1973 Airstream Trailer Restored Read for Travel or use as a Tiny Home
Model: Safari Land Yacht Double Axle 23 foot
This trailer is restored, safe, ready for a summer on the road, or us her as a Tiny Home to put on a desert or mountain property.
She got lots of love and attention during our ownership. She was brought back to very close to its original condition by searching for as many original parts, including new, used, and after market. She was kept at Pinecrest Vintage RV Park in Julian for a few years, then visited Desert Sands Vintage RV Park so there are very few actual road miles on her. We are a family of 5 two adults with three little boys and there is more than enough space! The two couches convert to two double beds.
While the trailer has been restored, she has been enjoyed and loved by our family. She is completely safe and beautiful, but she is almost 50 years old and she has her imperfections. So embrace the era of modernism, and live the wabi sabi and hygge lifestyle that comes her vintage. She is ready for you to take her, add your own style, and make her your own!
Back from an era where these were built either in Cerritos, California or Jackson Center, Ohio. This is a rare 1973 Airstream 23 foot Safari Land Yacht Double. What is rare is the 23 foot model normally had a single axle, but this one has two axles which means it has 4 wheels. A two axle trailer is preferred because the weight capacity is a lot higher making it easier for you to haul more supplies and so on. With 4 tires it is safer if you have a tire blow out. The make for a smoother, steadier, and ride. The 23 foot length is short enough to make it easy to tow, yet long enough to provide lots of living space.
All the windows open and close properly with good seals so the trailer completely waterproof. Heater and air conditioner keep it warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
These are the things that were updated since 2015:
- Prodigy 7 prong wireless remote brake and brake light set installed by San Diego Trailer Supply
- Rooftop air conditioner
- Heater on thermostat
- Range oven and 4 burner gas stove top
- Replacement axles, brakes, bearings, and tires
- Electric hitch winch
- Dometic electric Refrigerator with great freezer
- Water pump
- TV/DVD on adjustable arm
- Updated large refillable aluminum propane tanks
- Wood laminate flooring
- Toilet and flusher
- Refinished original sink and shower
- Floral 1970 s shower curtain and window curtains
- Reinforced door lock and dead bolt
- Fold away dining table
- Grey and black water tanks
- Thetford SmartTote2 LX 4 Wheel Portable Waste Tank, 27 Gallon great for boondocking
- Including RhinoFLEX 10 Sewer Kit swivel hose, swivel hose elbow with locking ring, 4 in 1 adapter
- New in package Slunky 20 hose support
- New 7 point plug for your car, truck or SUV.
- New battery bought April 28, 2021
- New breaker switch for DC power
- Elements Gray Double Tire Cover, 27" 29"
- Bright interior with 1970 s style groovy Mod upholstery, curtains. and pillows
All systems were checked, and she is fully operational.
- Trailer Weight = 3450 lbs.
- Tongue Weight = 570 lbs weight of the trailer on the ball of the towing vehicle
- Ball Hitch Height = 19.5
- Ball Hitch Size = 2 1/8
- Length = 23 ft. hitch to bumper all Airstreams are measured the same way
- Clear Title
- Valid California license plate and registration
With your purchase we will provide you with digital versions of:
- Brochure of the all Airstream models offered in 1973.
- Airstream Trailer Weights by year and model
- 1973 Airstream Original Pricelist
- 1973 Airstream 23 ft Safari Land Yacht Floorplan
This beauty is sold as is, and the sale is final. Come see her in person, contact me with questions, or both. I have described this trailer completely and honestly to the best of my ability. I have no desire to deceive anyone just to make a sale.
We are not a dealer or reseller, so we do not offer financing.
View this ad at Airstream Classifieds
- 1973 Airstream Safari 23 - California