Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-27-2019, 07:32 PM   #1

1973 23' Safari
Seminole , Florida
1973 Airstream Safari 23 - Florida

Title: 1973 Airstream Safari 23 - Florida
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Vintage 1973 Airstream 23’ Safari Tandem Axle Trailer

We purchased this trailer in September 2011. It has served our family well on many camping trips, but the kids have grown up, and it’s time her to find a new home. The trailer sleeps four, and is the smallest 1973 Airstream model with dual (tandem) axles. It tows very nicely with a ½ ton pickup truck. This Airstream is a “campground” version. A previous owner removed the propane system and switched the trailer to all electric. The propane water heater, furnace, and stove were removed, and the water heater was replaced with an electric version. We exclusively visited campgrounds, so this wasn’t a problem for us. The freshwater belly tank was removed as well. Again, since we used campground hookups, this was never a problem for us. An extra advantage to this setup is, by not having to haul water, the camper was lighter and easier to tow.

Exterior skin is in good condition, with the exception of the front passenger side quarter panel. We suspect a previous owner rubbed against a branch or bush and wrinkled the skin. Damage is cosmetic only, but I prefer to disclose any flaws in advance to prevent wasting your time and mine if this is a deal killer. The listing photos show the spot, but I’m happy to send more photos or a video if needed. The rest of the skin has a few “beauty marks” but is consistent with the age of the trailer.

The Airstream has a convertible sofa/bed in both the front living area and the middle bedroom, which also contains abundant closet and drawer storage space. A dining/work table folds out from the side next to the entry door. The kitchen is equipped with a convection oven, refrigerator, and a double sink. The rear bath contains a head (toilet), shower, sink with storage, and an additional large closet. Four stabilizing jacks are attached to the trailer, with new ground pads and drill socket included. Bring a cordless drill, and you can be set up in 15 minutes.

• Entire trailer polished with 1st and 2nd cut aircraft compound.
• Brand new 75 amp hour deep cycle Marine/RV battery.
• Brand new Trailer King ST 225/75R15 radial tires.
• Brand new premium vinyl plank flooring.
• Replaced head (toilet) in 2014.
• Replaced refrigerator in 2014.
• Replaced air conditioner in 2012.
• Replaced brake/reverse/running lights with upgraded LED lighting.
• Axle bearings repacked < 100 miles.
• Weight distribution hitch, swing arms, and anti-sway bar included.
• Sleeping capacity: 4
• Dry weight: 4520 lbs.
• VIN: L23D3S2506
• Clear title

Local buyers are more than welcome to inspect, but please call or message me in advance. I prefer the use of escrow.com or a reputable 3rd party escrow service for out of state buyers. If you are out of state, also please consider a volunteer inspector (http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/inspectors).

Thanks,

Marc
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...-23-florida-6/
NachoDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote