Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2017, 11:04 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
28' Internationals being discontinued for '18

With looking at the Colnial Airstream's website, I see there are no inbound 2018 International 28's. With the shear number of trailers they list as being on order, I'm assuming the 28 in both Signature and Serenity are being discontinued. I hope that is not the case. We have been very pleased with ours for the past 4 years and strongly prefer it over the 27FB and the 30.

Anyone have a guess if this is the case? We never know when we might get the itch to get another new one and as of now we still feel it is a great floor plan.
HeadWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:03 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2014 22' FB Sport
2017 28' Flying Cloud
Southwest Ranches , Florida
I hope not. We like the floorplan of the 28 too. It is the only Airstream with the windows not on the sewer side.
Mergatroyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:31 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Milford Center , Ohio
I believe the International models are due for the redesign this year.

So, I think it would be interesting if Airstream was finally introducing an 26U International this year - although it has been popular, it makes sense if they waited to introduce one with whatever new features / materials are in the new International decor.

The 26U has been a very popular model for Airstream, and I've seen many dealers compare it favorable to the 28. If the 26U has been poaching sales from the 28, it might make sense for the 26U to replace the 28 in the model lineup.

Personally, having sat in both models (but owned neither), I'd have to agree that the 26 is a much better floor plan - unless you really want the separate dinette and lounge area. In that case, the 30 is probably close enough.
DPRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:46 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2017 28' International
Cypress , Texas
Ahhh, no wonder we could only find one (1) within a large radius. Glad we pulled the trigger today and hope to close the deal this weekend on a 28' Serenity. My wife favored the slight separation between dinette and sofa....whatever makes her happy. Looking forward to my first Airstream (and my first RV ). This forum looks like the place to learn all the do's and don'ts.
kellycox7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:09 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2023 23' International
Macon , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPRoberts View Post
I believe the International models are due for the redesign this year.
Any rumors as to what AS has in mind for a International redesign?
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:52 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Milford Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtech View Post
Any rumors as to what AS has in mind for a International redesign?
There are some rumors floating around in other threads - I've not heard anything specific, but it sounds like the International Signature may get more changes than the Serenity.

We'll know a lot more by next week - Airstream's Dealer Meeting is in San Antonio on Wednesday and Thursday. Patrick from Colonial Airstream usually posts some videos from the meeting, so I'll bet he'll be the first to let us in on the secrets.
DPRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:05 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
It should be interesting to see what is announced next week. I'd love to see a turn back to an edger modern decor, more like the earlier CCD's.

Other Airstream dealers are showing 2018 28 signature and serenity models as inbound so I don't think it is being discontinued.
HeadWest is offline   Reply With Quote