Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-03-2022, 11:13 AM   #1

1965 17' Caravel
Marshfield , Vermont
1976 Airstream Tradewind 25 - Vermont

I started working on this Airstream about 5 years ago, and even though I only have a punch list left, I'm out of steam and now retired with new plans. This is a great size and the space feels room. The body is good, with a few dimples and dings, none major. I thought of polishing it but there's no one near here to do it, and it's too much work for me! . When I first bought this camper, I took it to someone who removed the underside, repaired, welded and insulated the floor and bottom, put in a wood floor, and reinforced the hitch. He also gutted it for me and got rid of mouse infested pink insulation, cleaned tanks, and installed a nice composting toilet. That took a while for him to complete, but after that it went to another place and got beautiful cabinets, closet, bed platform and drawers; a new sink/kitchen was completed plus a plumber got got everything working. Then off it went last year to Maine to get the shower built and have all systems checked out and made sure they are safe. Verdict was, it's ready to roll. The awning was also checked and works, but probably could use a little cleaning; if I were keeping it, I'd take some dishwashing liquid and water to it, with a brush . I also had new cushions made almost forgot that! I was thinking of having it more stationary I don't like towing all that much as guest space, but I frankly don't need it. The things left are really quite minor in the scheme of things, and generally inexpensive. Here's my punch list: 1 It needs curtains. I've struggled with how to do this, what I'd affix them with, whether I'd make or buy them. I'm not very handy. 2 It needs an end covering to one of the upper cabinets I don't know what to call this . I regret not having this done when it was in Maine, but it's not very noticeable, unless you're in bed, and I spaced it out. 3 It doesn't have the gages in the back of the vehicle, upper cabinets. I was going to put a stereo in there maybe, but never got to it. You could either replace the gages or do something different. 4 Baby locks on lower drawers so they don't open when driving. 6 You can see a little adhesive on the outside of the camper, next to the door, where the previous owner put his "For Sale" sign. I've never tried to do anything here, as I said, I thought of having it polished. 5 I'm missing the plastic cover to the thermostat which disappeared when it was getting all the bodywork done. I imagine you can find one, if not you can replace that thermostat. The other thing is it will need a nice cleaning. It looks pretty good, but I haven't gotten it "staged" like lots of people do when they're going to sell. I also would probably touch up the paint, or add some more color, do a few other things, but if I go that far, I probably won't sell it and probably should Someone could really make this look great! I can send more pix, and info, on request. I've hemmed and hawed about selling, but I am trying to face reality that I can't really justify keeping it, without making better use of it. If you want a really nice, solid camper with a great canvas for your own decor, this is it.

View this ad at Airstream Classifieds - 1976 Airstream Tradewind 25 - Vermont

GrnMtnGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 06:09 AM   #2

Danby , Vermont
Hi,

Is this still available?

-Megan
MeganDorcey is offline   Reply With Quote