Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-13-2018, 06:28 AM   #1

Asheville , NC
1979 Airstream Sovereign 31 - North Carolina

Title: 1979 Airstream Sovereign 31 - North Carolina
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

I'll hate see her go, but...

I purchased this beauty 2.5 years ago and basically gutted her and started fresh.

She still needs some cosmetics - polish, window love and some paint - but I've done all the heavy lifting as far as getting her back to usable condition.

She has:
-New A/C
-New furnace
-New hybrid gas/electric water heater
-New DC electric panel
-New battery tender and two new batteries
-New plumbing - PEX, routed in the heated space because frozen water lines SUCK!
-Brand new waste valves that have never even had a square of TP go through them
-New 12V LED lighting, custom built with either the original fixtures or some wacky stuff I bought online
-New layout with a drop table in the front to make a queen bed and a split bed in the back that could be bigger than a king
-New storage - TONS of it! There's no wasted space in this rig, trust me.
-New bathroom with gorgeous Baltic birch, epoxy-coated walls (see pics)

In case you are unaware, the center bath model is the BOMB. All that plastic in the rear bath models is a nightmare. Not to mention, the frame often cracks with the weight of all that load in the back. Granted, the bathroom is smaller but the trade off is 1000x worth it.

Now, I have never really traveled in this rig. I've pulled her around town and everything seems to work just fine but that's about it. I know she needs brakes. The original hydraulic system is still there - you had to retrofit your tow machine with a vacuum assist when you bought this beast - but it's long since lost that capacity. However, she has four wheel disc brakes and could be easily be upfit with a hydraulic-over-electric braking system.

I was gonna do that but it's your turn to take the wheel...

She was born in California, sold in Oregon, has a "Don't Mess With Texas" sticker, a Tennessee plate and a Florida title. So this ol' girl's been around. In fact, I have the original owner's manual, with the name of the original owner in it.

I was also gonna track down all the owners and let 'em know what she's now up to but never got around to that either.

Your turn!

This is your chance to own a true piece of Americana - an original. Is she perfect? Oh, hell no. But that's AMERICA, baby!

I'm willing to negotiate but you need to know, before you start throwing lowball offers at me, that if I were to charge for the ungodly number of hours I've put into this beast, the price would easily be double what it currently is.

I'm ready to move on and she needs someone who will love her as much as I did the first day I saw her sitting in my driveway - gawd, that feels like eons ago.

Time to get yer #VANLIFE on, yo.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...th-carolina-4/
Quarl is offline   Reply With Quote