Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2016 - Current International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-01-2020, 02:58 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Lewes , Delaware
Rear Camera

Has anyone replaced the rear camera on their trailer? I have a 2017 Int 27' RBQ with a rear camera that came installed. The camera housing is allowing a bit of moisture into the housing resulting in a much degraded image. I used a hair dryer on low to warm the housing and eliminate the moisture. That worked to show that the camera was working fine. I looked at how to remove the housing and it looks like it is not meant to be removed. The wire harness for the camera goes into a hole in the trailer. My thought is that if I dismount the camera housing with camera, the wire harness may be able to be pulled out of the hole allowing me access to the connection between the trailer and the camera. However, I'm reluctant to start pulling on the wire harness with no idea of whether this will work.
bella_intl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:49 AM   #2

2017 23' Flying Cloud
North Riverside , Illinois
Replaced my voyager camera for same reason. 2017 FC 23D, used the same mounting bracket and just spliced wire. There is some slack tucked in the skin but don't go crazy on yanking it. I maintained the original grommet and just added a bit of silicone for good measure. Took me 20 minutes to do so its not tough.
soleone is offline   Reply With Quote