Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2018, 11:16 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Washnigton , Washington, D.C.
1983 Airstream 310 31 - California

Title: 1983 Airstream 310 31 - California
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

I need it gone ASAP, first REASONABLE offer gets it, I'm not interested in trades.

I had been traveling in it full time in 2017 where it served me well, though a blown water pump put it out of action. I had it towed to a friend's house and began a teardown to do a Cummins/Allison swap, but my priorities changed and decided to store it until I had the time to do a full restoration. Unfortunately I lost my storage spot so it has to go, my loss is your gain.

It is currently in the driveway of a property I own in Seaside, it was towed here by a 36' Heavy Duty tow truck, so it should not be an issue to get it towed away.

Current Condition

-While it's not perfect, overall the motorhome is in solid "unmolested" shape, not hacked up by lazy mechanics or unskilled DIYers.
-The Airstream is currently registered in FLORIDA I have not confirmed whether it has the necessary equipment to pass California smog
-Radiator, trans cooler, and grill/bumper currently removed.
-The body is good overall but has various minor dents and scratches, the largest being on the rear cap, see http://www.airforums.com/forums/f381...el-155270.html for repairing yourself.
-The banana wraps are all showing their age, particularly the fronts are heavily cracked due to their plastic construction but are holding together
-At some point the 120 to 12v charger failed so that will need replacing
-One of the three position interior lightswitches cracked and will either need to be repaired or replaced
-All tanks/plumbing worked when parked
-The generator was recently rebuilt by the previous owner
-Both air conditioners have been replaced, with one only being a couple years old. Both working great
-All exterior drawers function properly with a bit of cracking of the plastic top bezels as is commonplace
-The rear airbags were replaced by the previous owner and the pump has worked fine. I'll include the necessary fittings and lines to utilize the air system as a backup tire inflator so a separate pump isn't necessary
-All windows and trim are intact, and though some slide better than others everything is there and working
-The spotlight is still fully functional
-The engine HVAC unit is not connected, so it does not work.
-Was purchased on ebay, this is the ad for reference https://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Airstr...true&rt=nc

New Parts (installed ~15 months ago with about 1000 miles of use)
-Koni FSD Shocks $680
-Supersteer Bell Cranks $550
-Custom class III hitch $500

Just installed December 2018
-3x new batteries $350
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...31-california/
BCCade is offline   Reply With Quote