Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-28-2015, 08:01 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1982 24' Airstream 240
Farmington , Missouri
1982 Airstream 240 24 - Missouri

Title: 1982 Airstream 240 24 - Missouri
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

UPDATE- 12-28-15 I had a brand new (not rebuilt) Chevrolet Performance 454 crate engine and components installed in to the airstream as having someone buy it without a working engine was too logistically annoying. I also contacted Airstream directly in reference to my model/year and was told (and can be verified) that only 6 1982 24' Airstream motorhomes were ever made. SIX! I know of 2 others which likely means not all 6 are even still around. So that means the PRICE has changed to $59,900 OBO. Or best offer meaning I will allow time for multiple offers to see who is the highest. I also will be polishing the entire unit as part of the sale...never got around to it before.

1982 24' Airstream Motorhome for sale. I bought this guy when I was a bachelor and had been my passion for about 4 years. Now I am married and well, now I own a home that doesn't have wheels. This unit is in great shape and I am very proud of it and I know that it is one of a kind.

Here is a link to a video I just posted showing my start of polishing. I have polished the middle section on both sides now.

I COMPLETELY renovated the ENTIRE rig. All the mechanical work was done by professionals and all the other work was done by myself. I have probably about 99% of the receipts filed away and listed on an excel spreadsheet.

FAQs:
-How is the transmission? The transmission was always very good for me. Never had trouble shifting into gear and always ran smoothly.
-Is the unit sold AS IS? Yes. I will not be offering any type of warranty on the rig verbal or written.
-How is the frame? The frame is in good shape and very solid.
-Any leaks? Nope. I nipped the leaks in the bud when I was in the early stages of my reno.

Here is a list of the renos:

1982 24’ Airstream Motorhome Renovation Work Done:

This airstream was completely gutted down to the subfloor and even removed the (extremely adhesive) wallpaper from the inner aluminum shell.

Interior:
-Several sheets of sub-floor was replaced.
-removal of all original furniture, appliances, cabinets, walls, plumbing, and some electrical and took to the dump or gave away
-New carpet in the cab and hardwood laminate in the coach area and new floormates in the cab.
-installed upper and lower cabinets and countertops, along with stainless sinks (kitchen & bathroom, along with a door and walls and hardware.
-installed appliances included: Furnace (and new duct lines), refrigerator, water pump, AC, microwave, cooktop/oven, and a tankless RV500 water heater (works awesome)and 12v/120v converter/charger, whole system water filter, and coffee maker.
-ran new pex plumbing throughout
- ran some new 120v electrical
-installed new electric brake controller
-Custom tiled (pan) shower and custom shower surround and stainless shower head. Much nicer than any factory shower.
-installed foldable (for a bed) rv couch, two bench seats and a custom table top (that matches the ext. decal) that lowers on its pedestal (for bed configuration)and is on slides and can slide left or right and lock to allow passenger/driver to easily get by.
-installed two leather, reclining, swiveling, foot rest captains chairs in the cab.
- installed LED lighting units all around inside
-installed blinds on coach windows
-installed custom sewn cab drapes (to pull across front windows) that match the color of the custom bench seat pads , table, and ext. trim decal.
-Entertainment System: Sony touchscreen head unit that also plays dvds, Bluetooth connectivity, and hands free integrated calling. Connected to 4 front sony speakers, 2 backs, and one subwoofer powered by an external amp. Also interconnected audio to a 27” flatscreen TV (on a pivot mount) along with a PS3 that can play movies or games. PS3 system is an additional $300 or you can bring your own blue-ray/dvd player or gaming console. Also installed a 400w inverter.
-installed back-up camera that works with the sony head unit.

Exterior:
-Windows removed, tinted by professional, new coach window felts and gaskets installed
-clearcoat removed over entire unit and polishing a work in progress. Estimated 1/3 of the way done with mirror like polishing.
-LED marker lights, blinkers, brake lights all around.
-Removal and sanding off of bottom painted section down to aluminum for polishing
-Painted front and back bumpers
-Marine/aluminum grade paint/finish applied to marker light cast pieces
-Drivers side front windshield replaced along with entire front windshield gasket
-installed updated sewer connection fittings
-All “new” (probably have a few thousand miles on them now) brake system including master cylinder, pads, rotors, soft lines…
-…and tires and aluminum wheels and shocks
-installed a zip dee awning system (color matched decal and other components)
-installed valvac power/heated mirrors
-installed omni-directional TV antenna and radio antenna
-installed two fantastic fans (overhead vent fans) and one bathroom fan
-new toilet
-custom designed auto decal installed over length of airstream in its original “stripe” section
-comes with new installed electric holley fuel pump and reg. back at the tank, carb, radiator, oil cooler, spark plug wires, and alternator.

Things I would have liked to do...and you may consider:
-I have LED indicator lights that I never got around to replacing the original ones on the dash.
-I wanted to replace the headlights with high-power LED versions (they're really nice) but cost was holding me back at $250ish each.
-The fan motor on the cab AC unit (not the big AC unit overhead) needs to be replaced with a new one and the air ducts I found are very brittle so I was going to put in new flexible tubes as well.
-I pulled a trailer with a Honda 6500 in it and other things. If you want to have separate generator power I would buy a Honda EU3000 and put it on a hitch carry all on the back. Great generators, quiet, and easily serviced, and you can also use it for other things not just the RV.

Pics that show items like clothes,pillows, blankets, dishware, etc are not included in the unit but may be purchased for an additional price.

Thanks for looking and feel free to contact me with any questions. First come first serve.

Tim
timotreous@hotmail.com
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...0-24-missouri/
Timotreous is offline   Reply With Quote