Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-20-2022, 11:53 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Beautiful , Oregon
1973 Airstream Tradewind 25 - Oregon

The 1973 Tradewind is a manageable size lighter weight Rehabed and Renovated. Go to airforum and search " 1973 trade wind reno rehab" to see the detailed work. Spend some time looking at the step by step work so you can become intimately familiar with this trailer. No cover ups. No shoddy work. This was done for my family and a labor of love and the best of my abilities. It will stand up to professional scrutiny.

I took the best of the Airstream classic style wood interior of the past and meld it with the best of today bringing it together in this 1973 Tradewind.

When looking at the pictures click on them, make them big, and see all the detail. The value will shine. Evaluate the quality of material, the care, the craftsmanship and the overall feel of this trailer. I don t know. You be the judge.

I was sensitive to its weight, style, and feel and most of all in doing it right, really right, so it will last another 50 years, more. Many have said I hit a home run.

It is not original, I have made some changes, some updates but it is in many ways better than original. No corners cut to hit a price point. It was the pure pursuit of the good. It has charm, warmth and perhaps a bit of style. I hope it reminds you of the best of the 60 s trailer, with the style of 70s body with the overtones of a wooden sail boat interior. The bumper/frame has been extended so the dump valve can be dealt with without having to get on a knee. You will appreciate that.

Folks, my best advice, there are all types of trailers out there, look around, at the many trailers out there and see if this trailer speaks to you.

Note: Now, as nice as this trailer is it can be even nicer. For instance, I did not shine the outside. As I like to say, my shine is on the inside . I have only used it once since the work was done. Time to pass it on to someone who will use it to follow his or her traveling passions.

Professional appraised 73,500.00 in 2016 Offered at 73,500.00 in 2022 used once. The work is still new. Inflation and shortages not withstanding.

List of work done and parts installed available

Serious only. Thank You Tony

View this ad at Airstream Classifieds - 1973 Airstream Tradewind 25 - Oregon

Tony S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 12:39 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Your trailerooks shows beautifully. Your thread was a good read. The right person will be so lucky to purchase this trailer.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 03:33 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Beautiful , Oregon
Thanks for your kind words. I do hope the new owner can feel what went into it.
Tony S is offline   Reply With Quote