Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-11-2021, 11:23 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
none , none
1991 Airstream Classic 23 - Ohio

For sale is a 1991 Custom Classic 23ft Airstream "China Clipper". This trailer has been our family camper for many memorable adventures; out to Yellowstone, up to Acadia, Gulf Shores Alabama, Arkansas, Shenandoah, and many more! We towed it with a 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser. We had so much fun with this camper and enjoyed using it with our growing family that has sadly outgrown it. Here are the key points to know about this camper:

Custom built in 1991 on a 23ft body/frame and using Classic all wood cabinets

All blueprints, original manuals, maintenance receipts included

Modified for a full bed up front and a convertible couch sleeps 4, 2 2

Super comfortable custom foam mattress

Airstream vinyl flooring installed by previous owner

Tons ! of storage space/cabinets/under bed and couch/two huge full length clothing closets

4 solar panels to keep batteries topped off

Comes with Reese Towpower WD hitch

New parts list:

Brakes 2018

Tires 2018

2 AGM Deep Cycle Batteries 2018

Propane regulator 2018

Propane tanks recertified 2018

Custom Curtains 2018

Painted white walls 2018

Dometic air conditioner and control panel 2019

Toilet 2020

Shower head 2020

What else to know:

It needs an owner that understands this is a 30 year old camper that requires some patience. When we took ownership in 2017, I immediately had the roof resealed and worked to reseal all the windows, the door and around the body. There were some leaks and I think I stopped them all but there was some damage to the subfloor in the back and front. Eventually, the floor in the front and back will need replacing to extend it's life for 30 more years. It has 3 of 4 hydraulic levelers. These aren t stabilizers but full leveling capabilities! I tried to fix the one that is removed but found that they re not serviceable. That said, one could be sourced and added to make if fully functional. It s the front utility side, so I haven t replaced it because, with the tongue jack, it s fully stable. It also has some slight hail damage it s not noticeable, primarily on the roof, and may show up on a VIN scan. There s also several small dings and scratches from it s many years of use prior to my ownership. All in all however, it s still in great shape, ready for it's next adventure, and continues to get tons of comments from neighbors and passersby.

View this ad at Airstream Classifieds - 1991 Airstream Classic 23 - Ohio

ForrestGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 04:35 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Chicago , Illinois
Hi, my wife and I are very interested in your Airstream. We love the size and the layout. We have owned an airstream in the past so we know exactly what we are looking at :) Can you please share your number and I will call you? I would love to be the first one to have a shot at it please.

Best
Mike
MikeKafara is offline   Reply With Quote