We are selling Large Marge, our 1994 30' Airstream Excella, a hard to find mid bath model. We purchased the trailer with the intention of renovating it and making it our own; but we have not had the time or space to make much progress.
This trailer would be great for a person who wants to do a renovation job, but might want to camp in the meantime. We used the trailer a couple of times with full hook ups over the last year and it was great. It would be outstanding if it got the TLC it deserves. For most of its 30 years, it was in arid climates Corona, CA and Yuma, AZ . Most of the trailer is original and still functional: the AC, the ZipDee shades, the stove/oven, the microwave, the heater, etc. We have the original manual. Between the previous owners and us, there have been some steps at updating. Here is a list of things that have been done within the last few years, which are not necessarily obvious from the photos:
- 16" Sendel rims x5, so you have a full size spare 1 year old ;
- 16" Light Truck tires x5, so you have a full size spare 1 year old ;
- Pro Pride 3P anti sway and weight distribution hitch 1 year old ;
- Upgraded shower head so shower pressure is AWESOME 1 year old ;
- Recently replaced black tank valve work done by Airstream dealer ;
- Wood panel floors about 2 years old ;
- Toilet about 2 years old ;
- All appliances inspected by Airstream dealer 6 months ago
Here is a list of things that need attention and are not obvious from the photos:
- We began removing the mouse fur fabric on the walls and also the underlying adhesive, but have not finished that job. We can provide the non toxic solvent we were using to remove the adhesive, if interested.
- There is a short in the electrical system, so some of the 120v plugs work and some do not. It also affects charging the 12v system when on land power but 12v charges fine when hooked up to a 7 pin . This short is probably easy to fix if you have an understanding of electrical work; it occurred when we were removing outlets as part of removing the mouse fur.
- The refrigerator worked when we bought the trailer but it would never get really cold, so we stopped using it. It s probably time for a new fridge.
If you are new to RVing/trailering, we are also happy to sell all you our lightly used gear that we just purchased for the trailer, all of which we bought new and was top of the line: a water hose that doesn t make the water taste like a hose , stainless steel pots and pans, flatware, wrenches and sockets for various bolts, waste hoses, a Progressive Industries 30A surge protector, etc.
To be clear, we will lose money on the trailer at the list price. We want this trailer to find a good home and we are sad to see it go, but we do not have the time or space to keep working on it.
View this ad at Airstream Classifieds
- 1994 Airstream Excella 30 - California