something, top right is a hex driver adapter.
The second from the top looks to be a flexible driver attachment for a multi-bit screwdriver.
Not sure what the black wand is.
The bottom wire is a Battery charger plug to clip adapter.

Brad
Thanks, Brad. I was however looking for the information for the intent of those tools.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:23 AM   #10

2019 25' International
Woodinville , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejones View Post
That's exactly what these are.

One of the hex head fittings at the top of your picture goes in the flexible shaft driver below it, and is used with a drill to manually retract or extend the awning arms. There is a "scribe" in the arm that shows the position to retract the arm to. You have to do this on each side. At the bottom of the main arm is the hex head nut to engage the fitting in.

The plastic tool that someone said looks like an antenna is used to make adjustments for the extent the awning goes out. I believe you use it to adjust small pots on the circuit board. Don't know where your controller board is in the 25 footer but ours is beneath the galley sink against the wall of the trailer.

The bundle of wire with the alligator clips is used to hook up to the motor that drives the shaft the awning rolls up on. The motor is on the right side of the awning. Unless you're really tall you'll need a step stool or something to get to it. You can unplug the power connector going to the motor, plug the connector on the wire harness into it, and then connect the alligator clips to your battery. It's a DC motor so hooking the clips on one way winds the awning up. Hooking them up the other way lets the awning out.

I don't know what the other fitting is in the top of your picture. My unit came with a hex shaped shaft that you can insert into the motor gears, then use a drill or a wrench to turn to manually turn the motor gears in case your motor fails. This is a very slow process. Perhaps that fitting is for this purpose.

As Captain Hank said, hang onto these. If your motor or controller board ever fails when the awning is extended you'll need them to retract your awning, otherwise you can't tow anywhere. We initially had a lot of trouble with our awning and I had to do it several times. Not fun.

If you do have awning trouble, never, ever, ever disconnect the gas struts thinking that will help. I had to disconnect one of ours in order to free up our door which was trapped when the awning controller malfunctioned and it was a heck of a thing to get back on.

Steve
Hello Steve
Thank you so much for your explicit and detailed information. As mentioned before that manual does not provide the details, you gave me. Have this circuit board under the sink as well, was questioning what it is good for, now I know. Thanks again
Hans
Old 12-05-2021, 07:48 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2022 27' International
Belleville , IL
Thanks Steve. I have that bag on my desk thinking some day I will research what it is for. I traded the 2020 Globetrotter and, since I didn't know what it was for, this set wasn't put back in the unit. We have a 2022 International on order so I will keep it.
Jim
JimMussulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 08:31 AM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2020 25' Globetrotter
Hillsdale , New York
Perfect timing as I have all of the above included with my recently purchased GT...will keep these all together for when the day comes that they are needed. And from what I understand, when that day comes, wish me luck.

SPP
SlowPokePete is offline   Reply With Quote