Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2021, 09:19 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
1964 Airstream Bambi II 17 - Illinois

Shell Lifted and 4 square tube frame fabricated

Wiring for Rear Lights run through the frame so no damage can occur to them

Axel Replace

Tires and Hubs replaced

Belly Pan Replaced

Channel fabricated for fastening the shell to the frame

Advantec Subfloor

Armstrong Linoleum Flooring Installed

All new wiring

Cable TV Wiring Installed

Furrion Electric Exterior Outlet Installed

All new plumbing installed

Water heater bypass installed for ease of winterizing

Electronic start water heater installed the cover of thewater heater was morphed into the original cover to keep with the 1964 look ofthe trailer

Prodex Insulation installed between skins

Fantastic Fan Installed..the vent cover is the original Hehr cover that was retrofitted to the Fantastic Fan cover keeping the roof looking original

Jack King Antenna Installed

3 way Refrigerator Installed

Gas Stove Installed

Microwave Installed

Catalytic heater installed

Air conditioner installed in the rear where the furnace was exhausts out the back, pulls air in from the bottom. This was a very labor intensive build, but it kept the integrity of the trailer intact no big a/c on top

Two 18 gallon grey tanks installed in the floor of the trailer for 36 gallon grey tank capacity

Twenty gallon fresh water tank

China toilet

New kitchen faucet and shower faucet

Surround Sound Stereo

12V TV with CD player

Custom cabinets through out with every inch thought out for maximum storage space

Custom boomerang counter tops all edged with satin banding

All lighting is LED, including Running Lights

All Custom Made Upholstery with top of the line foam

Dinette Folds Down into a bed

Polished Front Endcap

Couch pulls out on drawer glides able to be pulled out by one person to make a 54 x 87 bed

All Windows Rebuilt. New glass and glazing installed

Trailer polished several years ago

Extended Tongue with two twenty gallon aluminum tanks

Aluminum Outside Storage Box

Power Jack

Spare tire carried on custom rack under front of trailer

The trailer was very lightly used after rebuild. It was taken from NW Indiana to Florida 3 times and used for under 15 weekends since the rebuild. It s a very comfortable trailer and is certainly a show stopper! It has been on a Tin Can Tourist calendar, won reserved Best in Show for the Silver Trailer competition at a large Tin Can Tourist Gathering, and been in Vintage Trailer Magazine. I have sat inside her with Colin Hyde, who helped me along in the beginning of my restoration, and is a very respected Airstream restorer. David Winick , who was very influential in my design, also came in her and took a look. David has designed interiors for the Airstream company. They both thought she was a beauty, which for me was a great compliment!

I have decided to sell the trailer since I don t have much opportunity to use it. It is put together so well, that there is no doubt in mind that anyone who sees her in person will fall in love with her.

I have probably forgotten something about the restoration. If you want to see a complete documentation of it, you can go to the Airforums page and read through the thread entitled

Bambi II Saved From the Recycler!

You will not find a complete restoration of a Bambi II in the US for this price point. It is tastefully done, and thoroughly done. Please don t hesitate to phone me with any questions you may have. My asking price is 39,500

. To see a You Tube video of her, go to the You Tube site and search 1964 Airstream Bambi II. It should be the first video to come up.

View this ad at Airstream Classifieds - 1964 Airstream Bambi II 17 - Illinois

Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote