Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2023, 12:51 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
Englewood , Florida
Question Refrigerator Level

I read the PDF manual for our 2023 Intl 23FB and couldn't find any reference to the trailer being level or nearly so for proper safe operation of the refrigerator, freezer or A/C. Am I missing something? Maybe I don't need to be so concerned about the driveway grade of 5%.
englewoodfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 01:39 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
aldinga beach , south australia
its all comes down to the design...much like a household fridge...common sense applys here....as level as you can make it is suggestdd due to it being a different design to a tilt overlanding fridge

so yes...as level as possible....just lower or raise the a frame jack to accommodate doing exactly that

good reasons why a domestic fridge needs to be level for exact answer to be clearer on the subject maybe?

enjoy your travels
baggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 03:10 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2023 28' International
Mercer County , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by englewoodfl View Post
I read the PDF manual for our 2023 Intl 23FB and couldn't find any reference to the trailer being level or nearly so for proper safe operation of the refrigerator, freezer or A/C. Am I missing something? Maybe I don't need to be so concerned about the driveway grade of 5%.
When they had the propane refrigerators, being level was much more important.

With the newer refrigerators, my rule is that if it is OK to walk in the trailer and I don't feel out of level, that's close enough
jeffb831 is offline   Reply With Quote