Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-02-2021, 05:41 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Wayland , Massachusetts
1987 Airstream Excella 34 - Massachusetts

Hi everyone. Sadly its time to part ways with our 1987 Excella Limited triple axle 34 footer. I had intended for it to be our family trailer but never got through with the renovation. Let me tell you where things stand.

Exterior

Have owned for I think about 4 plus years. Was originally in Florida and has been sitting in New England since then with just a few trips.

Side bath model but I tore out the entire interior as there was a leak and needed to replace the floors.

Frame looked really good fortunately so I POR'd the entire thing and now it will never rust!

Added rigid insulation top of the line stuff as well as sound barrier. Floor is super well insulated.

Then put down 3/4 marine grade plywood best stuff you can buy then put VP barrier on top of that. VP is the best water barrier you can buy. Then sealed the edges up against the wall with a top notch marine grade sealer.

Put down high end vinyl greyish herringbone flooring and primed and painted the entire interior. Interior paint is a special paint which works very well on Airstream walls.

Also all new aluminum pan for the underbelly except the rounded pieces leading up to the frame

The interior is a "tabula rasa" for you to do what you want!

Added new fantastic fans in front and rear.

New fan in bath.

Exterior has been polished in past few years. Could use a good bath following this winter.

Extra parts I have:

Magnum 2800 inverter new

Soft start for AC

Electric refrigerator

Solar panel

Tons of trim stuff to replace old trim

Tons of stuff to shine the rig and the hardware to do it.

The tires are three ply big rig tires and will last forever

Also have a dometic 40k btu heater and a Cubic wood stove

The list goes on and on. I have probably 10k or more in parts plus all the money I put into the rig.

high end tankless water heater.

Custom made walnut tables and benches for the front of the rig

Custom covered cushions

Etc etc

Have a ton of new and old parts depending on the final price some of those elements can be negotiated. Also I am not entirely sure what to sell it for so happy to have a discussion. Also I have alot of experience shipping trailers/RVs/cars etc so can help with that.

If serious ping me and we can chat live and I can send more pics/info. Just too much to list here. Thanks! John

View this ad at Airstream Classifieds - 1987 Airstream Excella 34 - Massachusetts

jtgarcia2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 05:54 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
1979 31' Sovereign
1999 25' Safari
Youngsville , North Carolina
You must be kidding..20K then you want to sell interior you gutted. Good luck
heslinhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:46 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Auburn , New York
I'd need to see pictures. Honestly, 20k is quite steep for the work that needs to be completed for a gutted 33 year old Airstream. I am interested in seeing pictures and going from there. I hope to hear from you, thanks.
Rogue318 is offline   Reply With Quote