Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-31-2020, 02:40 PM   #1

2011 31' Classic
Sweetwater , Tennessee
Hensley Arrow Sway Eliminating Hitch rebuilt

I'm offering for sale my Hensley Arrow sway eliminating hitch. I purchased the hitch in 2012 direct from Hensley and have used it with 3 trailers and 3 tow vehicles. My wife and I decided to go the 5th wheel route recently so I no longer have a need for the hitch. I just finished rebuilding the hitch box with all 8 new tapered roller bearings and dual lip seals and a fresh paint job. If you're familiar with the Hensley Arrow you know it is a sway eliminating hitch, not a sway control hitch. It is a patented design in which the geometrical action of the hitch does not allow the towed vehicle to sway thereby essentially making the towing vehicle and trailer act as one complete unit. The spring bars are adjustable to suit the needs of the rig and act as a weight transfer device which transfers the connected hitch weight to the rear axle of the towing vehicle. The hitch costs 3,500 new I'm offering mine for 2,500 which includes a vinyl storage cover for the hitch and the hitch helper adjustable tongue jack foot which helps line up the hitch box with the tow bar and makes hooking up a lot easier. I'm also including various spares parts, pins, safety chain extensions and the factory owner's manual that came with the hitch when I purchased it. The Hensley Arrow comes with a lifetime warranty which is transferable to a subsequent owner and I'm looking into that so the warranty can carry with the hitch when sold. This is a very heavy duty hitch and requires some attention to detail when setting it up on your trailer. The owners manual covers every aspect of the initial set up and mounting the hitch to your trailer and all adjustments that are needed to ensure the hitch is properly set up for travel. I have many additional photos of the rebuild process if you're interested I'd be glad to share those with you. If you have any questions about the hitch feel free to call or text me at the number listed in the ad.

View this ad at Airstream Classifieds - Hensley Arrow Sway Eliminating Hitch rebuilt

rcnewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 07:13 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Little Rock , Arkansas
Does this work on an Airstream ?
Luke12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 07:22 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Hensley Arrow Sway Eliminating Hitch rebuilt

Pivot Point Projection hitches work great on Airstreams. This hitch and the Propride version work in an identical manner to prevent sway.

It would be nice to have the WD bar rating posted in the ad.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote