Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2022, 10:19 AM   #1

2021 20' Caravel
Plano , Texas
Torklift Hitch Rear receiver hitch for bicycle rack, generator tray, etc. - Texas

Lightly used Torklift Hitch for sale. Custom made for Airstream travel trailers. Model X8001: Frame width must be 66 to 67.5 in. Installed new on my 2021 Caravel 20FB Airstream May 2021, so less than a year old.

Due to the weight and size, I am looking for a buyer who is local, or willing to drive to pick this up.

I am selling the hitch because I want to install more batteries and a larger inverter, and so need to reduce the overall weight of my Airstream. This hitch is about 80lb. I used it to carry my Honda 2000, but have now moved the generator inside my TV. So I guess I also have a Torklift generator Lock N Load tray available, if you want to make an offer on that as well.

Here is the manufacture's description of the hitch:

<h1>Tailored Hitch made to fit Airstream trailers rear receiver hitch for travel trailers</h1>Tailored Hitch is the only custom fit aftermarket rear hitch designed to be used for any customers Airstream storage hacks. The Tailored Hitch is the best option available because it was made just for customers with an Airstream no need to deal with the one size fits all design that doesn t really fit your trailer. Touting the highest weight rating at 450 pounds to carry your Airstream bike rack and more see what else this RV rear bumper hitch can do for you below!

Note: Just because the manufacturer says the hitch is rated at 450lb does not necesarily mean you can load this up with that much weight. Make sure you adhere to the tongue and gross weight limits of your airstream and TV. That generally means keeping the tongue weight at 10 to 15 percent of the gross weight. Do not allow the tongue weight to be less than 10 percent of loaded weight or your trailer may become unstable.

View this ad at Airstream Classifieds - Torklift Hitch Rear receiver hitch for bicycle rack, gene...

dwfore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 11:52 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 16' Sport
Miami , Florida
Yes make sure to adhere to Airstream recommendations on tongue and gross weight but certainly ignore their recommendations on this type of installation.
Shiny16 is offline   Reply With Quote