Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-01-2016, 07:00 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Wildwood , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
1991 Airstream 350 - Mississippi

Title: 1991 Airstream 350 35 - Mississippi
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

1991 Airstream 350 LE Diesel motorhome. This motorhome came from the factory with the front Cummins 6BTA diesel engine and Alison automatic transmission. The Motorhome has only 40,136 original miles. This is the only original front Cummins I am aware of. This combination is often called the “school bus” combo. Since it was popular in the early 90’s for school buses and could easily reach 500K miles if properly maintained. There is not a better mechanically running Classic motorhome out there.

I started rehabbing this motorhome 3 years ago and am now forced to sell it due to medical/health issues. The coach is 90% complete and no expense or effort has been spared in getting it mechanically and structurally in excellent condition.

Systems: 80 gal diesel tank (800-1000 mile range; I averaged 12-13 mpg’s and got as high as 15 mpg), 125lb propane tank, 80 gal fresh water tank, 43 gal grey tank, 45 gal black tank. 6300 watt (52 amp) Onan emerald III propane generator. Built in air compressor and tank with 50ft of hose, air chuck and gauge as well as dual tire inflation/equalization inflator.

Engine: Cummins 6BTA pre-electronics engine. Fuel tank has been dropped and cleaned. All flexible fuel lines have been replaced. Primary fuel pump was replaced. Alternator and all belts replaced. Engine is in excellent condition. Since this is a diesel truck chassis it is exempt in most states from smog certification unlike the gas engines.

Front end/steering: replaced bell cranks, bell crank arms, draglink and steering stabilizers. Added Centramatic wheel balancers.

Rear suspension: airbags replaced May 2015. Rear rotors, calipers and pads replaced. New brake master cylinder installed April 2016.
All tires (8) plus spare new in Mar 2014 (less than 2k miles). Original Alcoa aluminum rims. Tire pressure monitoring system.

Electrical; converter/inverter removed from power panel and replaced with Boondocker 4 stage converter. New House and start batteries in 2014. Trimetric TM 2025-RV battery monitor and amp meter. Gives both Start and house volts and amp draw on house batteries. All lighting replaced/converted to LED; extremely low power draw and much brighter.

Plumbing; all water lines removed and replaced with PEX. Isolation valves installed throughout the system. System drain lines for winterizing installed properly. Additional PEX line run to kitchen and shower to facilitate re-circulation of hot water for boon docking. New propane/electric water heater installed May 2015 with LED switches. Shower controls/shower head replaced. Shower pan redone and front and rear walls covered with aluminum. New toilet gasket and waterline. New bathroom granite counter and sink with faucet.

Cockpit: Floor removed and replaced due to old widow leak (window seals replaced). Mass loaded vinyl sound barrier installed. Heavy sound carpet mat installed. Cockpit noise very minimal now. Side windows seals and gaskets replaced. Both flex steel captain’s chairs removed and reupholstered. All surfaces recovered. Carpet removed from engine doghouse and replaced with matching cushioned faux leather. New carpet on cockpit floor.

Bedroom; interior completely redone. All mouse fur removed from walls and new aluminum put up. Twin custom beds built with easy access to lots of storage, water system and air compressor.

Cooling heating and ventilation; 2 new Dometic low profile air conditioner/heat pumps installed. New fantastic fan installed mid-coach in gallery area. New shower and bathroom vent fans. Front furnace needs replacing. Rear furnace needs controls hooked up.

Galley; New kitchen faucet and sink re-seated properly. New vent hood installed. Aluminum installed on galley walls. Spice rack installed behind stove. I have stainless steel external vent cover that needs installed. New Norcold electric/propane refrigerator in September, 2015.

Interior; new tiger stripe bamboo flooring throughout. Lounge area is completely open. I have original gaucho (electrically operated) and dinette table and benches for re-installation if that is your choosing. Mid-bath with dual fold out doors to connect shower and bathroom and closet areas. Closet mounted Dyson cordless vacuum.

Exterior: professionally polished and clear coated. Has both curb side and road side awnings and awnings for all bedroom windows. New entry door latch. Key-less entry system (keypad) as well as keyed deadbolt. I have new LED running lights and new aluminum housings for the rear of coach that need to be installed. I also have new old stock forward parking lights. New King Jack HDTV antenna with signal meter installed April 2016.

Other: I have all the manuals from Airstream, the P-30 chassis and Cummins engine. Additionally, I have service manuals for the engine, chassis and generator in PDF form as well. I have over 1500 photographs on the rehab step by step, system by system that will transfer with the motorhome so you have documentation of what was done and can easily refer back to any system to see what is where. There are spare fuel and oil filters for the engine and generator. I have a spare driver’s side window that will transfer with the coach.

Additionally all linens, cookware, flatware, china, outdoor area mat, lawn chairs, tables, Weber Q100 grill and 2 plastic pink flamingos will transfer with Motorhome. All you will need is food to go camping! New owner can expect to spend a day or two at the local RV Park (my treat) going over all the systems and learning about their new coach before hitting the road home.

More pictures available upon request.
Email: wxbuoy@aol.com
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...5-mississippi/
wxbuoy is offline   Reply With Quote