Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2022, 02:02 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2009 19' International
Aptos , California
2012 Airstream Eddie Bauer 25 - California

This 25 Eddie Bauer Airstream is in really great shape and ready to hit the road.

The rear hatch is, of course, the coolest feature of the Eddie Bauer model. We ve often parked next to rivers, the ocean, meadows and grand desert vistas where the hatch erases the line between you and the outdoors. It also lets in lots of air, keeps out mosquitos with it s full frame pull down screen, and makes it easy to load and unload stuff. I ve never loaded a motorcycle which I believe was Airstream s notion when they re introduced this feature but I have used it for bicycles and surfboards. Because of that motorcycle notion, Airstream added two vents, one on the roof next to the forward Fantastic Fan vent and one on the street side lower rear, to allow airflow while towing and dissipate gasoline fumes. For us, it s helped keep the cabin a bit cooler when on the go. Today you can order a hatch for any front bed Airstream for 7 9 thousand dollars. We say, go for it!

We are the original owners and have used our Eddie a good bit. As a result we ve upgraded some stuff and worn out and replaced others. Here s a list:

Upgrades:

2 100 Watt Solar Panels from Sun Solar

Progressive Dynamics PD4600 installed by Lou Farber to correct a botched install by Toscano RV of Los Banos avoid

AGM Batteries

Dometic CU 434 stainless steel range that you can actually bake with

Dometic porcelain toilet

Additional Samsung TV in the bedroom

BluRay disc player in addition to the original Sony audio/video system

Rotating recliner easy chair

Table customized to fit the chair Note that we have the original curb side bench and fittings should one care to restore to the original layout. We found this to be way more comfortable. In fact, we have a 27 hatch back on order with two recliners being added by Ultimate Airstream .

Shelving added to hanging closet

Mirror added to rear of door in hanging closet

Replacements:

Forward Fantastic Fan

Cushions in the street side benches, replaced with a firmer, higher quality foam. The original Sunbrella cushion covers are in great shape.

Shower door

Furrion power inlet, rear roadside it was working, but the little on light wasn t, which bugged me .

Michelin Defender LT225/75R16 replaced last year, about 5k miles on them

Propane tanks replaced with new this year.

New organic cotton mattress added this year.

Equalizer sway control included

Blemishes and disclaimers:

An Airstream is like a house. Like a house, one that experiences a constant 4.5 7.2 earthquake while driving down the road stuff wears out and breaks and you learn to repair it with timely help from Airforums members . For me, one of the pleasures of owning an Airstream is caring for it. I ve made prompt repairs when anything has gone wrong. I m not the most anal guy in this regard look into the Cleaning, Stripping and Polishing sub forum for that but I have washed, clayed, and waxed Eddie at least once a year and washed carefully after each long trip. I m confident when I say it s in really good shape.

Blemishes:

There are a small number of scratches from contact with bushes while parking, though nothing I ve been able to capture on my phone s camera. I ll point them out if you come see it. Very minor.

The green rub rail has experienced a color change, fading from green to black, mainly on the road side rear. I have no idea why this happened, sun damage or whatever. I know that replacement rub railing with adhesive backing is available, but it s one fix I ve not been motivated to do.

There are road rock related dents in the segment protectors.

View this ad at Airstream Classifieds - 2012 Airstream Eddie Bauer 25 - California

brad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 02:26 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Celina , Texas
Could use a few more pics.
Journeying America via the "Blue Highways"
-Be Curious, Not Judgemental…Walt Whitman-
Genebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 11:13 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
Port Angeles , Washington
I have a 2018 30 foot International Serenity for sale. My husband passed away this year, he enjoyed this Airstream, but it is hard to use for just me. Plus I would like to pay it off. Yours would be a great replacement should I be able to find a,new home for mine.
Janice
Port Angeles. WA
JECTJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 08:26 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Yuba City , California
Is your Airstream still available?
Lbroadbike is offline   Reply With Quote