Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2017, 08:13 PM   #1

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
1975 Airstream Argosy 24 - Texas

Title: 1975 Airstream Argosy 24 - Texas
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

The time has come for me to offer for sale our 1975 Argosy24 trailer, our faithful traveling companion these last 6 years. We're moving up to a bigger trailer to go with the bigger dog we adopted, and trying to keep the operational fleet size at 1.

This Argosy is ready to go camping. (In fact we were camping in it just a few weeks ago.) It's a great travel trailer, and VERY original. It still has the original Dometic 2-way gas/electric refrigerator, gas range, Suburban furnace, cabinetry and fixtures. It's lighter for its size than a modern trailer, and tows very well. The original awning hardware has updated fabric that's in good shape. I've stored the trailer under cover since I purchased it, and the previous owner kept it in covered storage as well. All systems are working and usable.

This is a rear-bathroom trailer with center twin beds and a front dinette that converts to a double bed. The upholstery on the dinette is original and in good shape. Last year we put in custom-made curtains with the correct hardware on the original aluminum curtain rails. I also have the original manuals and the window sticker.

Functionally, our Argosy is very well-updated. We've traveled over 20,000 miles in the last 6 years, many of those trips are documented on AIRForums. It's ready to go camping just like it was when it rolled off the line in '75. It's a good boondocking trailer because the refrigerator and water heater work well without requiring any 12V power, and the LED lighting I installed is extremely efficient.

- New curtains 2016
- Custom-made innerspring mattresses 2016 (Cantwell Mattress)
- New torsion axles, bearing and brakes Fall 2012
- Michelin LTX tires
- Custom window protectors for the deep-wrap "Panorama" windows
- 3-stage 45A Powermax converter-charger
- Shurflo water pump
- LED interior lighting
- Aluminum 30-lb propane cylinders w/ new (2016) pigtails
- Newer water heater
- Oxygenics showerhead
- Seams & openings sealed 2012
- New window seals 2012
- New smoke+CO detector 2016

All that said, this is a very original 1975 Argosy. As you can see in the photos there are some thin spots in the original paint. A previous owner replaced the '70s carpet with vinyl tile squares, and the "Avocado" countertops with a more neutral laminate. The trailer has its original tanks, so the black and gray tanks aren't huge. Some of the bathroom fixtures are more functional than fantastic.

There are more photos available here:
https://goo.gl/photos/uqRzxtQfKFEdTJxYA
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...gosy-24-texas/
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
1975 Airstream Argosy 24 - Texas

Added a bunch of photos to the Google Photos album linked in the ad text.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 05-01-2021, 02:42 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 24
Tulare , California
1975 argosy cushion replacement

Hello! When you had your 75 argosy did you happen to have the front cushions replaced? If so, could you possibly point me in the direction of someone who can do it? Thank you!
Laurel914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 03:01 PM   #4

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel914 View Post
Hello! When you had your 75 argosy did you happen to have the front cushions replaced? If so, could you possibly point me in the direction of someone who can do it? Thank you!
I didn't, actually. Someone else may have in the Argosy's life before it came to me, but I appreciated the funky 70s nubby green stuff, and the fabric seemed quite "vintage." Any good upholsterer should be able to do that kind of work, though.

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 05-01-2021, 03:29 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 24
Tulare , California
Same, I am keeping the original avocado green etc.. the cushions I don’t think are original but are disintegrating in a sense, not very comfy and just want some newer clean ones really.
Did you happen to replace your refrigerator or any of the bathroom appliances?
I appreciate your time! Just trying to navigate through these posts, pretty interesting!
Laurel914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 03:59 PM   #6

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel914 View Post
Same, I am keeping the original avocado green etc.. the cushions I don’t think are original but are disintegrating in a sense, not very comfy and just want some newer clean ones really.
Did you happen to replace your refrigerator or any of the bathroom appliances?
I appreciate your time! Just trying to navigate through these posts, pretty interesting!
Once I cleaned up the burner and replaced the propane regulator, my 1975 Dometic fridge did a great job. Every once in a while it'd get a bit too cold and freeze lettuce if you didn't open it often enough. I was planning to replace the toilet, but that's a fiddly process since the modern ones need a little more room behind it, so you'd have to give up the weird backrest/cubbyhole and I never got around to it. I did have to regularly treat the toilet with stuff to lubricate the blade seal or it wouldn't hold water in the bowl, but it worked OK otherwise. The water pump was new, the air conditioner was original!