Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2016 - Current International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-06-2022, 02:38 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2024 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
PORT SAINT LUCIE , FL
New International 27-Happy

I picked up the International 27 FB Twin beds, hatchback, solar, and dual air a few weeks back. I waited a few weeks before posting to look it over. The dealer North Trail RV in Fort Myers was impressive. They gave me the best pricing by far and were the closest dealer to me. I waited exactly one year because hatchbacks take longer to build as there is only one assembly line that does them. So far I am impressed with it. There are a few items I am fixing as I do not want to drive to the dealer. The air filter screws are stripped.
The dealer never once asked for another dollar at closing. They gave me the AGM batteries promised also. I know Airstream threw in another panel and deleted the battery. We bought it for 119k plus tax and retail now is 145k plus tax. I can't say enough. They gave me the employee price. It was a 2 unit deal. My friend bought the same one on the same day. His comes in soon.
We booked our first trip for right after Christmas for a week. Going to be interesting as I never owned an RV before.
Renagade69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 02:57 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 27' International
Wasilla , Alaska
Congratulations

We like our International 27 FBT. After fixating on a 26U, a trip to a couple of dealers - one in Las Vegas and one in Oregon - over a year's time put us onto the 27 FBT. Fortunate to find a six month used one in Oregon.

Wish we had the hatch back, though! Enjoy!
Old 12-06-2022, 08:40 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Garden City , New York
Hi Renagade
Congrats! Im new too! When you said your air filter screws were stripped.... I was just watching this video and at 14:20 they start talking about filters and how the screws strip. I currently have an email out to Phil for the vent kit. Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps!

Bearstream01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 04:24 AM   #4
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Congrats on getting your new AS. It sounds as though North Trail RV treated you well. It is good to know about pleasant experiences as we often hear about the negative ones.

I also made the modification to the air filter screws as shown in the video. Much better.

And I'm glad to see you have your first trip planned. I would suggest jointing the Airstream Club (airstreamclub.org) as there are a lot of great local units in FL.

Enjoy your upcoming adventures!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 05:21 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2021 20' Caravel
Plaistow , New Hampshire
Congrats and enjoy.
Old 12-07-2022, 08:10 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2023 25' International
Fayetteville , North Carolina
Congratulations! I still have about another month and a half before I pick my my new International 25 FBT (no hatch for me). I have only been waiting since July but it sounds like you got the better deal on the pricing. Please post some pics when you get a chance.
barnhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 05:09 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2024 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
PORT SAINT LUCIE , FL
I have another way to fix the air filter screw holes. I ordered some 6-32 rivnuts in aluminum instead of the jack nuts. The drill hole size is #12. Just a little bit larger than the stock screw and has plenty of room everywhere to do without blowing out a side.
I will post pictures after it's done. You can install thumb screws or Phillips's head. The video did give me a great idea about the bowel on the drill.
Old 12-08-2022, 06:23 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2021 28' International
Knoxville , Tennessee
Would someone please post a link to that vent kit? Thanks!
Gibson3798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 09:39 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

Garden City , New York
Hi Gibson
There is no link. You have to email Phil at noloxsolution@gmail.com

Bearstream01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 02:36 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2024 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
PORT SAINT LUCIE , FL
I installed the Nuts today and SS 6-32 screws. Looks like a factory screw size with the proper thread thickness.

Old 01-15-2023, 11:01 AM   #11
KRL
Part time Streamer

2023 27' Flying Cloud
Charlottesville , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renagade69 View Post
I picked up the International 27 FB Twin beds, hatchback, solar, and dual air a few weeks back. I waited a few weeks before posting to look it over. The dealer North Trail RV in Fort Myers was impressive. They gave me the best pricing by far and were the closest dealer to me. I waited exactly one year because hatchbacks take longer to build as there is only one assembly line that does them. So far I am impressed with it. There are a few items I am fixing as I do not want to drive to the dealer. The air filter screws are stripped.
The dealer never once asked for another dollar at closing. They gave me the AGM batteries promised also. I know Airstream threw in another panel and deleted the battery. We bought it for 119k plus tax and retail now is 145k plus tax. I can't say enough. They gave me the employee price. It was a 2 unit deal. My friend bought the same one on the same day. His comes in soon.
We booked our first trip for right after Christmas for a week. Going to be interesting as I never owned an RV before.
Sounds like a sweet trailer - it is very similar to the model we are considering. I like the hatch back also, but I worry that it is another place where the enemy - rain water - can get in. What are you thoughts about lithium batteries? KRL
KRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 06:52 AM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2024 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
PORT SAINT LUCIE , FL
I love Lithium. I have Battleborn in my Skiff and plan on getting them. I will be going to the Miami Boat show to the Battleborn booth for the show special for my Airstream as I have bought them there for two other applications before. They give the best price there. I will also be at the Tampa show this weekend. If there at that show I may be able to get the Miami price.
Old 01-24-2023, 03:16 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2024 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
PORT SAINT LUCIE , FL
I had the hot water heater replaced with an upgraded Truma Aqua Go. The maiden trip showers were good until you try and conserve water. You will get a blast of cold water waiting for the Girrard to fire back up. Had it done at the Truma Factory Lakeland center. I had them leave the door un-caulked so I could paint it. The photo below is painted. It took two cans of Tamiya Polycarbonate PS-12 Silver Spray Paint. You can only paint the white cover. Black is non-paintable.
They had to raise the regulator pressure because the Truma has more BTU's. I was surprised they didn't cut the pex and reconfigure. They just used stainless braided hoses. It required the rear gas kit. For anyone that decides to tackle it themselves.
I saw the display with a clear 1-liter bottle at the Tampa RV show. You can see how they work. They have a recirculation pump, temp, and flow sensors in line. In eco mode, it will recirculate the bottle to 40 degrees and in comfort mode, it will keep the bottle at 120 degrees.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230123_161935.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	427519