Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-16-2017, 10:17 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Santa Monica , California
1979 Airstream Excella 28 28 - Arizona

Title: 1979 Airstream Excella 28 28 - Arizona
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

I picked up this Midwest gem in October 2016. I have $7k invested in recent engine/ transmission work- I can show you receipts. The generator does start right up. As for damage, there is a dimple in the right rear top (from the former owners) that cannot be seen by the casual observer at road level but can be seen from higher ground and a depression over the right front wheel well and a corner crack in the right windshield (also inherited). Her skin is in pretty good condition otherwise, ready to be made shiny again! (no paint)

She hasn't been on a trip since mid 2017 where she made the 500 mile journey from Los Angeles to Tucson like a champ! I haven't ever used the lavatory or water systems or kitchen items but was told everything works and the control panel lights up nicely. Per the previous owner, the counter top was replaced, new 2 burner stove top installed, newer microwave inserted. Old carpet was removed and any bad sub flooring was replaced with a floating hardwood floor. Refrigerator had new cooling unit installed 3 years ago. Her awning is black and gray striped and in good condition.

On the road she is a real eye catcher and easy to drive. She drives well...shifts smoothly...and sounds great. The panoramic view of the road is spectacular especially heading into a sunset and she looks really cool at night with her running lights on!! LOTS of attention and people taking photos (and asking for tours) when parked.

Solid foundation for minor or major restoration but she runs the way she should. She needs some cosmetic love and someone to appreciate her novelty, I don't have the time to take her out anymore. Registered in Arizona with a clear title in hand. There was been a lot of work done to her engine. First half of the info below is by way of the previous owner.

Dual electric fuel pumps
NEW 600 cfm Holly Carb
New HEI dist.
New High Temp spark plug wires
New air bags on front
OEM alternator replaced with 100 amp dual output alternator.
New dual battery charger installed.
Radiator removed and cored out
Roof AC a newer model Intertherm
Engine AC has been removed we just run the gen and roof AC and stay cool in 100 degree heat Dual trans coolers one on each side of radiator.
Gen 5 454 engine
4KW gen starts right up
New pump belt
Manifold replaced and painted
New Mechanical high velocity fan reinstalled
Section of new exhaust installed 2 ½" piping installed.
Exhaust muffler
Exhaust manifold
Water pump
2 new heads
Valve job
Spark plugs
Thermostat
Filters and gaskets
Horn
Starter
Belts adjusted
Transmission mounts
Top end of engine rebuild
New ignition switch

Lots of other fixes that I cannot decipher from the receipts. Thanks!

*gas gauge and step have decided to stop working. Exterior door panel at generator location locks but isn't hinged. Needs new kitchen sink elbow. :/
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...28-28-arizona/
CindyC is offline   Reply With Quote