Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2024, 07:42 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
Dinette Table Not Level

I'm still working through all the issues on my new International...which overall, I really enjoy the compact layout...HOWEVER

The dinette table does not seem to be level to me. It slopes down towards the two side windows. Not by a lot, but enough to make it annoying. To test this,
I put a can of beer on the floor right next to it to see if rolls towards the same side..and nope, no roll. (I'm getting better each time on leveling the trailer).

Then I take same beer can and place it on the table. Yep, it rolls down towards the two side windows.

So I opened up a support ticket with Airstream. They advised that there is no adjustment you can make for that, but to "add a few washers" to bring up the sloping side.

Has anyone else out there had this problem? If so, how did you resolve it?

Thank you again.
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 Powerboost
BogeyPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 07:42 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I downloaded a "level" app to my phone.
I discovered nothing is perfect, the floor, table countertop, fridge are all off by a bit. Now I level according to the floor and stop testing.
I'd go with the advice, add a couple washers or a rubber tip on the table leg.
One of my 'brilliant' ideas was to buy a cue ball and see which way it rolls. I laugh now, but I was surprised that it rockets off to the low spot if it's .01" off.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 10:21 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 16' International CCD
Vintage Kin Owner
Somewhere , Colorado
Given the OP’s name is BogeyPro, he might find it more convenient to use a golf ball. Not knowing exactly what the table is, I will guess at a couple of possible fixes. You could try washers or shims at the floor level but I would be concerned about creating a gap that dirt or liquids could find their way under. If the top lifts off, then maybe you could carefully (read slowly) file down the high edge.
field & stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 03:37 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
The Golf Ball never lies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by field & stream View Post
Given the OP’s name is BogeyPro, he might find it more convenient to use a golf ball. Not knowing exactly what the table is, I will guess at a couple of possible fixes. You could try washers or shims at the floor level but I would be concerned about creating a gap that dirt or liquids could find their way under. If the top lifts off, then maybe you could carefully (read slowly) file down the high edge.
Hey, Field and Stream! Yeah, I also used the golf ball test...in fact, right now parked at a Harvest Host in Amarillo, Texas...placed the golf ball on the floor in several places...it did not move at all! But placing it on the table...it rolls right off towards the window without hesitation.

Underneath the table, there are four bolts on each corner of the platform...I thinl (hope) they might be loose on the high end, and tighter on the low end. I'm going to investigate that possibility right now.
Old 05-04-2024, 05:56 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
Englewood , Florida
Tilted Table

We have the same problem with our 2023 23FBT - with the AS level the table had a 2 degree tilt towards the winds. Confirmed with a pro level and the Ridgid Level app on my iPhone. You could also see it visually. While it was on our first warranty list our purchasing dealer never fixed it. We've gone elsewhere and StarShine is there for punch list 2 - which is fairly long.
englewoodfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 06:15 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2023 23' Flying Cloud
Fargo/Bozeman , ND/MT
We have a 2023 Flying Cloud 23 FB Twin with the same table issue. We did not notice it during the walk though, which was not very thorough. We do have an appointment with a dealership in July to get it repaired.
100954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 06:53 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 16' International CCD
Vintage Kin Owner
Somewhere , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by field & stream View Post
In reference to my earlier post, and still without knowing how this table is installed, I have another guess on how it might be fixed. If there is hardware attached to the underside of the tabletop to receive a post, then you could invisibly shim it up there without creating any gap at the floor level.
field & stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 09:13 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by englewoodfl View Post
We have the same problem with our 2023 23FBT - with the AS level the table had a 2 degree tilt towards the winds. Confirmed with a pro level and the Ridgid Level app on my iPhone. You could also see it visually. While it was on our first warranty list our purchasing dealer never fixed it. We've gone elsewhere and StarShine is there for punch list 2 - which is fairly long.
Thank you, englewoodfi. That is assuring to know that others have had the same issue. I see that you also have a 2023, 23 International, so that must be the same table design. Also interesting is that your purchasing dealer never fixed it...did they try to? Did they tell you why not?

I also have a punch list that I will be taking to my purchasing dealer as soon as I return home...probably late May...and I will include this item.

Could you be so kind to let me know (here on this thread) what eventually happens at StarShine?

Thank you!
Old 05-04-2024, 09:22 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
No Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyPro View Post
Underneath the table, there are four bolts on each corner of the platform...I thinl (hope) they might be loose on the high end, and tighter on the low end. I'm going to investigate that possibility right now.
The four bolts have tiny hexagon shaped nut that are screwed in tight. I attempted to loosen one but then decided against it, might make things worse. There is no room at all to install washers to shim it level.

While I was down there, I did tighten up the adjustment on the top black ring. It helped some...but the tilt is still there.

I'm aware that I might sound too demanding and to just "live with it"...but for the amount of money I forked over to Airstream....hell no!
Old 05-05-2024, 06:04 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
Englewood , Florida
Dealer

I'm deeply dissatisfied with the selling dealer (aka #1). So much so that for punch list two it's at another dealer. #1 wouldn't even accept an emailed punch and #2l was glad to. I missed transferring some undone items from lunch list one and they didn't have any problems when I gave them a revised list when I dropped StarShine off.

Why undone? Who knows? I could speculate but a public forum isn't the right place.

I have no intention in ever taking it to #1 except in an extreme situation. When people ask me about our rig, which is fairly often, I tell them to not go there.

I am going to look at making/buying a smaller table when it's back home. Perhaps take 6" off both the length and width and add a small rounded curb as it's uncomfortable for me. Not as uncomfortable for "shorty".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	license plate frame.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	443231  
englewoodfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 10:44 AM   #11

2024 23' Flying Cloud
2024 Interstate 19SE
Williston , Florida
Table not level

I have the same problem with my table. What I do is I just opened it up a little and push it back to the refrigerator and then it levels out plus makes more room to get in and out. When finished I just push it back in and I'm done. I have a 24 Flying Cloud 23 TB
TJASTREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 11:12 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2024 23' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
2024 Flying Cloud 23 FBT with same problem. I believe the problem is the slider bracket. Putting washers in does not work because that puts stress on the slider and it does not work. Try tightening the black lock rings that secure the telescoping pedestal. Unlock them, pull the table support towards the kitchen and relock them. I also stick a rubber doorstop into the gap between the table top and the attachment point under the table. Seem to help a bit.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 11:22 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
Calgary , Alberta
Table Solution

We had a similar issue of the table not being level. As well, our table only had one lock position, tight against the window couch. Our dealer replaced the support with one that is used in the Pottery Barn. While the new support doesn’t allow the table to be rotated 90 deg, its range of motion is much greater and it locks in any position. Our old table wobbled, this one is significantly more sturdy.

The other issue with our table is that the seats along the window are not very wide and do not provide the required support. My next project is to add a movable support that will allow the seat to be widened, while still allowing the table to be made into a bed.

Overall we really like this new support.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0495.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	443320   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0498.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	331.9 KB
ID:	443321  

Air2Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 12:01 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Sequim , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
I downloaded a "level" app to my phone.
I discovered nothing is perfect, the floor, table countertop, fridge are all off by a bit. Now I level according to the floor and stop testing.
I'd go with the advice, add a couple washers or a rubber tip on the table leg.
One of my 'brilliant' ideas was to buy a cue ball and see which way it rolls. I laugh now, but I was surprised that it rockets off to the low spot if it's .01" off.
The newer (at least since the X version) iPhones come standard with a level. It’s on the app titled “Measure”. After many trials using both a traditional level and my iPhone to validate its accuracy while setting up camp, the iPhone is remarkably accurate.
Old 05-08-2024, 04:47 PM   #15

2023 23' International
Zephyrhills , Florida
Airstream International Table Ou Of Level

This is my first post ever, but I felt compelled to reply to the un-level dinette table thread. Once upon a time, I was a fairly skilled cabinet man. If you inspect the slide mechanism under these tables, mine included, you will see that it consists of two pair of drawer slides mounted on their sides. Since they don’t appear to be very expensive slides, due to the floppiness of the table top that I think we all experience when the table is extended towards the refrigerator, then this fact allows the table top to lean down towards the floor when in the “home” or fixed position towards the windows, and also contributes to the rather level stance of the top when extended towards the refrigerator, which is at the full extension of the slides or drawer guides as they are usually referred to. I will offer two possible solutions to the group:

1. Visit a cabinet supply business, even a big box store, and inquire about a pair of good quality standard or self closing drawer guides, either full extension or standard length (what we currently have). These will usually be better quality than what Airstream provided in our purchases, and the self closing ones would have the added benefit of returning to the “home” or starting position when given a little nudge from the fully extended position towards the refrigerator.

Or,
2. Remove the table from its current slide mounting, and consider making it a fixed mount at the same location, in relation to the underside of the top and how it mounts to the aluminum plate on the top of the pedestal base. This would still allow the table to swivel around on the pedestal, just not slide back and forth, and it would allow the top to sit level, as the aluminum mounting plate fixed to the pedestal is already level with the floor. If you don’t wish the table top to be that close to the curb side wall of the dinette, then you could move the top slightly towards the refrigerator, say two inches off center, when mounting it in a fixed position. Of course, that would bring the top slightly out into the aisle, in that scenario. I hope these suggestions offer some assistance.

Lastly, given the replies of some, it seems as though the factory would not perceive this concern as a design flaw or something that needs to be “changed”, but they might be willing to make an “improvement”, if enough customers and service techs bring this to their attention. In the meantime, the rest of us will have to don our thinking caps, and engineer solutions that work for us! Happy journeying and we’ll see you down the road!
Wanderer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 05:51 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
Calgary , Alberta
Changing out the drawer slides for better quality ones will likely not provide a satisfactory result for two reasons:

1). Drawer slides mounted on the flat as has been done only have 25% of the rated capacity. As well because most full extension slides are three pieces the amount of movement allowed in this configuration is 0.375 inches or greater. These slide are generally not mounted in the flat position for this reason.
2). The slides are free moving and there is no easy way to lock them in any position except the fully closed position using Airstream’s pin mechanism. Not being able to lock the slides could result in spill, dangerous spills if the a hot liquid.

Note: I have written Airstream about the various design flaws within this table setup.
Old 05-09-2024, 06:45 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
2024 Flying Cloud 23 FBT with same problem. I believe the problem is the slider bracket. Putting washers in does not work because that puts stress on the slider and it does not work. Try tightening the black lock rings that secure the telescoping pedestal. Unlock them, pull the table support towards the kitchen and relock them. I also stick a rubber doorstop into the gap between the table top and the attachment point under the table. Seem to help a bit.
Thanks, Cannonball. I followed your instructions above, tightening the black lock ring when table towards kitchen. That helped some...but still I have the tilt, which is so annoying. I get you with that rubber doorstop solution...in fact, at Home Depot they have those smaller plastic "wedges" that are designed to help level furniture. It is a cheap fix, so I will try that next.
Old 05-09-2024, 06:55 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
What did Airstream have to say about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air2Dream View Post
Note: I have written Airstream about the various design flaws within this table setup.
Thank you for doing that, Air2Dream. Very curious to know if there has been any response from AS.

I'm scheduling an service appointment with the purchasing dealer (Airstream Adventures-Seattle) this month, for my first warranty repair "punch list". The slanting table issue will be included.
Old 05-10-2024, 03:58 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
Calgary , Alberta
Airstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyPro View Post
Thank you for doing that, Air2Dream. Very curious to know if there has been any response from AS.

I'm scheduling an service appointment with the purchasing dealer (Airstream Adventures-Seattle) this month, for my first warranty repair "punch list". The slanting table issue will be included.
AS provided the new table support.
Old 06-11-2024, 05:22 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
The Dealer made a fix...but with a caveat...

I picked up my AS today from the dealer. They fixed the table tilt the best they could, using washers. It looks much better. I placed a golf ball on it, and it did not move!

However, they gave me a warning that it could tilt again...check out their remarks below...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TableNotLevel.png
Views:	12
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	444231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Table_Not_Level2.png
Views:	12
Size:	346.0 KB
ID:	444232