Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2020, 12:49 PM   #1
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
How to Use the Classifieds

Here's some basic info about using classifieds:

The Classifieds page is located here: https://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/ This is where you will created a new ad.

Logging into the classifieds page:
There is a login button at the top right of the page and you can login with your usual info. Tick the 'stay logged in button'
Two-factor authentication:
In order to post an ad for the first time you will need to verify your account via sms (we text you a code which you then paste into the verification field). The new requirement of two-factor authentication is a security measure and while we understand it's an extra step it also is a needed security measure. Scammers are a growing problem in the RV footprint and we want to be proactive about this to help keep members safe.

If you are unable to complete this process and contact us via the contact link at the bottom of the page for some help.
Posting For Sale and Wanted ads:
  • Any AIR member can post a new ad or respond to an existing on and there is no charge.
  • When a new ad is posted a new thread will be created in this forum automatically. It will include a link to the ad itself as well as some of the info from the ad and helps give greater visibility to ads. There is no "new thread" button in this classifieds forum however as all ads should be placed from the classifieds page.

Editing Ads:
Members can edit their ads and add photos or additional text. Once your item has been sold please mark the ad "SOLD" and the ad will disappear after a few days.
Problem ads
There is a report function (look for the triangle icon) on each ad to report a problem. This will send an alert to the site team who will check out the issue and take any needed action.
Ad posting rules:
All ads need to meet the basic guidelines for this site.
Please review these if you are unsure about whether your ad is appropriate.
Posting ad referrals
Referral ads are ads found on craigslist and in local papers and listings. Do not post then on on the new classifieds page.

Step By step ad loading instructions:
  1. Login to the classifieds page after verifying your account (top right)
  2. Click on the "Post an ad" link.
  3. On page one of the new ad form, select the category for your item and fill out all required fields on the form including location. The location can be a the city nearest to your actual location. This is required and is used to display the classifieds map (with pins denoting items for sale)
  4. At the bottom of the page click the green "next" button to go to the photo uploads page.
  5. Add your images and be sure to rotate them if needed to display in the correct orientation.
  6. Click the green "next button" at the bottom of the page to continue to the the upgrade page.
  7. This page allows your to feature the ad for extra exposure (fee based) or simply click "finish" to load a free ad.

Ad moderation: Some ads are moderated - they may not appear immediately so please be patient. This may take a day. Ads are moderated to increase security for all participants. Thanks for understanding.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:26 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Jarrettown , Pennsylvania
We have an ad up, and our phone number is not allowed to be displayed. I was wondering why this is so; it seems off-putting to need to PM the number.
pbnjsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:15 AM   #3

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnjsellers View Post
We have an ad up, and our phone number is not allowed to be displayed. I was wondering why this is so; it seems off-putting to need to PM the number.
In the change to the new software, the phone number is (temporarily) and all-or-nothing thing, and many sellers didn't want their number listed. On the programming to-do list is to make displaying the number optional.

You should be able to include the number in the text of your ad if you wish to do so. I would recommend you edit the text to remove your number after you sell it... you can contact me if you need help with that. classifieds@airforums.com gets delivered to me and to several site admins.

Zero Gravitas ó 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ó Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:32 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
Renton , Washington
2017 Airstream Bambi Sport 22FB "X" $54,500

Airstream Bambi Sport 22FB "X" (modeled after the 2021 Basecamp 20X)

Why wait for your Basecamp 20X to be delivered, when you can have more trailer, more bathroom, more space, and the traditional shape of Airstream now?

This one of a kind Travel Trailer has been upfitted for the adventurous by Torklift Central in Kent, WA.

Torklift Custom Installed Components:

3 inch lift (not a bolt on)
Tow hitch in rear for accessories (includes locking Torklift generator carrier)
Solar Power on roof
Custom fit, locking battery box, holding 2 wet deep cycle batteries.
Propane tank locks
Custom mud flaps

This unit also includes stainless steel rock guards, Micro-Air Easy Start AC, back up camera and monitor, wifi booster, remote rain sensing fantastic fan, and brand new Goodyear Wrangler ATC tires (factory approved).

You are unlikely to see another unit like this one. We are non-smokers and have been very ginger on the interior. You do not have to worry about the "shake-out" drive from the dealership because we have done all that for you. And of course, the bearings have been packed regularly, and brakes are excellent. Never ever a leak!

Also, as you have probably learned this year,as this unit was not built during the recent rush to fill orders, issues with quality in the factory build are not a concern.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210105_083346.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	379.0 KB
ID:	386384   Click image for larger version

Name:	1609962857580_20190316_120700.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	313.6 KB
ID:	386385  

Click image for larger version

Name:	30NOV2020_Wrangler_Lift2.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	386386   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200815_105731.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	490.8 KB
ID:	386387  

Glampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 02:10 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
LINCOLN , Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
In the change to the new software, the phone number is (temporarily) and all-or-nothing thing, and many sellers didn't want their number listed. On the programming to-do list is to make displaying the number optional.

You should be able to include the number in the text of your ad if you wish to do so. I would recommend you edit the text to remove your number after you sell it... you can contact me if you need help with that. classifieds@airforums.com gets delivered to me and to several site admins.
I posted an ad yesterday and don’t show it on the list? I saw it yesterday but no pictures were displayed. Edited it and added pictures but can’t find today. I logged in???
MissingLink5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 02:16 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingLink5 View Post
I posted an ad yesterday and don’t show it on the list? I saw it yesterday but no pictures were displayed. Edited it and added pictures but can’t find today. I logged in???
Possibly the ad is awaiting moderation per Post #1 here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Here's some basic info about using classifieds:
. . .
Ad moderation: Some ads are moderated - they may not appear immediately so please be patient. This may take a day. Ads are moderated to increase security for all participants. Thanks for understanding.

Good luck.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:26 PM   #7

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingLink5 View Post
I posted an ad yesterday and donít show it on the list? I saw it yesterday but no pictures were displayed. Edited it and added pictures but canít find today. I logged in???
I'm not sure why you were unable to see the ad for a time... it's clear from your later modifications to it that the ad became visible to you again. Your ad posted 1 March is still up on the site with your most recent updates. Looking back through its history, it doesn't appear that it was ever in a "moderated" state so that's not likely to be the culptrit.

https://www.airstreamclassifieds.com...florida-361252

If you feel like there's still some issue with the ad that needs to be addressed, send an email describing the issue to classifieds@airforums.com and several of us will be alerted more quickly than via a thread post.

Zero Gravitas ó 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ó Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote