Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2024, 10:05 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
Englewood , Florida
2023 23FBT - how to cable from the sat connector to the large closet or above the bed

I want to convert the dual F-connector (aka antenna) ports plug to a plug that has just one F-connector and one ethernet port. I'd like to terminate either by the foot of the bed if needed into the large closet. If you know how to do this could you share? If I need to be the pioneer this then I'll share with the forum.
This is so that I connect a new Starlink that I'm buying to the 2023FBT with the minimal risk to both the warranty and leaks while keeping the CEO happy.

Smartplug has them in their catalog but I can't find a single source for either the BDCOAXEC or the DBPGEC. See page 19 of their catalog for more info or age for similar.
englewoodfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 11:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Ocala , Florida
I'm a little out of date on my info, but I assume you are wanting to run ethernet from outside the coach, and are planning to leverage the existing SAT/CABLE coax connection jack on the trailer, replacing one of those with an Ethernet jack? And you are presumably going to supply/run a new length of Ethernet cable from this new dual-purpose jack to where you want it within the coach?

I am not sure on your unit but do you have a small white disk shaped cover at the back rear upper of the trailer, near the backup camera? On my '22 GT, that was the cover put in for the to-be-fitted external antenna. IIRC, Airstream supplied a cable or two from that point down and into the BlueRay player area, for folks to install their own cell-boosters or such like. If you have this cover, be an idea to check and see what is under it? Perhaps there are some cables you can re-use?

Just spit balling here. Hopefully someone has done this, or has more ideas on how it could be done.
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 12:38 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Not sure which cable size you are going to use. I have a 28', so obviously, yours is different location wise inside. For my WeBoost, I used RG6-75ohm cable and ran it thru the SAT connection, disconnecting the SAT cable inside. (we do not use SAT any longer with wifi/Sling TV) Then ran the RG6-75ohm cable under our sink and L in the L couch, to the modem box on back of our couch, then ran the antenna wire to where I mounted the modem on my front cabinet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	weboost inside antena.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	443366  
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 06:46 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
2022 16' Basecamp
2017 23' International
Saint Petersburg , Florida
Starlink cable run

You know you have an opening into interior on your street side exterior stow compartment right? Cable doesn’t bind when you shut the compartment at camp. Stow excess cable in compartment, run the end to forward part of compartment, plug in power on nightstand and voila. We take ours out when stowing AS and use Starlink at home.
12 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, 16 MB GLE400
RMNummi is offline   Reply With Quote