Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2016 - Current International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-12-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Lewes , Delaware
LED Lights Over the Dinette Table

There are two LED lights attached to the underside of the storage cabinet above the dinette table. They were working fine, but now they do not come on when I turn the rocker switch to on. My first thought is that the rocker switch is bad or a wire came loose from the rocker switch. I'm non travel now and do not have a meter or jumper to jump across the wires at the switch to see if the switch is bad. Just wanted to see if anyone has experience with this type of issue and how they solved it.
bella_intl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:32 PM   #2
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Easiest way to check, in order:

-- check the fuse
-- pull the light and use a simple 12v tester (e.g. another light you know works) to see if there's power there.
-- pull the switch and test the leads and the switch (again with a simple "lightbulb" tester)

A multimeter does make things easier and they can be had for about $20. Many uses in the RV!

Some (hopefully useful) Airstream videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/journeymanvideos
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:33 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Lewes , Delaware
LED Lights Over the Dinette Table

I pulled the switch to test for power through the switch. I found that one of the leads to the switch is broken. The wire leads have copper spades on the end that plug into the back of the switch. A piece of the copper spade is still in the middle switch and it is not clear how to remove that piece from the switch. I will need to obtain a piece of wire with the proper spade to splice in place of the broken spade. I have attached photos of the switch, the broken lead is by my fingers in the second photo, it is a three rocker gang switch, American Technology Components AH-ASY-3-5-001. It does not show up on their website. I sent a note to Airstream to see what they say.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch 1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	354342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch 2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	354343  

bella_intl is offline   Reply With Quote