Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2020, 12:49 PM   #1
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
How to Use the Classifieds

Here's some basic info about using classifieds:

The Classifieds page is located here: https://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/ This is where you will created a new ad.

Logging into the classifieds page:
There is a login button at the top right of the page and you can login with your usual info. Tick the 'stay logged in button'
Two-factor authentication:
In order to post an ad for the first time you will need to verify your account via sms (we text you a code which you then paste into the verification field). The new requirement of two-factor authentication is a security measure and while we understand it's an extra step it also is a needed security measure. Scammers are a growing problem in the RV footprint and we want to be proactive about this to help keep members safe.

If you are unable to complete this process and contact us via the contact link at the bottom of the page for some help.
Posting For Sale and Wanted ads:
  • Any AIR member can post a new ad or respond to an existing on and there is no charge.
  • When a new ad is posted a new thread will be created in this forum automatically. It will include a link to the ad itself as well as some of the info from the ad and helps give greater visibility to ads. There is no "new thread" button in this classifieds forum however as all ads should be placed from the classifieds page.

Editing Ads:
Members can edit their ads and add photos or additional text. Once your item has been sold please mark the ad "SOLD" and the ad will disappear after a few days.
Problem ads
There is a report function (look for the triangle icon) on each ad to report a problem. This will send an alert to the site team who will check out the issue and take any needed action.
Ad posting rules:
All ads need to meet the basic guidelines for this site.
Please review these if you are unsure about whether your ad is appropriate.
Posting ad referrals
Referral ads are ads found on craigslist and in local papers and listings. Do not post then on on the new classifieds page.

Step By step ad loading instructions:
  1. Login to the classifieds page after verifying your account (top right)
  2. Click on the "Post an ad" link.
  3. On page one of the new ad form, select the category for your item and fill out all required fields on the form including location. The location can be a the city nearest to your actual location. This is required and is used to display the classifieds map (with pins denoting items for sale)
  4. At the bottom of the page click the green "next" button to go to the photo uploads page.
  5. Add your images and be sure to rotate them if needed to display in the correct orientation.
  6. Click the green "next button" at the bottom of the page to continue to the the upgrade page.
  7. This page allows your to feature the ad for extra exposure (fee based) or simply click "finish" to load a free ad.

Ad moderation: Some ads are moderated - they may not appear immediately so please be patient. This may take a day. Ads are moderated to increase security for all participants. Thanks for understanding.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 02:10 PM   #2
Link’s Travels

2002 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
1999 35' XL 350 w/slide
LINCOLN , Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
In the change to the new software, the phone number is (temporarily) and all-or-nothing thing, and many sellers didn't want their number listed. On the programming to-do list is to make displaying the number optional.

You should be able to include the number in the text of your ad if you wish to do so. I would recommend you edit the text to remove your number after you sell it... you can contact me if you need help with that. classifieds@airforums.com gets delivered to me and to several site admins.
I posted an ad yesterday and don’t show it on the list? I saw it yesterday but no pictures were displayed. Edited it and added pictures but can’t find today. I logged in???
MissingLink5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 10:50 AM   #3

1971 27' Overlander
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Ok... I've read all the rules oh, but when I go to the classified section there is no button for posting. How in the heck to somebody post something? Thank you
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 10:54 AM   #4

1971 27' Overlander
Albuquerque , New Mexico
There is no "post an ad " link....so how? Please .txs
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 11:00 AM   #5

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
There is no "post an ad " link....so how? Please .txs
When logged into the AirstreamClassifieds website, in the upper-right corner of the browser window there is a red rectangle that says "Post an Ad"

Also, below where your username is displayed on that window, there's another red rectangle that says "Post Free Ads" (while creating an ad you have the option to upgrade it to "Featured" for a fee if you choose, but you can still begin from the "Post Free Ads" link.

If you're looking on the Classifieds forum here on AIRForums.com you just need to go to the AirstreamClassifieds site. You login there with the same username and password that you use here.

(When you create your ad on AirstreamClassifieds.com the post in the Classifieds forum here is created automatically, by the way.)

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:57 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Asheville , North Carolina
The main photo for my advertisement a shower. There is no obvious way to choose a photo and make it the one people see when they click on an ad. All efforts to drag photos around on the edit page have been unsuccessful. Can you tell me how to change the main display photo?

Thank You
AirstreamCSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 01:04 PM   #7

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamCSH View Post
The main photo for my advertisement a shower. There is no obvious way to choose a photo and make it the one people see when they click on an ad. All efforts to drag photos around on the edit page have been unsuccessful. Can you tell me how to change the main display photo?

Thank You
When you're editing your ad and looking at the grid of photos on the edit page, notice that there's a circle with a star in it above the "Edit" pencil on each photo.

Choose the photo you'd like to have as the main photo for your advertisement, and click that star. You'll see that it's now circled (a bright circle is inscribed around the perimeter of the dark disk containing the star.) Only one image can be set as this "main" choice at once, if you click the star on a different one it will become the main selection and the bright circle will disappear from the previous selection and appear on the new selection.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 06:07 PM   #8
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Duration of a classified ad?

Hi.

When an ad is posted, how long does the ad run for? Can you “bump” an ad after a time to get it closer to the first page? If so, what would the proper time frame be? Every two weeks? Month? Or do you repost another ad.

Thanks.

Jonathan
Old 10-19-2023, 06:40 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Lev, if you page down to the first post on this thread, you can look over the instructions and see how it works.

Your ad goes into the classified section. A separate courtesy thread comes up on the forum for all to see regardless of whether they separately go into the classified section.

I've heard you should not bump your own thread. Never seen someone chastised when they bump their own thread. I've seen where folks post on their own thread to advise of a price change, or to answer questions of folks who posted a question on the thread bersus the ad. That might be considered a bump without just plain old saying bump.

If a buyer is looking, they will likely go into the classified section to see all the trailers versus seeing one mixed in with all the other daily posts.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 08:36 PM   #10
LEV ZEPPELIN

Chicago , Illinois
Thank Hittenstiehl!
Old 10-20-2023, 09:54 AM   #11
LEV ZEPPELIN

Chicago , Illinois
Ok. Verified my phone. Did I miss something that says how many photos is the limit? Thanks again.
Old 10-20-2023, 10:36 AM   #12
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylev View Post
Ok. Verified my phone. Did I miss something that says how many photos is the limit? Thanks again.
I believe the limit is 20 images.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 01:24 PM   #13
LEV ZEPPELIN

Chicago , Illinois
Thanks Janet.
Old 02-25-2024, 04:54 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' International
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Seller contact info?

I placed an ad but it does not allow you to place contact information in the text of the ad. Some ad's have a contact seller button but mine does not. How would someone contact me?
Thanks
wharris107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 09:05 PM   #15
Site Team

1994 25' Excella
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by wharris107 View Post
I placed an ad but it does not allow you to place contact information in the text of the ad. Some ad's have a contact seller button but mine does not. How would someone contact me?
Thanks
If this is about the ad you placed 3 weeks ago, I see a button for messaging the seller when I view the ad. Perhaps you can't see it because you're logged in and are the seller?

Can you try to view the ad in a private browser window to check if you can see the button when logged out?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 6.04.10.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	441405  
1999 Suburban LS 2500 w/7.4L V8
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser (Sold)
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 06:32 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' International
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Thanks richard 5933, I tried accessing the ad from a different browser and it shows the message seller tab.
thanks again!
wharris107 is offline   Reply With Quote